Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Indiana State Fair

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
Percherons getting ready for competition
statefair2009021.jpg

statefair2009019.jpg

Lady's cart was the 1st competition of the evening.

statefair2009050.jpg

statefair2009083.jpg

statefair2009127.jpg

Next up, 4 horse hitch
statefair2009135.jpg

statefair2009181.jpg

statefair2009189.jpg

6 horse hitch
statefair2009273.jpg

statefair2009263.jpg

Clydesdale team
statefair2009346.jpg

statefair2009325.jpg

One of the show wagons
statefair2009017.jpg

statefair2009033.jpg

Yours for only $500,000:)
statefair2009388.jpg

Great photos! Thanks for posting them!

Beautiful horses and wagons!

And, ummm, what's a "combine" for? I live in Ohio, but closer to the city than the country! :confused:

They are used at harvest time for corn, soybeans or wheat.

They are not used for homegrown.:laugh:

Thanks for posting Bruce. Aren't they beautiful animals.
Homegrown maybe if you were driving a combine instead of Misty you would have won against the bike. :chuckle:chuckle Sorry Homegrown I had to say it.

I think of the new combines have more features than our cars!! You guys & gals that love your ACC cruise control would like one of the newest feature on some combines: GPS Sat steering!! I think it's kind of like an auto pilot!

What???? You've never priced a combine before? :lol:
Better not look at tractor prices!!

And now you know why small farmers are going broke and the big corporations, many of them foriegn, are buying up the small farms. You should look up and see how much we the taxpayers are paying these people not to plant crops. Bail outs are not new, the farm bailouts go back decades. Since this thread is about the state fair I guess I didn't hijack anything. The farm subsidies you can look up by the county and the name of each person or corporation, it is public information.

What???? You've never priced a combine before? :lol:
Better not look at tractor prices!!

Yes, we know how much they cost, we still have a lot of farming in our area. John Deere makes some awesome equipment...Nothing runs like a Deere.

More photos

Kathy went back to the State Fair on Saturday to watch the Belgian draft horses, Haflingers and Draft Ponies compete. She visited the Llamas and Alpacas.

statefair2009339.jpg

Belgians getting ready for competition.
statefair2009124.jpg

First up Belgian Ladies' Cart.
statefair2009070.jpg

statefair2009086.jpg

statefair2009087.jpg

statefair2009092.jpg

statefair2009091.jpg

Lined up inside the Coliseum.
statefair2009116.jpg

Haflinger Men's Cart.
statefair2009221.jpg

statefair2009223.jpg

Belgian Pair Mares getting ready to go into the Coliseum.
statefair2009226.jpg

Harnesses in their cases. Each harness costs between $6,000-$8,000.
statefair2009143.jpg

Belgian 6 Horse Hitch.
statefair2009300.jpg

statefair2009312.jpg

statefair2009320.jpg

statefair2009324.jpg

Belgian 6 Horse Hitch competitors inside the Coliseum.
statefair2009357.jpg

Unhitching the teams.
statefair2009364.jpg

Time for a bath.
statefair2009384.jpg

statefair2009430.jpg

Home away from Home.
statefair2009436.jpg

statefair2009437.jpg

Just an FYI:
Horses are measured from the ground to the top of their withers. They are measured in "hands". One hand is equal to 4 inches. Many of the draft horses will be 16-17 hands or taller. aka HUGE! They can weigh between 1800 -2200 lbs.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Everytime we get a posted thread I get hungry gosh State Fairs have the best food cant just smell the onions cooking yum lets go eat in Indiana.:D:D:D

Fred:patriot::patriot::patriot:

Poodle Cut?

I don't think I understand the "poodle cuts" on the llamas - but those babies sure are cute! Love the draft horses... Thanks for posting the pictures ---I forget that the fair is more than the Midway :pukeface: (not a big fan of the Tilt-a-Whirl).

Does Indiana have a Cream Puff Building? :D That's my 2nd favorite place at the WI fair. :beerchug:

~Cathy

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Everytime we get a posted thread I get hungry gosh State Fairs have the best food cant just smell the onions cooking yum lets go eat in Indiana.:D:D:D

Fred:patriot::patriot::patriot:

This is one of my favorite places to eat! :lol: I really love the elephant ears!

statefair2009443.jpg

Kathy:chuckle

I don't think I understand the "poodle cuts" on the llamas - but those babies sure are cute! Love the draft horses... Thanks for posting the pictures ---I forget that the fair is more than the Midway :pukeface: (not a big fan of the Tilt-a-Whirl).

Does Indiana have a Cream Puff Building? :D That's my 2nd favorite place at the WI fair. :beerchug:

~Cathy

There wasn't a "Cream Puff" building that I could find. But there was a LOT of good smelling food!

"It's all about the hair!" :chuckle The Alpacas & Llamas were so cute & personable! I thought I wanted one... then I did some research today on the net......too much work! I'll just see them at the fair once a year!

I absolutely love draft horses. I'm amazed at their size and strength. I would be at the State Fair every day (if I didn't have to work :chuckle) It's fun to watch the horses right before they enter the arena...at first they fidget, then they are told by the driver to start moving and the horses kinda "pump up"....it's show time. By the end of the day, some of the horses have been in harness for several hours; they can be a little cranky.

Ahhhhhhh, the smell of food & surf!!! :rocker:

Makes me want to head up to the Jersey shore and walk the great boardwalks!!! :worship:

Right, Bobbbbo!!??

Floyd (BB)

Lets sneak over there and have some right now.:lol:

Fred:D

I was going to stop by the Dessert Factory for some ice cream on the way out but there was a line, and I didn't want to wait. I was still full from the elephant ear that I had had earlier that evening:chuckle

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom