Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

just joined

W

wilson

i have just acquired a 2007 xlr v which i will be picking up in the next couple of days and i'm really looking forward to it. just thought i'd say hi in the meantime.

i have just acquired a 2007 xlr v which i will be picking up in the next couple of days and i'm really looking forward to it. just thought i'd say hi in the meantime.

Congrats!! You will find a lot of good info on this forum!

What color xlr?

looks silver but gm called it platinum with the light interior. lovely looking car.

Hi!:wave:
Welcome to the Forum, from another '07 V owner! You'll really enjoy this place.
BTW, Niagara where---U.S. or Canada (like me)?

Congrats & welcome to the forum!!! You will have soooooo much fun with your XLR... be ready for heads to turn and questions, questions, and more questions from people every time you stop.

thanks very much everybody. i kind of found the forum by accident and it looks great and i've already learned a lot. 2b2 it's canada and rod i know heads will turn and people will ask questions but i'm actually used to that, i also have an avanti.
thanks again

thanks very much everybody. i kind of found the forum by accident and it looks great and i've already learned a lot. 2b2 it's canada and rod i know heads will turn and people will ask questions but i'm actually used to that, i also have an avanti.
thanks again
Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of owning the most incredible car Cadillac ... no, GM, ever built. Hope you can hook up with some of us this summer sometime. If you think it's amazing with the attention you get by yourself, you should see how much attention several XLR's get. :blinzel:

Miles of smiles! Enjoy!

I also have an avanti.

Original Avanti by Studebaker or Avanti II?

Welcome to the forum!

We will require pictures, of course, after you take delivery!

And pictures of the Avanti too!!!

thanks dave, pearl and rob. it's nice to be welcomed. dave - chicago is my kind of town. i can only imagine what it would be like to see a group of xlrs coming down the road and when i figure out how to load pictures i'll certainly put some on of the caddy and the avanti.
have a nice day all. :wave:

thanks dave, pearl and rob. it's nice to be welcomed. dave - chicago is my kind of town. i can only imagine what it would be like to see a group of xlrs coming down the road and when i figure out how to load pictures i'll certainly put some on of the caddy and the avanti.
have a nice day all. :wave:

WELCOME WILSON :blinzel:
We just got back to PA from Savannah Ga. we were our on 32nd Anniversary getaway and just notice you join. Welcome to the forum your gonna love here! Just wanted to mention along with my 05 XLR (Silver too!) I also own a 52 Studebaker Pickup Truck Shortbed it's a working progress of being a streetrod (Retirement Project) when finished someday! The truck was passed down the family to my father from his uncle then to me years ago. I pulled the original motor to rebuild but back then could not find all the pistons, so I sold the original motor/Trans. I have a LS1 Motor/Trans to install in it. Now my father who is 79 is always picking on me that if he passes before he gets to ride in it again he's going to come back and haunt me! :pat:

I attached some pictures
Take a L:lol::lol:k!

Picture 164.jpg

OC Endless Summer Pics 145.jpg

View attachment 1678

View attachment 1679

View attachment 1680
Caddyman Dan :wave:

thanks again all.
thought i'd be picking her up today but it's being delayed a couple of days. when i do i will get some pictures, but in the meantime here are a couple of the avanti.
all the best

thanks again all.
thought i'd be picking her up today but it's being delayed a couple of days. when i do i will get some pictures, but in the meantime here are a couple of the avanti.
all the best

:rocker::rocker:Nice, Nice, Nice!!!!:rocker::rocker:

thanks rod. i will say it's one of the few cars that every time i drive it, i love it. i'm sure the xlr will give the same feeling.

thanks again all.
all the best[/QUOTE

:rocker:VERY SWEET:rocker:
Is that a sunroof in the picture and it is the car original?

Caddyman Dan

yes sir, all original. one of the 50 blake special edition touring coupes and in great shape although now that i think about it, i did change the exhaust and had the engine refined a little.

Welcome, another Canadian....fabulous and you live about an hour away from me! :wave:

Have you had that Avanti to the Waterdown show? Those are seriously cool cars: they were so far ahead in time in their styling, I always kind of wanted one. Wondering if it is a 62 or 63 ....not that it matters truly as I don't even know how to tell the difference if there is any. :dunno: So now you own two rare and unique cars!

Anyway, welcome, perhaps we will get together sometime. I am sure you will absolutly love your XLR ~ how could you not? I have a friend in the Waterdown area who also has a Silver V although he has not joined the forum. I guess he is just an XLR owner and not an enthusiast!

2bar: You joined this group before me and I never stumbled across you before: strange! Are there any other XLR's in NF that you know about? There sure can't be many! :)

Before I bought mine, there was a black (2006???) XLR here in the city. It was damaged badly in the right quarter and was off the road most of last summer. I saw it for sale a few months ago. Recently I was told by a friend that there is a gold or platinum one here now, and perhaps another black one as well. Not sure if either is a V. So, it looks like there may be 4 here in the city now. Amazing in a small place like St. John's. BTW, it was minus 7 celsius here earlier today. Probably May before the salt has washed off the roads.

hi gray
i've always said to people they're all 62s. it never really changed much. the only two changes over the years that i think took place were the switch from round headlights and the switch to an integrated bumper, otherwise whatever the year, they're all 62. you'll actually see it on most of the lights on the cars. almost all are stamped studebaker 62. never went to waterdown but did actually end up at mapleview when they had one of their classic car nights.
thanks

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back