Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

My February... BUSINESS FIRE

All good news!

Thought of you Rod when I took my first top down trip of 2013 - considered posting about it & then chuckled to myself about your usual good natured responses about yours still being in winter storage. I know I would not be so nice about it!

Hope you keep staying ahead of the curve on healing!

This is the first time I have looked over into the "Off Topic" section of the forum in quite a while and was shocked to learn about what happened to Rod. Rod, Diane and I wish you a speedy recovery. We really wanted to make the Montana XLR trip this summer and see everyone again, but due to the nature of our business (HVAC) will be unable to do so. Rod we hope you will be well enough by then and everyone can enjoy the trip.

Rod, Kris and I are so glad to hear you are doing so well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope to cross paths with you and Cindy again soon.

Again, sorry about the accident and excited to hear that your prognosis is so positive. Wishing you a speedy recovery and time in the XLR with the top down and wind in your face!

OH My. All my best for a full and speedy recovery. Burns can be so devastating and infectious.

Best wishes,

Bob

Things are going really quite well here in the burn unit in Aurora, CO. Today, I was told I was downgraded from ICU. Meaning not needed to be constantly monitored, with vitals only logged every 4hours instead of every hour. The doctor was in this afternoon while my dressings were changed. Watched for a few minutes, and said, "Everything looks perfect."
The first round of autografting - grafting using my own skin - will begin on Wednesday morning this week. Apparently this can be the most painful portion on the actual skin grafting process, the area that the skin in taken from ends up like a major road rash. Thank God for good pain meds. Anyway, thank you for all the well-wishes and prayers. It does help knowing that there are so many friends that have become an actual part of my extended family. I'm sure Cindy will update the caring bridge page after Wednesday's surgery...

Such great news Rod looks like your being a very good patient also! We will keep the thoughts and prayers coming your way from here in PA! Best of luck on the rest of the surgery and God Bless you and your family!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Rod, such great news!! See what lots of prayers and positive thinking does for the body and soul. I am so happy to hear things are going great.

Take care,

Mike

Rod,

I cannot tell you exciting it is to hear the great progress you are making on your recovery. Prayers and positive thoughts go a long way in helping you through your recovery - but its YOUR positive attitude and determination that is probably the most powerful of healing. Keep up the good work and thanks for keeping us posted on your progress - we are all thinking of you often! :wave:

Things are going really quite well here in the burn unit in Aurora, CO. Today, I was told I was downgraded from ICU. Meaning not needed to be constantly monitored, with vitals only logged every 4hours instead of every hour. The doctor was in this afternoon while my dressings were changed. Watched for a few minutes, and said, "Everything looks perfect."
The first round of autografting - grafting using my own skin - will begin on Wednesday morning this week. Apparently this can be the most painful portion on the actual skin grafting process, the area that the skin in taken from ends up like a major road rash. Thank God for good pain meds. Anyway, thank you for all the well-wishes and prayers. It does help knowing that there are so many friends that have become an actual part of my extended family. I'm sure Cindy will update the caring bridge page after Wednesday's surgery...

Perhaps I am being too nosey here: please tell me where to go if you want Rod....:bash:....but I am wondering where the worst of your burns are and the cirmstances of the accident (aka how you got burned where you were burned)? I am guessing from what I have read on your legs and backside? Usually the grafts come from your backside, but if that is where the damage is, then where are the grafts coming from: tummy/rib cage & arms?

Regardless, our thoughts and prayers are with you. :love:

Rod,

Thanks for sharing all your good recovery news. Your attitude is the key to it all. Sue and I are keeping you and Cindy in our prayers.

Today was a one of those proverbial bumps in the road. Today I went down to get grafted, and got brought back up with nothing being done. Guess, after getting prepped and having all the donor grafts removed, there were some areas of redness and slight infection; while these areas were being cleaned up my vitals dropped and the doctor called off the surgery. Guess they'll try again Friday.
While being disappointed, I do realize the doctor did the right thing in holding off on the surgery.

Hey Rod and Cindy, sorry that we haven't posted sooner to let you know that David and I are thinking about you and hoping for the best for you! I've been lurking though, and have been following your progress. It's going to be a tough go, but from the things you've written, I'm sure you have the strength to get through this. We've got some stuff going on here in WI that would have prevented us from doing the Western trip this year, so if it has to be saved until 2014 - count us in!
All the best! :rocker:
~Quinn and DD

Was just wondering how Rod is doing?Have not seen no new recent post! All your XLR FRIENDS are here for you if you just want to past time give us a post. Best of luck hope your recovering is going well and quickly!!!

Was just wondering how Rod is doing?Have not seen no new recent post! All your XLR FRIENDS are here for you if you just want to past time give us a post. Best of luck hope your recovering is going well and quickly!!!

There was just a new update just moments ago.
Try this link, you can sign up and have all updates sent to your e-mail.

CaringBridge / Rodney Hessler / Welcome

Wednesday, March 27th
After the last surgery on Monday, the doctors were stumped about why Rod's blood pressure dropped so drastically. They did a chest ex-ray, many blood tests, and an electrocardiogram. All came back negative. Today they did a cat scan and found blood clots in both lungs so now they are treating it. Hopefully the next surgery will be Monday.

Cindy

Wednesday, March 27th
After the last surgery on Monday, the doctors were stumped about why Rod's blood pressure dropped so drastically. They did a chest ex-ray, many blood tests, and an electrocardiogram. All came back negative. Today they did a cat scan and found blood clots in both lungs so now they are treating it. Hopefully the next surgery will be Monday.

Cindy

Thanks Cindy for the update on Rod. I hope all goes well on Monday.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom