Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Powdercoated brake calipers

Should look great with the red calipers!! (Everything looks good with red:lol:) I may do my CTS-V Coupe calipers in red as well--It's Thunder Gray!! My other thought is the yellow on the Thunder Gray.

My XLR-V has body color matched calipers--Infrared!!

I would love to take a spin have have them installed by CadillacTech, but it might be a bit much of a drive! Luckily, I've contact Bruce via PM and it sounds like I can get the calipers shipped to Canada! I'm thinking of going with Red calipers, to give my thunder gray XLR a shot of color!
:party

You can also go for the "Gold" package and leave you car in Indy with Cadillac Tech and he will do the entire coating and installation for you. I did this last summer and it was awesome! in fact his wife, Photo Girl, will ensure the brakes are working correctly by lightly exercising your XLR.... Unless she falls in love with your XLR and then it may be a bit more than "lightly." These folks have such a love for XLRs that nothing but good can come to you in using them to address your brakes or any other issue. They are the best XLR couple anywhere and I would trust them with mine without question. PM me if you want more details!

Steve

I did the 'Gold' package as well, but the hardest thing is getting your car back after it is done. :laugh::laugh:Photo Girl loved having to drive it to work, to make sure everything was A-OK!! It's probably a good thing she iis working from home now--the miles won't pile up as fast, of course Bruce may end up doing the 'testing' now. :chuckle:chuckle

But sschooley is right, this is the best option!! Done by a great couple!!

Photo Girl really wants to make sure the calipers are working properly.:lol: It's a tough job...but someone has to do it.:lol: The Gold package is a "no cost" option...but you may need tires when you get your XLR back.:laugh:

I would love to take a spin have have them installed by CadillacTech, but it might be a bit much of a drive! Luckily, I've contact Bruce via PM and it sounds like I can get the calipers shipped to Canada! I'm thinking of going with Red calipers, to give my thunder gray XLR a shot of color!
:party

Choosing which Red for the calipers may be the hard part. I'm sure you'll get some good suggestions.:wave:

exactly Bruce, now I just need to decide on the color! To that end, I'd like to hear from the members - which color of red do you think I should go with on my Thunder Grey XLR?

Crystal Red, Torch Red, Infrared or Crimson Pearl?

I'm going to upgrade the wheels/tires as soon as I find exactly what I want, but they will be 19" chrome.

Thoughts?

I have a crystal red tint coat & infrared on our Caddies. The crystal red is a brighter shade than the infrared, BUT the infrared is more "sparkley" with more metal flakes. Hopefully you can see that in my fuse box cover pic - done in infrared. I would go with the infrared if it were me.

My other thought is the yellow on the Thunder Gray.

Does anyone have yellow calipers on their XLR, or pictures of an XLR with yellow calipers?

Haven't seen any XLR's with yellow calipers, but it is an option on the CTS-V's. I currently have the standard silver, but I want to change the caliper color and possibly change the wheels--either aftermarket or chrome the OEM wheels or black chrome OEM wheels. Can't decide, but the car is in storage, so I'm not in a hurry yet.:lol::lol:

I actually thought sschooley's White XLR would have looked good with yellow calipers, but he opted for the crystal red.

...................................................................Does anyone have yellow calipers on their XLR, or pictures of an XLR with yellow calipers?

Amy and I have been trying to imagine Victor-V with yellow calipers. I'm not sure it would work with the stock silver wheels? :dunno: Most I've seen have had black wheels.

Mike

exactly Bruce, now I just need to decide on the color! To that end, I'd like to hear from the members - which color of red do you think I should go with on my Thunder Grey XLR?

Crystal Red, Torch Red, Infrared or Crimson Pearl?

I'm going to upgrade the wheels/tires as soon as I find exactly what I want, but they will be 19" chrome.

Thoughts?

What about Candy Apple Red? Seems like a lost color, in my younger days, that was the only color that was IN. We got more tickets because it was such a deep and bright color. Infrared is the closest to it now.

I would like to finalize the order with Cadillac Tech on Monday so this is last call :drink: for input on color. Cadillac Tech suggested that Torch or Bright Red would probably be close to Brembo Red and that Infrared or Crystal would look classy against the Thunder Gray. I find it hard to tell the difference between colors on photos posted here (might be my monitor) so I'm hoping for some first hand feedback :).

One other consideration, originally I thought I was sure to be going with Chrome wheels but the selection is more limited than I thought so I might be going gun metal, black or black/chrome.

Any feedback is much appreciated :beerchug:

I would like to finalize the order with Cadillac Tech on Monday so this is last call :drink: for input on color. Cadillac Tech suggested that Torch or Bright Red would probably be close to Brembo Red and that Infrared or Crystal would look classy against the Thunder Gray. I find it hard to tell the difference between colors on photos posted here (might be my monitor) so I'm hoping for some first hand feedback :).

One other consideration, originally I thought I was sure to be going with Chrome wheels but the selection is more limited than I thought so I might be going gun metal, black or black/chrome.

Any feedback is much appreciated :beerchug:

I'm partial to Infrared... think it would look quite sharp with Thunder Gray. Especially next to any of the wheels you mentioned, it would look SUPER SHARP!!

I have a powdercoater in my area who is willing to do the powdercoating for a very reasonable price. However, he says that because the bushings are rubber, the curing will ruin them and will need to have new ones pressed into the calipers after he is done. The rubber bushings are $50 apiece! Is he right or should i seek someone else. Also, what is the price for Cadillac tech's guy to do it? Thanks in advance.

Gamblingman - welcome to the forum! I would suggest just sending a PM to CadilliacTech, IMO his price is very reasonable and many members of the community are really happy with the calipers.

gold packge calipers

If one should drive to indy how long does it take to get the calipers, rotors and gold package completed since Ill becoming from Pittsburgh. Is it something that can done in a day trip-it takes me about six hours to get to Indy depending what part of town Bruce lives on.
And are the new calipes completely rebuilt?
And do I bring my own drilled and sotted rotors or does Bruce order them?

I plan on putting yellow with black letters on my Black Raven.

PM Bruce (Cadillac Tech) and I'm sure he will get back to you. He is north of Indy. He may want a couple days to complete everything, but he's good at it for sure!!

If one should drive to indy how long does it take to get the calipers, rotors and gold package completed since Ill becoming from Pittsburgh. Is it something that can done in a day trip-it takes me about six hours to get to Indy depending what part of town Bruce lives on.

At this time, I do not have a set calipers & brackets to exchange. I do not know if or when I will have a set. You can always have your set powdercoated, though it is not as convenient as exchanging.

At this time, I do not have a set calipers & brackets to exchange. I do not know if or when I will have a set. You can always have your set powdercoated, though it is not as convenient as exchanging.

Could they be just spray painted with a hi temp paint or would they maybe peel or crack the paint of course they would need to prep before painting either way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Ceramic coating is the same process as powder coating only different materials. Spray Paint will work they now have paints specific for calipers alittle more durable to heat. Powder coating is the most durable for this application. Ceramic coating might actually retain the heat of the calipers working. Using spray paint might come of if in contact with brake cleaners when servicing.

Ceramic coating is the same process as powder coating only different materials. Spray Paint will work they now have paints specific for calipers alittle more durable to heat. Powder coating is the most durable for this application. Ceramic coating might actually retain the heat of the calipers working. Using spray paint might come of if in contact with brake cleaners when servicing.

Good point about the brake cleaner I would like to just tidy my up for now until she needs brakes they look pretty bad just natural ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back