Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Member from IL with 07 Xenon Blue XLR-V

Nixon's XLR-V

My XLR/V(s)
2007 Xenon Blue XLR-V
Just wanted to say hello. Located in central IL. I have an 2007 XLR-V Xenon Blue with black interior. Looking forward to learning more about the car. The car is currently at the paint shop getting a fresh reprint due to factory defects in the paint and the hood cracking under the gel coat. I will be visiting the shop today and grab some pictures.

Anthony

Day I picked it up at the dealer
IMAG0029.jpg

At its new home
IMAG0044.jpg

Nice. VERY nice. Welcome to the forum! George

I'm so jealous!

I'm so jealous! That is exactly the color, make and model I've always wanted. While I was shopping for mine none forsale were anywhere to be found worldwide. If you ever decide to sell (even 10-20 years from now) let me know.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy that beautiful car.

Welcome to the Site. Beautiful XLR I wish you nothing but great exciting adventures with it. Enjoy our Site we have a lot of information and our very own cadillac tech who is very knowledgable concerning all aspects of the XLR.:)

Speedway:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Love that color!

Welcome!

I wanted an XLR in Crimson Pearl since I first saw an XLR, so it had to be Crimson Pearl for me!

But I think that Xenon Blue is just an amazing color on an XLR! It gives it an entirely different look, sort of an "attitude" thing. They are just gorgeous in that color.

Hope you are well-pleased with the repaint!

Consider joining us on our April trip to Asheville and Charleston SC!

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4360

I'm so jealous! That is exactly the color, make and model I've always wanted. While I was shopping for mine none forsale were anywhere to be found worldwide. If you ever decide to sell (even 10-20 years from now) let me know.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy that beautiful car.

That is Ray's favorite too .... everytime he see's Toffolo1 he drools all over it ...
Mine is the Crimson Pearl too .... or the Jewel Red .... with the light interiors .... Well, any color of red .... and any interior .... ;)
But I love my low, sexy, black Lola .... she is the best.

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!! Welcome to the forum and enjoy the ride!! Hope you're planning on Bowling Green in July... check out the "National Homecoming" thread in Events. The more the merrier... we're up to 30 cars, right RA?? I would like to see at least double that!!

Welcome to the forum. Looks like your from our state. Hopefully you'll be able to join us on some of our drives.

Cubby & Supa

few pictures from the shop. Work has started and cant wait to get it completed and ready for the warm weather.

IMG_7590.jpg

IMG_7589.jpg

IMG_7591.jpg

IMG_7703.jpg

IMG_7702.jpg

IMG_7701.jpg

I'll bite,,,,,, What 'ya doing to it?? :jaw:

A full repaint with factory color.

Any ideas for going outside the box? I looked at a stripe but not sure I really like that.

Beautiful color.. I have an 04 basic. Glad to have another blue one in the group. Hope we will get to meet soon at one of our gatherings. What part of central Illinois? Welcome to the forum.

Congrats:beerchug:

A full repaint with factory color.

Any ideas for going outside the box? I looked at a stripe but not sure I really like that.

Ghost image of the V emblem would be very cool. Welcome to the forum!

Beautiful color.. I have an 04 basic. Glad to have another blue one in the group. Hope we will get to meet soon at one of our gatherings. What part of central Illinois? Welcome to the forum.

Located in Danville IL

Welcome Anthony.
A beautiful machine. Congratulations. I'm down the road in Mattoon. Give a call (or pm) sometime and I can fill you in on the Midwest XLR group activities. Nothing formal, just a good time.

Bob

[QUOTE..... at the paint shop getting a fresh reprint due to factory defects in the paint and the hood cracking under the gel coat. [/QUOTE]

You have an awesome car!!! The pictures didn't disclose a paint problem. Is there something we should be looking for on our own XLR's? Anything you can share would be appreciated.

Welcome to the group; you are going to love it!
Steve

What was happening was under the clear in a few spots was an oil rainbow appearance. Not sure what was going on but it was showing up on the trunk, rear bumper, and a rear quarter panel. Also the Orange peel was awful. The hood, doors, rear quarters had almost the worst orange peel they had seen. Cadillac sent a rep down and confirmed something happen in the paint process. Just got some fresh pictures, the car is looking great.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom