Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Nav Disc

jjsea55

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR-V, Shale interior
I'm probably the only one of us that didn't know this... but I'll throw it out in the event it helps someone.

I purchased the build sheet for my '06 XLR V from the Corvette Museum and had them create the replica window sticker. In reading the option info on the sticker I noticed that the Navigation Disc included two free updates with the car purchase. I contacted my dealer and he referred me to the GM Nav Disc center where I was able to speak with someone regarding an upgrade.

It appears that the program for the free upgrades was discontinued in '08, but they were willing to grant me the most recent upgrade simply on my inquiry. I had to give them my VIN, name & address, and should receive it within three to four weeks. She mentioned the years '06 & '07 were being given this opportunity, but earlier models may be included upon request.

I actually haven't used this option much yet and need to get more involved with it to see what it offers. Are there any particularly neat advantages or helpful functions that have been used and enjoyed in general practice (besides the basic nav guidance)?

The contact number is 877.NAV.DISC (628.3472) for anyone interested.

Thanks for the excellent tip and the phone #. Hopefully I can get a disc for my 2005!

jjsea55,

Great information and thank you for sharing!

Caron, Cadillac Customer Service

I'm probably the only one of us that didn't know this... but I'll throw it out in the event it helps someone.

I purchased the build sheet for my '06 XLR V from the Corvette Museum and had them create the replica window sticker. In reading the option info on the sticker I noticed that the Navigation Disc included two free updates with the car purchase. I contacted my dealer and he referred me to the GM Nav Disc center where I was able to speak with someone regarding an upgrade.

It appears that the program for the free upgrades was discontinued in '08, but they were willing to grant me the most recent upgrade simply on my inquiry. I had to give them my VIN, name & address, and should receive it within three to four weeks. She mentioned the years '06 & '07 were being given this opportunity, but earlier models may be included upon request.

I actually haven't used this option much yet and need to get more involved with it to see what it offers. Are there any particularly neat advantages or helpful functions that have been used and enjoyed in general practice (besides the basic nav guidance)?

Thanks so much ! One phone call and my new (free) Disc is on the way !

You guys had better luck than me....I was told that the offer expired and I'd have to purchase it for $199. I tried e-mailing them, and got the same response.

You guys had better luck than me....I was told that the offer expired and I'd have to purchase it for $199. I tried e-mailing them, and got the same response.
When I called a year or so ago, I was told the disc would cost me $199; this time they're sending me one, go figure... 7-10 days and it will be here. When you call, say "no" to the first question, which is, "Are you calling about a Navigation Disc order?" and you will be directed to customer service. If you say "yes", you are directed to the order desk, which cannot authorize a free disc. You have to ask for an exception to the discontinued free Nav Disc program. I was told the program was discontinued December, '09.

they were willing to grant me the most recent upgrade simply on my inquiry.

Just curious as to what is the effective date of the "most recent upgrade" and when is it expected to become obsolete via the next planned upgrade? Of course I am assuming that the answer is the same for all years of XLR...
Anyone know?

Steve

According to the GM NavDisc site, the current disc is listed as a 2009 issue and works with all XLR models from 2004 to 2009.

My nav disk update experience

I'm new here, but I thought I'd share my experience with getting a disk update.

I read this thread and called the NAV number yesterday, and *told* the operator that I qualified for disk update for m 2006 XLR. He asked for my name, model and VIN and whether I was the original owner.

He informed me the update offer is expired and where I did I hear that I qualified for the update. I mentioned this web site and the operator ask me to hold while he contacted the nav department directly.

After a few minutes on hold, he informed me that they were making an exception to the update policy and that I'd be receiving the most current nav disk for the xlr within 5-7 business days and I didn't even have to pay for shipping.

Chuck in PA.

I called this morning. The Nav Disk # connected me to Cadillac Customer Care, who set up a free disk update with the Nav Disk folks. Took about 5 minutes. Should be here in 5-7 days...

Made the call today....and was told NO....and was treated "very matter factorily" (sp?). I told the rep that I was never notified that the program expired in 2009, in fact I did not know the program even existed until I got the information here on our forum. She told me that the salesman/dealership are the ones that are responsible for telling owners about service upgrades....and its not their problem. She also said that she would have made an exception if I had contacted them in 2009.....I politely told her that if I contacted you in 2009 I would already have the upgrade and I would not be calling at this point. I very politely told her that I paid good money for the car, purchased a $3000 warranty (GMPP) and always take my car to GM/Cadillac for service, and it would be nice if an exception was made for me in the name of good customer service if nothing else. Was still told no....its the salesman's/dealerships fault and there would be no exception for any reason that I might mention. I thought that if the dealer is a GM/Cadillac/Chevrolet certified dealer, that they are part of the GM family.....and customer service should be job one on either end and not blamed on a salesman at a dealership. I hate to be "handled" or have my intelligence insulted......this has left my faith with GM as a whole very questionable.

Rant over!!!! :pat: :mad: :willy_nilly:

Made the call today....and was told NO....and was treated "very matter factorily" (sp?). I told the rep that I was never notified that the program expired in 2009, in fact I did not know the program even existed until I got the information here on our forum. She told me that the salesman/dealership are the ones that are responsible for telling owners about service upgrades....and its not their problem. She also said that she would have made an exception if I had contacted them in 2009.....I politely told her that if I contacted you in 2009 I would already have the upgrade and I would not be calling at this point. I very politely told her that I paid good money for the car, purchased a $3000 warranty (GMPP) and always take my car to GM/Cadillac for service, and it would be nice if an exception was made for me in the name of good customer service if nothing else. Was still told no....its the salesman's/dealerships fault and there would be no exception for any reason that I might mention. I thought that if the dealer is a GM/Cadillac/Chevrolet certified dealer, that they are part of the GM family.....and customer service should be job one on either end and not blamed on a salesman at a dealership. I hate to be "handled" or have my intelligence insulted......this has left my faith with GM as a whole very questionable.

Rant over!!!! :pat: :mad: :willy_nilly:

It's quite interesting that some of us are getting the exception and some are not.:dunno::dunno: Wonder why??

It doesn't sound like it should be called an exception when right on my window sticker it says: "Bose AM/FM/6 Disc CD Changer W/DVD Navigation & Voice Rec. Includes Two Free Map Updates". There is no information on the sticker that says this offer expires, only that it is limited to two free map updates.

I understand that GM quit offering the two free upgrades on 2009 or later models, but don't see how that would allow them to not honor the window sticker statement "Items Featured Below are included at NO EXTRA CHARGE in the Standard Vehicle Price Shown at Right" which was clearly printed on the window sticker and already paid for when the vehicle was purchased.

I have called the nav disc center several times in the past year or two and have been told that the free updates were no longer available and gave up and bought one in 2009 for $200.

Curious that some requesters received positive outcomes and some didn't. I actually expected a negative outcome since I wasn't the original purchaser... and I even gave her that bit of information. I remember her saying that the '06/'07 model years were being given special consideration for the one free upgrade... I suppose since they abruptly stopped the update program in '08.

From reading the posts, it appears there was some "luck of the draw" involved.

For those of you who didn't get a "freebie", call back and try again; there's bound to be more than one customer service rep answering calls, and you may end up with one who is more empathetic.

CC :)

Called today and had the disc update approved within 30 mins.. Like CC mentioned it could be pot luck with the GM rep..
Was treated excellent and my request was never in doubt other than supervisor approval..

For those of you who have had problems my contact was..

Alfred.... 866-790-5600 x32901 Give it a shot..

call center is in Phillipines.. [sp]

Gatorwilly :patriot: GO GATORS!!!

Called today and had the disc update approved within 30 mins.. Like CC mentioned it could be pot luck with the GM rep..
Was treated excellent and my request was never in doubt other than supervisor approval..

For those of you who have had problems my contact was..

Alfred.... 866-790-5600 x32901 Give it a shot..

call center is in Phillipines.. [sp]

Gatorwilly :patriot: GO GATORS!!!

Thanks....... I Will try again!!!!! :worship:

Most happy to be of assistance! I received mine yesterday. I also have a question... there are two disks, an eastern region and a western region... do you just pop in the one that applies? My XLR came with only one disk in the system... no clue if there was a second one in '06 or not.:dunno:

Most happy to be of assistance! I received mine yesterday. I also have a question... there are two disks, an eastern region and a western region... do you just pop in the one that applies? My XLR came with only one disk in the system... no clue if there was a second one in '06 or not.:dunno:

That would be my guess. My '07 also came with only one disc. Haven't had a chance to put it in the car yet...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom