Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

One more sleep

Madmac

Seasoned Member
Found this site and signed up, looks to be a wealth of helpful information out there. Pick up my new (to me) 04 XLR tommorow. Not sure how much sleep I will get, feel like a kid waiting for Xmas.

:wave:NICE TO HAVE YOU ABOARD,NOW I'M NOT THE NEW GUY ANYMORE.IT IS A GOOD SITE SO MUNCH KNOWLEDGE OF XLR'S OUT THERE . IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM SOMEONE HAS BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

Welcome to the BEST XLR forum on the net. We have a lot of knowledgeable people here for any problems or questions you might have.

Be sure and check out the Events section, we have a big event planned in May in San Antonio, TX at the RIVerwalk!!!

Congrats on your ride. I just upgraded from an '04 XLR to an '06 XLR-V

What a great way to break in the new (to you) car :) .... come join us, there will be one or another caravan that you could meet up with!

We love our '04 ....
The first night we brought Lola home I spent half of the night in the garage just looking at her .... I still feel the same way ... but now I can sleep! :chuckle

Welcome .... stick around, and make some great new friends along with all that good advice! :wave:

Welcome aboard. Would be nice to meet you at one of our upcoming events. If you can't make San Antonio we have other midwest events planned this summer. Come join the fun with your new ride.:blinzel:

Found this site and signed up, looks to be a wealth of helpful information out there. Pick up my new (to me) 04 XLR tommorow. Not sure how much sleep I will get, feel like a kid waiting for Xmas.

Welcome to the XLR Net! :wave:

Welcome! Great site, invaluable information, wonderful & knowledgeable people - this site has it all.
Enjoy your new XLR.
Bruce

Welcome. Your going to love the car and this site. :wave:

Well the weather is great today for your first ride. enjoy

Welcome!!! Trust us... you WILL enjoy your vehicle. It's like none other on the roads - and it's a LOT OF FUN on curves!!!

Well.....................Ya think where friendly?
Come on down to San Antonio the week of Memorial Day and really have some fun.

O boy are you in for a real treat. Start with the DIC, then when you get those mastered move on to the nav system which will drive you wacky. Please do not expect the voice commands to work unless you are in a quit environment. Any noise will just void whatever your trying to say to the nav system.
Thank you, she is home and in the garage. What a ride home, sunny, plus 10 C or about 55F with the top down. About an hour and a half ride home, mostly at 60 -65 Mph, ya right. Smooth ride, lots of power. Now to spend a couple of days playing with the gagets, reading the manual,and of course a trip or two. Should have worn a hat, or put some lotion on the old chrome dome, just a little red. Small price to pay. When you turn your car on does it return the favour, YOU BET!!!!!!!!! Thank you for invites, no promises for this year, but we will keep them in mind. Now I can sleep.

BoBo, are you telling me you can talk to the Nav and it will listen? Wow looks like I do have a steep learning curve ahead of me. Just amazing, at least I will not be bored this Thanksgiving weekend.
I know the cars great with lots of toys but this weekend in Easter:laugh:

Yes, and it talks back to you. Your steering wheel has a button that you press and then say a command, not only for the nav but for the radio and many other features. Dive into those books that came with the car, your in for a shock.
:wave:
BoBo, are you telling me you can talk to the Nav and it will listen? Wow looks like I do have a steep learning curve ahead of me. Just amazing, at least I will not be bored this Thanksgiving weekend.

New voice software getting better

Bobo,

My '09 Ford Expedition has the Microsoft InSnyc software runing the voice commands for Music, phone, navigation Etc. is way better than what's in our XLR's. It's sad that none of this can be upgraded in our cars--I get email from Ford all the time advising of an update which I download on a memory stick and then load into the vehicle (USB port ib console) Pretty neat!!

Cub, You should get Little Woman after them. she'll get her done.
Bobo,

My '09 Ford Expedition has the Microsoft InSnyc software runing the voice commands for Music, phone, navigation Etc. is way better than what's in our XLR's. It's sad that none of this can be upgraded in our cars--I get email from Ford all the time advising of an update which I download on a memory stick and then load into the vehicle (USB port ib console) Pretty neat!!

Yes, and it talks back to you. Your steering wheel has a button that you press and then say a command, not only for the nav but for the radio and many other features. Dive into those books that came with the car, your in for a shock.
:wave:

This is just too cool:rocker:. I have an 04 and don't know if the onstar was upgraded and I don't have the onstar book could someone tell me what the commands are?:dunno:

You could send Cadillac Tech an email or private message on this site and he would certainly get back to you.

Or you can go to www.gmpartsdirect.com and look them up. I bought the rear stabilizer parts for my '04 XLR on this site and they are very competitive. I also live fairly close to Bruce (Cadillac Tech) so I have been having him get my parts for me.

See I knew there would be help on this site, it is Easter not Thanksgiving, I have a car that talks. It will be a busy weekend, while I'm waiting for the polish to dry I can start reading.
One other question, my hood lift supports are getting weak, and I would like to replace them. Are there after market ones or do I need to go to GM?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom