Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Looking for help with Blend Door locations and/or repair.

mmagic

My XLR/V(s)
2005 silver
Hello. 2005 XLR purchased in 2008. 50,000 miles. Always in a garage and tender. The A/C on the driver's side is 20 degrees warmer than the passenger side. Heat seems fine, just the A/C
puts out around 75 degrees on driver's side but 55 degrees on the passenger side

Maybe passenger side sensor? Just a guess but try everything else before considering replacing the heater box. I think they started the assembly line with the heater box and built the car around it.

Thanks. The passenger side air and heat is fine. The driver's side heat is fine but air is too hot. I wonder where the sensor's are located. I am looking at getting a service manual and wrestling with a hard copy or a much cheaper USB version. Any idea where I can find these sensor locations online?

Drivers side sensor is just below the start button.
System uses a foil roll with holes in it that wined back and forth till the proper patch with the holes for the selected function are aligned.

Okay will check that out. A thermistor that "opens" will show high resistance which relates to lower indicated temperature (than actual). Perhaps that is keeping the blend door partially open, passing heat.

The problem might be that you are low on refrigerant, Scotty Kilmer did a youtube about that same problem.
Good luck

The problem might be that you are low on refrigerant, Scotty Kilmer did a youtube about that same problem.
Good luck
Thank you! I added 120 grams more refrigerant and now only 1.6 degrees different. 54F on passenger and 55.6
on driver's!

Glad to hear that worked for you, we need all the AC we can get here in Florida.

Hi All. Glad to hear mmagic's issue was resolved easily!
The 2005 I just got, I just noticed a "loud whining" when I turned on the AC/climate on a hot day last weekend and fan went full speed. If I turned fan down, whining got much quieter.
Did not hear this when I test drove car in early June in Fla.
Wondering if something may be stuck in fan or something else?
Have not investigated yet, but my guess is blower motor/fan may be impossible to get to?
Thanks

Make sure all the air dampers are wide open, I know mine makes more noise when they are closed. Actually the motor/fan is not too hard to get at, above the passenger floor there is a cover plate under the dash that comes off fairly easily and then it's just 3 screw and a wire connector. It has been a year since I removed mine, I hope I am remembering it correctly. Good luck

Thanks much for your info justdennis ! I will check it out this weekend.
See you have a XLR-V, they are really neat, but were out of my price range.
Would love to find a grille or hood from a -V for mine!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom