Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

new brakes

monepit

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 black raven
I just installed new brakes on the xlr. mine squealed and one or more rotors was warped. I bought 4 drilled and slotted rotors with zinc coating, which looks great, plus ceramic pads for $221 from Brake Overstock on EBay. They look great and the car stops so much smoother and quieter. Who says you cant maintain an XLR for a reasonable price.

Pics of rotors please!
I need to do the same thing because my brakes are squeaky.
Looking to do it on the cheap like you did.

Yeah, why the dang squeak, anyway? Mr right rear has squeaked since I drove it home two months ago. The brake pads, calipers and rotors look fine all around. I'm about ready to wedge in a bar of soap!:banghead:

Yeah, why the dang squeak, anyway? Mr right rear has squeaked since I drove it home two months ago. The brake pads, calipers and rotors look fine all around. I'm about ready to wedge in a bar of soap!:banghead:

I'm the same ... its so embarrassing when I am driving around with my top down and just cruising through town - brakes squealing at every stoplight. I am only embarrassed when the top is down (because otherwise, I don't hear 'em squealing, when the top and windows are up). :laugh:
I want to find a solution that stops the squealing. Brakes seem to be fine. Any other suggestions?

Great price!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back