Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Sports Center

You can always start a Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame thread......:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think this thread is unfair for those of us who live in small towns, aren't sports fans, or live in Cleveland!!!:lol: We can't contribute anything!:laugh:

Good news for Packer fans. Favre announced today that he will stay retired, he will not be playing for the Vikings.

Bears training camp started last week. The Bears got into town on Thursday. There must have been a fan appreciation day there on Sunday, let me tell you some of those Bears fans do not know how to drive. Man they mess up traffic in town.

For the Packer fans that were in WI with us I got even with Cubby for you all. He played in an event Friday that you were suppose to wear Bears garb to kick off the Bears being in town. Needless to say I was the only one at the event with my Peyton Manning jersey on. GO COLTS. :chuckle

Go Bears!!!;) They have been slacking off in the past to give everyone an opportunity to get there teams up and ready.:D:D:D:D

Fred;)

Go Bears!!!;) They have been slacking off in the past to give everyone an opportunity to get there teams up and ready.:D:D:D:D

Fred;)
Yep, they sure have been slacking off since 1985. :chuckle:chuckle

Green Bay Packers said they would consider picking up Vick. How does the Pack fans feel about that. I know we have some Packer fans on here.

Green Bay Packers said they would consider picking up Vick. How does the Pack fans feel about that. I know we have some Packer fans on here.

That's not even funny. :(
I don't think he would last long upnort...way too cold.

Bruce :wave:

That's not even funny. :(
I don't think he would last long upnort...way too cold.

Bruce :wave:
I'm going to get the article and post it for you Bruce. Have a fun season my friend. :(

Here you go Bruce.:D

Packers GM won't rule out interest in Vick

By CHRIS JENKINS, AP
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — The Packers aren't ruling out Michael Vick.

Asked whether Green Bay might be interested in the scandal-tainted quarterback, general manager Ted Thompson didn't rule it out Tuesday.
But that doesn't necessarily mean the Packers are in hot pursuit of Vick. Thompson is notoriously coy about the team's plans, so it wasn't immediately clear whether his comments indicated a sincere and significant level of interest.
``What is the answer that we give to questions like this? We're always looking to improve our team,'' Thompson said. ``We look at all options at all times. I wouldn't care to speculate in terms of the odds or the percentages (of signing Vick) or anything like that.''
But they've at least discussed Vick internally?
``We look at everything,'' Thompson said.
Thompson acknowledged that the Vick situation was unique, but said that didn't change the process the team uses to evaluate players.
``The routine that we go through is the same,'' Thompson said. ``It doesn't mean any more that we are likely to do it or less likely. It's a routine that we go through. It's automatic.''
Vick has been conditionally reinstated in the NFL after completing a 23-month federal sentence for running a dogfighting ring. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said Vick can sign with a team and begin playing by week six of the NFL season.
More than two dozen NFL teams have said they're not interested in signing the 29-year-old Vick. The others have declined comment or taken a stance like that of the Packers.
While it's hard to imagine the Packers inviting another major distraction to training camp after enduring the circus-like atmosphere of last summer's Brett Favre unretirement saga, the case could be made that Vick would be a valuable asset.
Green Bay has a highly regarded young starting quarterback in Aaron Rodgers, but has a pair of inexperienced second-year players, Matt Flynn and Brian Brohm, backing him up. Vick could bring experience to the position if there is an injury to Rodgers, who played through a significant shoulder injury to start all 16 games last season.
And while the Packers haven't used the so-called ``wildcat'' formation, Vick's running ability could add a scoring threat to their backfield.
Vick had one of his biggest career moments in Lambeau Field, leading the Atlanta Falcons to a 27-7 playoff upset of the Packers in a wild card game on Jan. 4, 2003.
The Associated Press

Here you go Bruce.:D

Packers GM won't rule out interest in Vick

By CHRIS JENKINS, AP
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — The Packers aren't ruling out Michael Vick.

Asked whether Green Bay might be interested in the scandal-tainted quarterback, general manager Ted Thompson didn't rule it out Tuesday.
But that doesn't necessarily mean the Packers are in hot pursuit of Vick. Thompson is notoriously coy about the team's plans, so it wasn't immediately clear whether his comments indicated a sincere and significant level of interest.
``What is the answer that we give to questions like this? We're always looking to improve our team,'' Thompson said. ``We look at all options at all times. I wouldn't care to speculate in terms of the odds or the percentages (of signing Vick) or anything like that.''
But they've at least discussed Vick internally?
``We look at everything,'' Thompson said.
Thompson acknowledged that the Vick situation was unique, but said that didn't change the process the team uses to evaluate players.
``The routine that we go through is the same,'' Thompson said. ``It doesn't mean any more that we are likely to do it or less likely. It's a routine that we go through. It's automatic.''
Vick has been conditionally reinstated in the NFL after completing a 23-month federal sentence for running a dogfighting ring. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said Vick can sign with a team and begin playing by week six of the NFL season.
More than two dozen NFL teams have said they're not interested in signing the 29-year-old Vick. The others have declined comment or taken a stance like that of the Packers.
While it's hard to imagine the Packers inviting another major distraction to training camp after enduring the circus-like atmosphere of last summer's Brett Favre unretirement saga, the case could be made that Vick would be a valuable asset.
Green Bay has a highly regarded young starting quarterback in Aaron Rodgers, but has a pair of inexperienced second-year players, Matt Flynn and Brian Brohm, backing him up. Vick could bring experience to the position if there is an injury to Rodgers, who played through a significant shoulder injury to start all 16 games last season.
And while the Packers haven't used the so-called ``wildcat'' formation, Vick's running ability could add a scoring threat to their backfield.
Vick had one of his biggest career moments in Lambeau Field, leading the Atlanta Falcons to a 27-7 playoff upset of the Packers in a wild card game on Jan. 4, 2003.
The Associated Press

I think I need a drink.:pukeface:

Tonight starts preseason football. Titans vs. Bills. I usually do not put too much thought into the preseason games. The teams usually won't use thier starters that much for risk of injury. This is usually when we get to see how back ups do.

Titans have scored already doing a trick play. The punter took off running with the ball tochdown forty yards. Not the regular punter. Rookie from Ohio state. Pre season is a chance for back ups to show what they can do.

Did anyone else watch the pre-season game last night? :blinzel:

This Saturday will be the first preseason game for the Bears. We will get to see if the new QB, Jay Cutler, can work with this team.
On Friday we will get to see how Indy is going to do with out Tony Dungy. Go Colts.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom