Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

...so I removed my trunk lid cover today...

AL_Jazz

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
'05 XLR Xenon Blue
I changed my tag light bulbs to blue bulbs today and upon removing the rear cover to access the bulb sockets, I find wires hot-glued under the cover. Anybody have any clue what these are for? They plug into modules located in the trunk lid.

trunk lid cover.jpg

Yep they are the FM antenna wires to the Radio BTW! I'm a pro at change the bulbs! Hopefully your laws don't have an issue with the blue LEDs on the license plate, they really looked really awesome but the police man that pulled me over didn't think so, he said blue is for fire emergency an made me change them out to the white LEDS! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440988153.222527.jpg
These are whiteImageUploadedByTapatalk1440988227.577101.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Yikes...I hope mine don't make the MAN too unhappy...cause I don't intend on changing them back until told to do so. The original bulbs were blown anyway, so blue is better than none...right? :cool:

I think so......lol especially with the silver!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441042789.839437.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441042595.590413.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1441042619.042701.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1441042647.101134.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1441042669.330558.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1441042694.914004.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1441042789.839437.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Are you crazy dude put it back together and get it up to your Caddy Dealership the electrical system and wiring diagrams are a flipping nightmare you can easily ruin your car that bulb change is 6-10th of a hour on GM All Data $100. Its well worth it youl f up the wiring and it will cost you thousands

The blue bulbs look cool sorry for the rant just as you saw when you pulled the backing thats the way the wires are run and if tampered with could cause real trauma for your baby

If that pic caused you anxiety, this pic should put you into a frothing fit or at the least cause you hives... :cool:

FullSizeRender (32).jpg

...realized I never posted a pic when I finished the install...

FullSizeRender (39).jpgFullSizeRender (40).jpg

omg,,,

attachment.php

Al,,,,I'm damn near afraid to ask...... WTH were you doing with the dash top off?

p z

Al,,,,I'm damn near afraid to ask...... WTH were you doing with the dash top off?

....replacing passenger side airbag and cover. My Blue Beastie was a labor of love. I rebuilt her after the PO allowed her to kiss some other vehicle in the ass and then gave her up for salvage. I've got a full rebuild thread on here...

Last edited:
...realized I never posted a pic when I finished the install...

View attachment 5712View attachment 5713

Looks Awesome
lol but like I mentioned a few days ago hope Mr Police is ok with the Blues on license!
They shot me down with a no way
WHITES ONLY here in Pennsylvania

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Looks Awesome
lol but like I mentioned a few days ago hope Mr Police is ok with the Blues on license!
They shot me down with a no way WHITES ONLY here in Pennsylvania

Yeah...it might happen to me too...but until it does, I am gonna enjoy them :D I'll call if I need bail money!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom