Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Options Not Available

ECurtis

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004, Xenon Blue XLR
Does anyone know why I might be getting the message "options not available" when I press the options button.

The car is running and the door is closed when I press the button, yet I can never get to the options.

Any help would be appreciated, otherwise it is off to the dealer $$$$.:dunno:

Does anyone know why I might be getting the message "options not available" when I press the options button.

The car is running and the door is closed when I press the button, yet I can never get to the options.

Any help would be appreciated, otherwise it is off to the dealer $$$$.:dunno:

Greetings ECurtis,

Sorry to hear about your vehicle concern, which definitely sounds like an odd situation. I'd like to assist in these matters, so could you please private message me your VIN so I can perform more in-depth research? I look forward to your contact.

Kind regards,

William R.
Cadillac Customer Care

Greetings ECurtis,

Sorry to hear about your vehicle concern, which definitely sounds like an odd situation. I'd like to assist in these matters, so could you please private message me your VIN so I can perform more in-depth research? I look forward to your contact.

Kind regards,

William R.
Cadillac Customer Care

Thank you William PM sent

Problem Solved but Still Have Questions

I took the car to the dealer and they found a technical bulletin that addressed the issue. That bulletin number is PIC4095B.

What happens is that I have a thrid key fob that I bought for the car just in case one got lost (My ex would lose all sorts of things including keys). Interestingly enough I wound up using it as my main key. I never noticed that it wasn't one of the original two keys ( it looks just like the original key). Anyway, the "Options" is available only through the key fob; and the "Options" feature is not programmable on the extra key fob. So whenever I got into the car using the extra key fob the "Options" were not available. However, the original key fobs allow the "Options" to work.

Bottom line is: The "Options" button only works if you have the original key fobs. If you have an extra (third) key fob and use it to access the vehicle the "Options" will not be available (will not work).

So I guess this means that if you lose a key fob and replace it that the "Options" will not work? The technician did not know.

I suspect that the one would have to re-program the car to see the new key fob as one of the origninals. This seems like it should be able to be done:dunno:

However, since I have three it is not an issue. Also this might explain why no one else has experienced this, maybe most people only have two key fobs.

Anyway, the OPTIONS are now available! :blinzel:

Yes you are correct you must have it programmed, as my #1 FOB went haywire a little while after buying Roxy! They ordered a new one and programmed it!
Work great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dan Gouker

I took the car to the dealer and they found a technical bulletin that addressed the issue. That bulletin number is PIC4095B.

What happens is that I have a thrid key fob that I bought for the car just in case one got lost (My ex would lose all sorts of things including keys). Interestingly enough I wound up using it as my main key. I never noticed that it wasn't one of the original two keys ( it looks just like the original key). Anyway, the "Options" is available only through the key fob; and the "Options" feature is not programmable on the extra key fob. So whenever I got into the car using the extra key fob the "Options" were not available. However, the original key fobs allow the "Options" to work.

Bottom line is: The "Options" button only works if you have the original key fobs. If you have an extra (third) key fob and use it to access the vehicle the "Options" will not be available (will not work).

So I guess this means that if you lose a key fob and replace it that the "Options" will not work? The technician did not know.

I suspect that the one would have to re-program the car to see the new key fob as one of the origninals. This seems like it should be able to be done:dunno:

However, since I have three it is not an issue. Also this might explain why no one else has experienced this, maybe most people only have two key fobs.

ECurtis,

Thanks for the update! I'm glad that everything was taken care of for you. Let me know if any further concerns arise and I'll see what can be done.

Best,

William R.
Cadillac Customer Care

maybe most people only have two key fobs.

Yes, I suspect that most people only have two key fobs.

Good information to know in case I ever have a need for a third one. Thanks for posting this info. Just a little more info to add to the knowledgebase.

ECurtis,

When I bought my XLR, the #1 Fob was lost and I picked one up off of eBay. Programing was not a problem, but it went to #3. I then upgraded my fobs to the newer, thinner '09 fobs - but the car only holds 4 fobs in the programming. My new fobs would not work with the memory settings (only works for fobs in #1 and #2 slots - probably wouldn't allow access to the OPTIONS either, but never tried). There is a way to REPROGRAM all of your fobs, to clear out any previous fobs and reprogram fobs into #1 and #2 slots. The procedure is in the owners manual - takes about a half hour (as it must go through the programming cycle 3 times, at 10 minute intervals). I successfully performed this on my car (did it some Sunday afternoon at a dealer's parking lot - just in case the programming didn't work).

Glad you figured out the issue - thanks for sharing your findings. :rocker:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back