Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

My February... BUSINESS FIRE

Update!!

Thanks for all your continued well wishes and prayers. Believe me.... Prayer works!!!
I was told this morning that my 10th surgery MAY have been my last. Doctors were in and said if everything continues to heal as it is... I won't need another, so, please keep those prayers coming!!!

Thanks for all your continued well wishes and prayers. Believe me.... Prayer works!!!
I was told this morning that my 10th surgery MAY have been my last. Doctors were in and said if everything continues to heal as it is... I won't need another, so, please keep those prayers coming!!!

That is AWESOME news, Rod! Keep on HEALIN'! :wave:

Great news! We'll keep you in our prayers.

You got it Rod!
We're even going to shoot you a DOUBLE WHAMIE ON OVER
Best if luck to you and GOD BLESS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Not to worry: we are all on the job Rod! :love: :angel :grouphug: :angel :love:

Additional update

Also, if everything continues as is, I'll be in acute rehab mid-next week!!!

You must be on Cloud 9. How absolutely wonderful to read this great news! You hang in there, Rod .... this dx makes me giddy .... you guys feel like you've just drank a bottle of the best wine ever??? Thrilled. Delighted. Estatic. Overwhelmed with emotion for you ..... :love::love::love:

Rod - The road hasn't been easy for you but this is great news! thoughts and prayers continue to be sent your way!

So good you get to bail on a surgery - think you've had enough! Keep getting better!

Rehab update

Written 5/18/13 (sorry I am slow at posting this)

Well, Rod finally made it up to rehab on Tuesday this week about 2 pm. Sorry if I have been remiss in updating this site (I actually get to stay with him up here on the rehab floor). I moved everything from the hotel to the hospital that day.
Wednesday was assessment day with evaluations and taking all his measurements. The past three days have been intense stretching starting at 8 am with PT for 1.5 hours then followed immediately by OT for 1.5 hours. Then he finally gets to shower, eat lunch, and lays with the dressings off his legs for 2 hours. By the time the RN is finished putting the dressings back on he is pretty bushed. He takes about a 3 hour nap, eats dinner, then takes another short nap, watches a little of the Colorado Rockies (baseball) game, takes a walk twice around the unit then it's bedtime. His day starts about 7:00 am and if you know Rod he is not a morning person. The schedule up here is pretty regimented so that they get all the PT, OT, and whatever else they need to do done each day.
I have actually had a crazy week with moving to the hospital and flying home to Billings for the benefit last evening. It was a whirlwind trip seeing family, puppy dogs, our house, and attending the wonderful benefit put on at the Shrine. We can't thank everyone enough for all that they have done for us! The benefit was fabulous, the food terrific, and the band was awesome!
Cindy
PS-yes we plan to continue this site until Rod is pretty much back to work (whatever that may be.)
Cindy

Written 5/18/13 (sorry I am slow at posting this)

Well, Rod finally made it up to rehab on Tuesday this week about 2 pm. Sorry if I have been remiss in updating this site (I actually get to stay with him up here on the rehab floor). I moved everything from the hotel to the hospital that day.
Wednesday was assessment day with evaluations and taking all his measurements. The past three days have been intense stretching starting at 8 am with PT for 1.5 hours then followed immediately by OT for 1.5 hours. Then he finally gets to shower, eat lunch, and lays with the dressings off his legs for 2 hours. By the time the RN is finished putting the dressings back on he is pretty bushed. He takes about a 3 hour nap, eats dinner, then takes another short nap, watches a little of the Colorado Rockies (baseball) game, takes a walk twice around the unit then it's bedtime. His day starts about 7:00 am and if you know Rod he is not a morning person. The schedule up here is pretty regimented so that they get all the PT, OT, and whatever else they need to do done each day.
I have actually had a crazy week with moving to the hospital and flying home to Billings for the benefit last evening. It was a whirlwind trip seeing family, puppy dogs, our house, and attending the wonderful benefit put on at the Shrine. We can't thank everyone enough for all that they have done for us! The benefit was fabulous, the food terrific, and the band was awesome!
Cindy
PS-yes we plan to continue this site until Rod is pretty much back to work (whatever that may be.)
Cindy

Thanks for posting here Cindy, twice I tried posting to Rod's guestbook and for some odd reason I could not.

Anyway, it is great that Rod is in rehab; and therefor moving onwards in his reecovery. We continue to think of him here on the form & personally I am looking forward to meeting you both in 2014 or when ever fate chances us to meet! :)

Awesome News!!.........

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker: Gee Rod & Cindy at the rate you're moving along here this may mean you may possibly be well enough to make it for Sept. 2013 Homecoming Trip! Now that would be awesome!! Not a day goes by that something reminds us of how well you are doing! Apparently all these group prayers :grouphug: must be working too! Keep your spirits up and and keep your trust in the man up stairs! God Bless! :wave:

Rehab in hospital

He is still in the hospital, just up on 8th floor for rehab. He has to be able to get dressed, go to the bathroom, and do everyday living functions by himself before he gets discharged from here. Then once he is home, he will continue rehab by appointments and working out at home on stretching, walking and getting his strength and stamina back. Will let you know when we go home hopefully it will be by the end of May.
Cindy

Thanks for the updates. Sounds like he's doing better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update. Keep up the good work that you both have been doing. Positive thoughts are headed your way.

Coming HOME!!!

Coming HOME!!!

We got the good news Thursday that the doctors have given Rod a discharge date of Friday, May 31st, barring anything unforeseen.
His schedule here in rehab is still the same but after his shower they are not leaving the dressings off for 2 hours. The past two days he has been walking around the rehab unit 2 times a day for two rounds. It is very good that he is able to walk more and more each day to build up his stamina.
Once he gets home he will continue rehab and dressing changes once a day.
We can't wait to get home and see everyone! Thanks to all of you for your continued prayers and blessings!
Cindy

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back