Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Start Up Question

ECurtis

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004, Xenon Blue XLR
What is normal for the XLR after it starts up and the revs have gone down? Do you get an instant feel of power or is there a lag?

I have detected no "lag" from idle and mine is supercharged. Is it a stumble? or just slow build of power? Does it follow the accellerator pedal progression? A little more description would help. At idle, gas engines develop power ie. torque as they spin up. How does it compare with other gasoling powered cars you have driven?

Rusty 06V

What is normal for the XLR after it starts up and the revs have gone down? Do you get an instant feel of power or is there a lag?

I have no "lag" from idle. When I step on the gas, it GOES!!!! BTW, mine is an '07 base.

The only lag that happens when I tromp the skinny pedal is my head hitting the headrest.

I never stomp on the little pedal. And until the oil and tranny have come up to operating temp, I don't WOT. Not good for drivetrain longevity, especially with Elwood's Snake Bit blower and high torque.

My '05 Base has a slight "hesitation" when I first start out in the mornings ... but once warmed up for a few minutes, then response is fine. I just attribute it to how many miles my car has (just passed 183K this month)... I know it won't run PERFECT, but with this many miles - I am quite impressed with how good she is running. :)bash: knock on wood) :chuckle I hope she runs as strong as my 2000 DTX with 218K miles, when she gets up there. :rocker:

The only lag that happens when I tromp the skinny pedal is my head hitting the headrest.

Yes phrede when you step on the gas the car puts you in your place. No lag there. I have a base 06

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, you "sea level" guys are killing me. Makes me recall how great the performance was when I had 'er down in Palm Desert (elevation at our place about +240 feet...). Even better in Indio, which is below sea level for much of it. When you get it up to 5,000+ feet, you lose almost 20%, on the base model. You "V" folk probably keep sea level performance up quite a way -- I don't know for sure.

Tim

Yes phrede when you step on the gas the car puts you in your place. No lag there. I have a base 06

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, as a follow-up the car is no longer having the lag. Perhaps it was some bad fuel (I would have said bad gas, but who hasn't had that :squint:). However, the car is performing well. Lot's of power and no lag. :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom