Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Taurus SHO

This week we had three tornados outside of Lake George (in the mountains) and earthquakes out on the plains east of Colorado Springs plus lots of hail storms, some the size of base balls. Lucky there was none of the above in my neighborhood.

Ahhhh, but no humidity! :chuckle

First year autos ....We've had two ... the Sedan DeVille (electrical nightmare) , and of course, Lola. Surprise .... my two favorite cars. Would we buy a debut Camaro? In a minute. :rocker:
Glass houses ......;) :D

I finally got to take the SHO for a test drive today. I like it. She has the get up and go. Nice on the inside. It feels like a cock pit in the interior. I think Cubby and I will be going to the dealer soon to order one. :D

That's great news! It's good to hear that you enjoyed the test drive. How long will you have to wait for your new baby?

Thanks for buying American:patriot:

That's great news! It's good to hear that you enjoyed the test drive. How long will you have to wait for your new baby?

Thanks for buying American:patriot:
First, I have to take my wonderful husband to the dealer to do paperwork in order to just order her. The dealer told me that none of the dealers are getting any of the SHO. They have to have a customer order to get them. He told me that even the regular Taurus they only get one. He said once I come in and give them a deposit and Kevin's signature and driver's license they can order it. He said it would be about 8 weeks. Now I talked to my brother in law who works there and he said they are extremely backed up on those cars. My brother in law said don't look at getting it till the first of the year. So to be honest I don't know. Probably going more off of what my bl said. I wish he could take pictures of her being built as it is going down the line. I think that would be neat.
I will always buy American.:patriot:

It would be great to have pictures of the assembly.:rocker:

It's good to hear that they are behind on orders. That's much better then having nothing to do. Keep us posted.

It would be great to have pictures of the assembly.:rocker:

It's good to hear that they are behind on orders. That's much better then having nothing to do. Keep us posted.
I will. I figure if I order it and it does take till the first of the year that will give me plenty of time to find my Lincoln a good home. I know that I would get what I want for her selling her privately rather than trading her in. Usually the dealer that we deal with never has our cars that long. The guy that is trying to sell Kevin and I the SHO told me now you get rid of your SHO in 5 or 6 years make sure you call me I'll take her. So, I already have the SHO gone when I get rid of it. The salesman has dealt with Kevin and I alot he knows Kevin gets all the bells and whistles and he takes good care of them.

congrats I know you will love it. What color did you decide on?:willy_nilly:

Fred:patriot:

I thought you were going to keep the Lincoln and Cuby was getting rid of his Bike.:laugh::laugh:
Your guys at the end of your post say it all. Cubby 1 Supa 0. :laugh::laugh:
BTW Marc I watched Jerry today. Cubby is even talking about having me get a second job to help pay for it. :laugh::laugh:

Great article Bruce. Thanks. It is exactly how they describe it. The first time Cubby and I went to look at the car it was in the garage at the dealer. I really didn't notice the lines on the car until yesterday when they had it outside in the sun light. Let me tell you beautiful. I hope it doesn't take much talking to get Cubby to get one for me. I told him he truly needs to drive it. :patriot::D

It has plenty of room for Phil D. Cooler:lol:

Best of all, it's an American car from an American owned car company.:patriot:

The trunk has soooo much room in it that I can fit the entire Phil family in there. :D

Its a great looking car and I hope Cubby supports your choice. But best of all as Bruce has said its American I love it.;):rocker:

Fred:patriot:

Marion:shedevil,
Since, your bro-in-law works in the factory maybe he or some other person could follow your car around and take some shots. I can't imagine it taking much more than 10+- minutes from frame to rolling out.

Floyd (BB)

I know their safety team can be sticlers on different things--he may not be able to do it. I know last week he was sitting on a forklift--not operating it--and he called me at work on his cell phone when they came by. He got repremanded, but not written up. The way things are today, I wouldn't want him to jeopordize his job even though he has 15+ years in and is a supervisor.

Since, your bro-in-law works in the factory maybe he or some other person could follow your car around and take some shots. I can't imagine it taking much more than 10+- minutes from frame to rolling out.

Floyd (BB)

Floyd (BB)
I have already got that plan in progress. Even though my dad has been gone for eight years now he still has a following at the plant. I'm starting to do some checking to see if I can make that happen. Wish me luck. I think that would be so neat to have pictures of her being made. I'm hoping to have Cubby go do the paper work tonight or this weekend. Fingers crossed. :D

I have already got that plan in progress. Even though my dad has been gone for eight years now he still has a following at the plant. I'm starting to do some checking to see if I can make that happen. Wish me luck. I think that would be so neat to have pictures of her being made. I'm hoping to have Cubby go do the paper work tonight or this weekend. Fingers crossed. :D

It sounds like it is time to celebrate:beerchug:

Any word from MissyBling?

Yes here is the word! :wave:It all came down very quickly and I got her last nite. Had to do it then because the guys I worked with were out today and we are gone this weekend to our son's Ironman in KY. She is Smokin Hottttt!!!! :rocker:I did good in my ordering of her! The color is really awesome and the interior is beautiful. :)I will get some pics at home tonight and put them on here tomorrow hopefully before we head out again. Last nite I got home about 9ish and was beat and it was to dark to really get good pic's. So I will get those on here soon so you can all see how beautiful she is. I'm so excited!!!! :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

It sounds like it is time to celebrate:beerchug:

Any word from MissyBling?

Congratulations!
I know it is a hottie .... because that color is awesome.

Have fun .... watch your speed!

Lucky you!

P.S. Saw a white one last night with smoked windows .... again .... OMG.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom