Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Stupid simple question but how much tire PSI on xlr v

Doug Doty

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
06 black/ black XLR-V
My placard is smeared and illegible, I can't believe the manual refuses to say, at least that I can find. Tired of searching, Thanks, Doug...

What tire pressure do you all find optimal on the 19" wheels

30 is OEM spec.

30 is OEM spec.

Thank you so much, was getting frustrated with looking all over for such a simple question. I was inside for a quick bite to eat and you answer came in just before I went back out to the shop to finish the front spring change......

My placard is smeared and illegible, I can't believe the manual refuses to say, at least that I can find. Tired of searching, Thanks, Doug...

What tire pressure do you all find optimal on the 19" wheels

Doug,

Since Cadillac can change OEM tires, all the cars I have owned have always referred to the Tire Manufacturer for proper tire inflation (which is whey they place the sticker on the inside door) - it never states it in the owners' manual. You should be able to get the proper p.s.i. from the tire manufacturer. :rocker:

Tires are Continentals and ride and drive wonderful. The only dislike and it is minor is that they can have detectable flat spots for the first mile or so maximum, after sitting for several days. I did set them at 30 psi as suggested above and also just tried them at 34 and I think the 34 psi gives the tires a solider feel without being to firm. The guys on the BMW forums run a lot of 19" setups with low profile tires and they are fairly emphatic about the higher pressures protecting the tires and wheels from road hazards. The TPMS monitors are supposed to work up to 42 PSI so I should have enough overhead for hot days. The tire sidewalls say
" 51 psi Max." I know this is a maximum and not necessarily for my car but it does seem to be the widest gap between sidewall max psi and placard recommended for the vehicle they are on. Just interesting info from my testing this evening and a couple of hours of reading online.

Tires will have the safe maximum PSI inflation for the tire, not for the car. Cadillac suggest 30 PSI all around for ride and handling. I have found that running the fronts at 32 and the rears at 34 help the handling, taking out some understeer, and improving response.
In any case I would not go under 30.
Bruce

For what it's worth, I run 32 psi in all 4 tires. Great handling, no understeer, just great overall driving...

I mis-spoke about my first impression of the increase to 34 psi on my car as I drove it a couple of hundred miles today on a short trip and I can't wait to get it back to 30 psi. and make it enjoyable again. It wanted to bang off of every pebble in the road, it was just too tight and stiff.i in all around driving, did not notice it last eve. on smooth roads. Case closed.

Pirelli's on a V

I am running Pirelli Pzero Rossos (not run-flats!) at 32 lbs front and 34 lbs rear. This seems to give the best handling/balance and does not affect ride/comfort when just cruising and no start-out flat spot issues. :cool:

I still have not reduced back down to 30 psi yet and mostly because I am seeing 6 psi increase when the tires warm up on these 75 degree days and I have not yet decided on a base pressure for cold based on driving after warm.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom