Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

LED lamp upgrades for passenger cabin.

Here is the site I bought the HID upgrade from.
http://www.omnixautosports.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ED-9045-HID-KIT

Was very easy to install - just had to mount the ballasts and then it is just plug and play - one end plugs into the lamps, in the house, the other end to the ballast, then a connection from the ballast to the XLR socket. It should take you about 45 minutes to do both sides.

Let me know if anyone else has done this - I tend to use my fog lights all the time, it really brightens up the road at night.

Sig,

Above is the link to the site that I purchased my HID kit from. Good luck.

:rocker:

The kit should be here in a couple of days. I ordered off the link that Dave posted. I'll take pictures. Good point Kev. I hope that there is enough room on the V with the extra oil cooler in there.

Bob

I cant' wait to see the photos and read the installation story. I have been wanting to install these in my Excursion as well so this will help with that decision.

...(snip)...I still need to replace the festoon/hook lamp under the hood with a much brighter, wide angle LED. CC :wave:
CC, do you have an under-hood light in your XLR? My XLR-V had no hood light !! No idea why a 6 figure car has no light under the hood. Maybe just the non-V models got lights? This is crazy. Bill

I'm not positive, but I believe they quit putting them in after the '07 model year. My '06 V has the under hood light.

CC, do you have an under-hood light in your XLR? My XLR-V had no hood light !! No idea why a 6 figure car has no light under the hood. Maybe just the non-V models got lights? This is crazy. Bill

That is crazy. My 06 has the festoon style underhood light.

Well you guys with '06's are lucky ... I don't even have a harness going under the hood to plug one in. Maybe Caddy figured they could shave $20 off their factory costs ... and hell, with such high production volumes of XLR-Vs, this could save GM a small fortune! :dunno:

did my entire interior & trunk in LED... looks GREAT...

need to do license plate and considering reverse lights... anyone else do reverse lights?

linked because it's big (we need the vbulletin auto-resize plug-in): http://i.imgur.com/vZByI.jpg

Installed mine the first week I had the car. Big difference on light output. Still not as bright as the 55W 8000k HIDs I put on my Eldorado but I didn't want to risk melting the housings on the V (I knew the housings on the eldo are metal and could take it). One thing that can also be done to get more light output is remove the reflector inside the housing, but that also screws up the aim point (I put eyelids on the Eldo Fogs to solve it).

I recently purchased a set of 6000k pure white HID bulbs that are supposed to work off of the existing 4300k OEM ballast (they are not yet installed), will I have any ''melting'' issues?
:cool:

I recently purchased a set of 6000k pure white HID bulbs that are supposed to work off of the existing 4300k OEM ballast (they are not yet installed), will I have any ''melting'' issues?
:cool:

As long as they're the same D1S form-factor, changing the Kelvin level should have no ill effects.

Fog Lamps

Does anyone know the bulb number for the factory fog lamps. I want to try a superbrite LED bulb in there instead of going to HID lamps.

did my entire interior & trunk in LED... looks GREAT...

need to do license plate and considering reverse lights... anyone else do reverse lights?

linked because it's big (we need the vbulletin auto-resize plug-in): http://i.imgur.com/vZByI.jpg
Lucky, I've done my entire interior, trunk and license plate also. The reverse lights look very yellow now and I want to switch them to LEDs also. As I recall it was easy to do the license plate, but seemed like a lot of work to get at the reverse lights. If someone has done them, I also would like to know the process. Bill

Does anyone know the bulb number for the factory fog lamps. I want to try a superbrite LED bulb in there instead of going to HID lamps.

9045 bulbs, which has the same base PZ20D as 9055/H12, only the wattage are different.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom