Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Taurus SHO

Little Woman

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Cubby's, RIII Attendee, Midwest Marauder Alcohol Czar
Okay. I am thinking of getting the new Taurus SHO. Below I have taken some excertps froman autoblog.
The new SHO may also restore respect to a name that has fallen too far. A 365-hp twin-turbo EcoBoost V6, all-wheel-drive.The twin-turbo, direct-inject engine that Ford promises will deliver V8 power with V6 fuel economy.the new SHO's advanced engine turns a relatively small 3.5 liters of displacement displacement and a lot of pressure into 365 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and 350 ft.-lb of torque at 3,500 rpm. That makes this version of Ford's 3.5L EcoBoost V6 the most powerful one available with 10 more horsepower than its other applications. Backing up the potent powerplant is a torque-sensing all-wheel-drive system mated to Ford's 6F55 six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission. The tranny is augmented by a manual mode that can be controlled either by the console shifter or paddle shifters, and will also rev match downshifts and hold gears even when the tach is bouncing off the engine's redline.

I am going to get all the bells and whistles and I'm going to get the color cinnamon exterior. The interior will be black leather with tan suede inserts.

So are there any thoughts. :patriot:

Sounds great but what does it look like? And do you know all that info or did you copy if from their site! SUPA Impressive!!:laugh:
Okay. I am thinking of getting the new Taurus SHO. Below I have taken some excertps froman autoblog.
The new SHO may also restore respect to a name that has fallen too far. A 365-hp twin-turbo EcoBoost V6, all-wheel-drive.The twin-turbo, direct-inject engine that Ford promises will deliver V8 power with V6 fuel economy.the new SHO's advanced engine turns a relatively small 3.5 liters of displacement displacement and a lot of pressure into 365 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and 350 ft.-lb of torque at 3,500 rpm. That makes this version of Ford's 3.5L EcoBoost V6 the most powerful one available with 10 more horsepower than its other applications. Backing up the potent powerplant is a torque-sensing all-wheel-drive system mated to Ford's 6F55 six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission. The tranny is augmented by a manual mode that can be controlled either by the console shifter or paddle shifters, and will also rev match downshifts and hold gears even when the tach is bouncing off the engine's redline.

I am going to get all the bells and whistles and I'm going to get the color cinnamon exterior. The interior will be black leather with tan suede inserts.

So are there any thoughts. :patriot:

Sounds great but what does it look like? And do you know all that info or did you copy if from their site! SUPA Impressive!!:laugh:
I researched it after we seen one in Wis. They had a SHO on display. Let me know if you need a picture of the interior or a different picture of it. I don't want this color.

Very Sharp! And gald you knew how to transfer that pic! :lol:
I researched it after we seen one in Wis. They had a SHO on display. Let me know if you need a picture of the interior or a different picture of it. I don't want this color.

Very Sharp! And gald you knew how to transfer that pic! :lol:
I just copied and pasted I'm not that talented. :chuckle The only thing I don't like is the side vents. They are putting that on every thing. :( Waiting for my dealer to get one in so I can drive one to see how much get up and go it has. If I like then I will order what I want. :patriot:

It's a great looking car with plenty of horsepower to keep Supa happy. The one @ Road America was very sharp. I hope you get one.

Bruce :D

Only way to go! :blinzel: Mine should be here next week. Excited! :) But now that everyone (Men) are dogging on me that I did not get a V8, I wish I had! But the expense just for that was almost 8,000 to 10,000 more. Just could not see it, so did not do it. But I will supe her up! Let me know what you do!!:cool:

I just copied and pasted I'm not that talented. :chuckle The only thing I don't like is the side vents. They are putting that on every thing. :( Waiting for my dealer to get one in so I can drive one to see how much get up and go it has. If I like then I will order what I want. :patriot:

It's a great looking car with plenty of horsepower to keep Supa happy. The one @ Road America was very sharp. I hope you get one.

Bruce :D
Have you done any research on the engine? What is your thoughts on it?
:D

Only way to go! :blinzel: Mine should be here next week. Excited! :) But now that everyone (Men) are dogging on me that I did not get a V8, I wish I had! But the expense just for that was almost 8,000 to 10,000 more. Just could not see it, so did not do it. But I will supe her up! Let me know what you do!!:cool:
I have to always check the horse power because of Cubby. He loves the speed and get up and go and so do I. With our travels back and forth to work we like to ride in comfort. We also need something that is safe in the winter and definetly with some horse power. We have to blow pass alot of semis. :chuckle I will let you know what I decide but I am really leaning toward that car. I remember when I was a kid seeing that car I always wanted one. Now that they have started making it again I'm thinking about it. The plant that these cars are made is where my dad worked and my brother in law works there now. I probably have some sentimental reasons why I want one. :patriot:

Looks great you should get the car that turns you on that way you will enjoy it have fun with it and sleep well at night. :D

Fred:patriot:

I will have to do some research on the subject. It sounds like a good package.

Bruce
Thanks Bruce. I am interested to get your opinion on what your feelings are on the motor and horse power. Everything I have read is saying it will have the power of a V8.:dunno:

I agree .... I think you should buy what you will love. There's not a day that goes by that I am not thrilled that I bought Lola. :love: I don't even mind going to the dentist ..... :D

Wow! Now that is love after all you have been through! :love:
I agree .... I think you should buy what you will love. There's not a day that goes by that I am not thrilled that I bought Lola. :love: I don't even mind going to the dentist ..... :D

That is great to hear! Your meds must really be working.:lol:

Supa, you should buy what you want and the one that can transport the most cold beer.:laugh:

I saw an add on TV last night for the SHO. I think they had it blowing by an Audi.
I haven't seen a commercial yet for it. The first time I seen one was in Wis with you guys. Can't wait to test drive one. :D

An Audi TT? probably not. Supa is still waiting to test drive one when it comes in--maybe next week. She thinks she will be able to keep up with me and Scarlett-V:lol::lol:

I saw an add on TV last night for the SHO. I think they had it blowing by an Audi.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom