Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

National Corvette Homecoming 7/14-7/16/11

GREAT PHOTOS!

Once again, another fantastic event/trip, beautifully captured through the amazing photo eyes of Bruce and Kathy! Thank you both for not only taking charge of all of our PHOTO OPS, but for sharing with all of us. Our memories will be with us forever, but your photo logs of our get-togethers allow us to share with others (and hopefully encourage others to join us on the next event).

GREAT PICTURES! :rocker:

Here's a few pictures of Chicago Dave's XLR & Popbigguy's XLR-V inside the convention center during Friday's XLR seminar;

IMG_6139.jpg

IMG_6142.jpg

IMG_6138.jpg

Thanks for posting the pictures ..... another great sampling of what we missed .. :rolleyes: ..... Nice to see Rod & Cindy again ... How weird it is to see the XLR's in front of all Corvette signage ... it's a good thing Toffolo carries the XLR club sign around :rocker: ! I really like that tunnel shot ... that would make the perfect picture for the last page of any photo journal of this trip. SO many new faces ..... well, maybe next time!
Thanks again for taking the time to put these up .... I love them.

It was great having Rod & Cindy with us again, along with all of the other "long distance drivers". A great group of people. Thanks for the idea of the last picture on the Homecoming DVD. I'm glad you liked the pictures.

Once again, another fantastic event/trip, beautifully captured through the amazing photo eyes of Bruce and Kathy! Thank you both for not only taking charge of all of our PHOTO OPS, but for sharing with all of us. Our memories will be with us forever, but your photo logs of our get-togethers allow us to share with others (and hopefully encourage others to join us on the next event).

GREAT PICTURES! :rocker:

The ladder was worth bringing; we got some good pictures because of it. The HOT weather didn't make it any easier to get the pictures. Thanks for the kind words.:wave:

Thanks for posting the photos. For those of us who had to work and were unable to make the trip, it is nice to see faces of those we have met at past Rendezvous and the ones we have not met yet and only know through following the Forum. We get to enjoy some of the fun by viewing the photos and reading the postings of those who attended. Hopefully we will be able to make the long trek back east to an event in the future.

I'm sure a lot of people are viewing these beautiful pictures that everybody has been so kind to post for all to enjoy (George, Gizmo, Bruce/Kathy, etc....). I'd like to encourage everyone to take just a few minutes to make a quick comment, letting those who are sharing, how much we appreciate their hard work and their time taken to post the pictures for all of us to share. I'm not sure if many of you realize how much work it takes to go through a ton of pictures and select a handful to share (obviously I haven't taken the time to post any of my pictures yet - but I will). So feel free to just drop a quick comment after you enjoy the pictures. :blinzel:

Thanks everyone, for sharing! I'm sure those who missed this trip will almost feel like they were there with us. :wave:

It was great to see everyone this weekend. It was , as always, a great time. Sorry we had to leave early but prior comitments called. We look forward to seeing everyone again soon. The pic's are great to see. Thanks to all who posted. Bruce and Kathy, I hope you enjoyed your brick. You guys deserve it for all you do. Thanks.

Thanks

Had a great time this past weekend. It was good to see "old" friends and to meet new ones. It was also nice that "Photo Mom" was able to join us. :) Also, thanks to everyone for the "brick" at the Corvette Museum. The brick was a wonderful surprise! You guys are the best!!

Thank you very much!!

If anyone would like Dave Chrisley's email address (from the Bowling Green Assembly Corvette Club) send me a PM.

Kneeling, L to R:
Paula (jello-shot), Jack Parker (jackparker06V), Gizmo, ChicagoDave, Diane (Mrs. onalaska), Steve (onalaska), Devin (Chicago Dave's son).

Second Row L to R:
Kris (MissyBling), PJ (5am), George (Corn Dog), Julie Comella, Linda (LinSue), Lynda Parker, Rogene (Mrs. popbigbuy), Rich (homegameroom), Ginger, Rich (they are not on the net), Cindy (Mrs. mtrocket), Rod (mtrocket) & Jack (wb6bbz)

Back Row, L to R:
Bob (rleonard), Dave Chrisley (BGA Corvette Club), Steve (sschooley), Dennis, Airmike, Chad (popbigguy), Brian (madmac), June (Thirsty4), Marc (Tiffany's Dad)

Jim Baird, the event photographer, has begun posting his pics here. Quite a few pics of those who went on the cruise around town.

Thank you all for the pictures! It was a great time and great to meet all the people and match names to screen names. I have now revised my opinions of "vette" people thanks to Dave Chrisley and Bruce/Kathy. They went so far out of their way to show the xlr people a good time. I include Bruce since he doesn't have an xlr, YET? :worship: :worship: :worship:

Pics from Chicago Dave

Here are some of my pics...

GREAT PHOTOS everybody... I'll get some posted as soon as I have a chance to go through them. Probably this weekend...

Thank you all for the pictures! It was a great time and great to meet all the people and match names to screen names. I have now revised my opinions of "vette" people thanks to Dave Chrisley and Bruce/Kathy. They went so far out of their way to show the xlr people a good time. I include Bruce since he doesn't have an xlr, YET? :worship: :worship: :worship:

Mike, it was nice meeting you as well. Dave Chrisley & members of the BGACC really worked hard to make sure the XLR owners enjoyed their time in BG! It's too bad Dave is so shy.:lol::lol:

Hi All - I just wanted to take a minute to let you know how much Jim and I enjoyed seeing our XLR friends and making a number of new ones at the National Corvette Homecoming this past weekend.

A special thanks goes out to Bruce and Kathy and Joe Pruitt for giving us a heads-up that the XLR owner's would be special guests at the event. As a result, we were able to create a number of Cadillac and XLR pieces.

We hope to see you at another event soon!
Best regards,
Diane
CarArtWork

Diane, it was great to see you & Jim again. The new Cadillac/XLR pieces looked great. I don't think they lasted long.:lol:

Here's a few pictures of the pieces from the show;

More pictures

Here's pictures from Wednesday, Thursday & Friday.:wave:

IMG_5639.jpg

IMG_5826.jpg

IMG_5659.jpg

IMG_5764.jpg

Paula & Missy Bling

IMG_5809.jpg

IMG_5819.jpg

IMG_5919.jpg

IMG_5941.jpg

We are now home a little tired, but safe and sound. June and I saw some wondeful sites along the way. We drove some great roads there and back. 2500 miles to BG, and we put on another 3000 going home. The car got just a hair over 25mpg.
It was interesting to watch the landscape change as we went west. The corn fields finally ended west of North Platte, where the bald a** prairie ( ok grasslands) took over until we hit the mountains of Wyoming,Montana and Idaho. The number of vehicles on the road dimminshed as we went west as well, but the number of Troopers seemed to increase. Just about every small town in Idaho had a Trooper set up.

I still don't know how some of you guys and gals cope with the traffic on a daily basis.

Just a side note and not counting Bowling Green, during our 5500 mile trip we only saw two other XLR's One was south bound on the intersate by Chugwater
WY and the second was about 2 hours from home.

Thank you again everyone, we enjoyed our time in Bowling Green. I will post photos from our trip on another day.

It is time for some zzzzzzz's

Brian and June

It's good to read that you are home safe and sound. Thanks so much for making the trip to BG. We enjoyed seeing you guys again.:wave: Get some rest.

Kudos to June for riding co-pilot for all of those days! It's a good thing that the pit is comfy-cozy because with maps, purses, cameras and a cold drink it's a pretty confining area for 5 days at a time ..... I know!

We were always amazed because the traffic pattern changed just the opposite for us ... we left traffic nightmares behind when we left, and I can honestly say, the only place worse than LA was Dallas/Fortworth, and Oklahoma City .... my gosh! The semi's! Once we hit the deserts of AZ,NM & TX it got to be down right lonely...

Glad' you had a good time - yes, I will be looking forward to your pictures ... Thanks!

Cup Holder

Kudos to June for riding co-pilot for all of those days! It's a good thing that the pit is comfy-cozy because with maps, purses, cameras and a cold drink it's a pretty confining area for 5 days at a time ..... I know!

David has a 2-cup holder in his C6 that really adds to the storage on the road. We bought it at Bloomington Gold a couple of years ago. Last time we went back, I found a single cup model (think it's for a C5?) that fits in the XLR. It definitely helps!

We may have had to trim a little off the bottom - I don't remember.
Not sure the vendor was Ecklers, but here is a link from their catalog.

http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corv...black-1997-2004.html?crosssell=Product_Viewed

~Quinn

PS- so glad to see you in BG, and glad you guys are back home safely :)

It was nice to see as many of you as we could during the two days we were able to attend.
It is with sadness that we have decided to sell our 09 V due to my ongoing health issue. If you or anyone you know may be interested it can be seen on ebay. Thank you.
WLB.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back