Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

National Corvette Homecoming 7/14-7/16/11

Leechman Cadillac is excited about you guys coming to Bowling Green. I had my oil changed there this morning. They said to make sure to contact them when you are all in town, the manager is a big XLR fan. One of their salesmen was on the XLR design team. They have a beautiful Arctic White 2008 w/900 miles.

That sounds pretty cool. I guess when you work for a Cadillac Dealership in BG you would see a lot more XLR's than anywhere else, because the price to ship them was very low, lol! And after you've seen the car, not many people would be able to resist becoming a fan.

Example: My brother went to watch his friend and some teamates play in the All-Star game for baseball. When my dad showed up in the XLR, he was talking to my brother's friend's mom, and her daughter (who just got home from college) came running up to her mom and said she found her dream car. And our last name kind of looked like Zillionair and had a 2 for the second car. She said the dream car was black, and was a nice sports car, "He's a zillionair and he has two of them!" I heard this story and laughed so hard!

No package here from NCH. All I have is a automated email confirmation when I registered months ago.

No package here from NCH. All I have is a automated email confirmation when I registered months ago.

Time to start networking. Who got one, but won't be going? Get Lola's Mom to send you hers?

I registered some time ago and I have not received a VIP reception invite. @Bob: Maybe we can have our own VIP reception in the parking lot with lawn chairs and paper cups. :laugh:

I got mine but will not be able to attend. Bought a foreclosed townhouse 2 blocks from the Caddy dealer in central Phoenix and will be in the midst of remodel.

I registered some time ago and I have not received a VIP reception invite. @Bob: Maybe we can have our own VIP reception in the parking lot with lawn chairs and paper cups. :laugh:
George ... we aren't going to be using ours ... I have offered it to just one other person, if they do not want it, it will be yours if you want it....

vip

what is a vip invite? I have recieved no information after signing up months ago?

Event dash plaque

Here is the 3"x4" dash plaque I had made for The Homecoming. I think it came out great.

what is a vip invite? I have recieved no information after signing up months ago?

If you signed up early enough... you were to receive an invitation to a VIP evening party on Thursday. These are very limited.

Looks great Bruce.

Today I got a call from a man on our area. He has a '05 X. The first XLR that he had ever seen was when the MAM group was at the Coles County Airport for breakfast.

After that he had to have one. I shared info on the NCH and I think that they are going to attend. Akso will probably join us at Bobfest.

Welcome Larry

Bob

I'm glad you guys like the dash plaque. I've ordered 60 & will bring them to BG for the Homecoming. I'm still waiting to hear about info on T-shirts.

I am starting to make my plans now. I live about 3.5 hours away at legal speeds and am thinking about driving in early Friday and leaving Saturday evening. What time do things usually get rolling?

I am a newbie, I have had mine for 11 days now, and have lots to learn. Will it be easy to find fellow XLR owners? Is there a special gathering place?

Anyone traveling together?

Can't wait!

I am starting to make my plans now. I live about 3.5 hours away at legal speeds and am thinking about driving in early Friday and leaving Saturday evening. What time do things usually get rolling?

I am a newbie, I have had mine for 11 days now, and have lots to learn. Will it be easy to find fellow XLR owners? Is there a special gathering place?

Can't wait!

Glad you're coming to the party!!!:party I'm pretty sure all the XLR's will be parked in the same area... see you there!!!

Can't wait!

Welcome!!! It's great that you will be joining the group in Bowling Green. The Holiday Inn Unversity Plaza will be the host hotel, stop in there and look for the XLRs. I added your name to the attendee list. See you there.:wave:

First & Last

I just spoke with Joe, & he had a lot of exciting news about the Homecoming.

1. The Grand Marshal, Lance Miller will be bringing the famous #3 1960 Le Mans winning Corvette to the Homecoming for display.

2. The last Corvette built @ the St. Louis plant will be on display.

3. The first Corvette to roll off the line @ Bowling Green (along with the original owner) will be on display.

4. A special display of all 30 yrs. of Corvettes that were built in Bowling Green.

5. Special seminars on Friday with former plant manager Wil Cooksey and other XLR engineers.

6. Live band & open "Cruise-In" on Saturday evening.

7. Road tour on Friday afternoon that will end in downtown Bowling Green around the square were the cars will be on display.

It looks like it will be a great event that you won't want to miss!!!

I am registered and getting ready to book the Hotel. I'm wondering if I should adjust my plans and come in Thursday PM instead of Friday around 10AM.

I am especially looking forward to the seminars and would hate to miss one on Friday morning. I'm on the fence about which hotel. The Holiday Inn is now quoting $156.

Any suggestions where to buy XLR shirts so that I can be identified?

I am registered and getting ready to book the Hotel. I'm wondering if I should adjust my plans and come in Thursday PM instead of Friday around 10AM.

I am especially looking forward to the seminars and would hate to miss one on Friday morning. I'm on the fence about which hotel. The Holiday Inn is now quoting $156.

Any suggestions where to buy XLR shirts so that I can be identified?

Phrede, you should arrive in BG Thursday, you won't want to miss out on any of the activities. There are plenty of other hotels in BG @ exit #22 closer to I-65.
I'm working on a T-shirt for the event, I should have the final info in the next few days.
Looking forward to seeing you in BG.

Phrede, you should arrive in BG Thursday, you won't want to miss out on any of the activities. There are plenty of other hotels in BG @ exit #22 closer to I-65.
I'm working on a T-shirt for the event, I should have the final info in the next few days.
Looking forward to seeing you in BG.

Thanks, I think I will get there on Thursday now. Experience with similar events tells me that I will learn the most after hours from the seasoned owners while having a few adult beverages. I'm curious how we will be received by the staunch Corvette owners. Curious, not concerned.

I must say "Welcome to the Bluegrass" to everyone as they come to my home state. Just so you know, there are many dry counties in the Commonwealth that some of you may not be used to.

Here is what to watch for:
ksp129.jpg

not to imply that anyone would consider doing anything illegal :chuckle

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful trip.

I can't wait.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back