Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

She's home!! 2009 XLR-V (pics)

C

CADXLR-V

Well, finally she's home! Picked her up this afternoon. First impression was OH MY GOD!! The entire staff and customers at the dealership came out to look at the car while I was inspecting it. It's one beautiful machine. The pictures just don't do the car justice, but here a couple. Hopefully, I posted them correctly. If not, I'll try again later.

side.jpg

interior.jpg

She's just beautiful!!! :rocker:

Miles of smiles!!! :D:D

So much prettier than bright red!

You both have a very Happy New Year!!! :cool:

Floyd (BB)

Beeeee-u-teeee-ful! :blinzel:
My next car will definitely be red.
It would be nice to see you join up with the Florida group .... they do some fun stuff.
Maybe we will meet you in San Antonio? :cool:

Thanks for the comments... Just got back in from the garage after setting all my DIC presets. I have to say that so far I have been very impressed with the power. I'm used to driving a Corvette everyday so that's saying something. Of course, I have not wound her up yet because I need to break her in gently, but wow. I thought it would be more of a "lead sled", but not even. I'll have to see if I can find the Florida contingent of the XLR club.

The wife has the night shift in the ER so I'm staying in and reading the users manual. Happy New Year to everyone and be safe!

Reading the owners manual. Now that is a concept.:dunno: Enjoy your read. If I was buying a new one I would get the same color combo. Looks great:)

Reading the owners manual. Now that is a concept.:dunno: Enjoy your read. If I was buying a new one I would get the same color combo. Looks great:)

Yeah, real exciting read, but I like to be educated. :) I found out something interesting and possibly important already. I assumed that the emergency "key hole" was up by the license plate like my Corvette, but discovered it's behind a secret door on the bumper. I was a little disappointed to find out that there is not a owners DVD with the XLR-V like my Vette had. However, I can live without it. Thinking about starting another thread, subject: "interesting XLR-V facts" :willy_nilly:

Anybody got a link to a good license plate frame? Gotta get rid of the dealer one pronto... I found this one:
http://www.autoprideconcepts.com/Me...en=PROD&Product_Code=LPF-2008&Category_Code=A

Congrats, she is one beautiful ride!!!!! :rocker:

P.S. Check ebay, they have similiar plate holders at fair prices.

Just got back from putting a hundred miles on her. Cruised around on the turnpike and around town. Trying to get to the 500 mile mark so I can push it more and see what she will do.

I thought I got a lot of looks and comments when I'm out and around in my Vette, but this car is much more of a attention getter. Counting yesterday and today I have two different people pull up to me at stop lights and roll down their window and ask what kind of car it is. Still have not seen any other XLR's or XLR-V's on the road, but I'm sure there must be a couple around here somewhere.

Well, time to watch some football... Can't wait to see the championship game next week. GO GATORS!!

The looks, questions and comments never end. I spent half an hour putting the top up and down at a party for my mom's friends this fall.:dunno:

GOOD LUCK !

THE SUPERCHARGED WAS PUT ON BY THE DEALER .

IT LOOK BETTER WITH IT.

IT WAS REMOVED IN 2009 BY GM/CADILLAC
:)

GOOD LUCK !

THE SUPERCHARGED WAS PUT ON BY THE DEALER .

IT LOOK BETTER WITH IT.

IT WAS REMOVED IN 2009 BY GM/CADILLAC
:)

Yeah, I had the dealer order and install the badges. What's interesting is the window sticker listed the badges as being a option that came with the car. However, when the dealer sent me pictures of the car before it was shipped up to me I noticed they were missing. When I told the dealer about it he informed me that the badges were discontinued in 09, but he said he would buy and install them for me. I guess the factory is misprinting the window stickers. No clue why they stopped them for 09... I think they look sharp.

WHAT A BEAUTY! I wish you much enjoyment. I'll wave as I pass through central Florida on my way to Ft. Myers/ Naples in February.
George

She's a beaut. Have you named her yet? Have fun with the power just watch your speed.

Of course, I have not wound her up yet because I need to break her in gently, but wow. I thought it would be more of a "lead sled", but not even.

You may want to reconsider the 'baby it' routine!

Most experts ( http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm ) agree that a hard fast break-in is the way to go. I have followed MotoMan's procedure with several engines and have been pleased with the results!

To sum up MotoMan's break-in recommendations, which he says brings less combustion gas blow-by and better piston ring seat; translating into more HP, less oil consumption and longer engine life:

1. Only after engine is fully warmed up! ... during the first 20 miles run it hard (meaning over 4k rpm to put a load on the engine) using gears 2-4 with short bursts of hard acceleration and deceleration. After this, continue to vary the RPMs for at least 500 miles. He explains how this works on his site and says that breaking your engine in "easy" is the wrong way to go for proper ring seating and ultimate performance.

2. Change the original oil way sooner than the manual says, like after 20-50 miles with mineral oil.

3. Don't go to synthetic until at least 1,500 miles, or the second change at 3000. Synthetic is so slippery, it will arrest the break-in process. Then use Amsoil to protect it.

Lock it in 2nd or 3rd gear, accelerate at full throttle to high RPM, then while held in that gear close the throttle until the car slows to near idle. Repeat several times. Do this often during the first few thousand miles. You will then have a strong, efficient, long lasting engine!!

PS: With all that muscle, I think that the XLR-V is a he!! The XLR has a more feminine prettier interior, and gentler power!

Since this is a modern hand built engine that is factory filled with Mobil 1, most of that does not apply.
I would suggest changing the oil sooner the first time (1,000-1,500 miles). You won't hurt the engine running it hard after it has reached operating temp. It will probably like it.

Have fun!!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back