Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

I just finished choking down a fat Rib-Eye and now you've gone and made me hungry again!

RA, you better start warming up for our April cruise, I picked up a second roll-on wine bag for you and Ray, nothing like a wine smuggling conspiracy to bond friends together.

Haha ... a roll-on wine bag???? I love just the thought of that! Those pesky bottles are very heavy .... ;)

We have a Pinnacle Pete here in Santee - but I wouldn't recommend it ... the meat is always tough as nails .... everything is served on oil cloth red & white wooden tables and the beans are yeck. Just to let you know that it obviously is not like the ones you have been to. They do a fun thing there where if you wear a tie (but who does now-days anyway?) they would ring a cow bell, bring over an exaggerated pair of sissors and cut it off ... and hang it on the wall --- so all of the walls and ceiling is covered with old ties ... it was fun 30 years ago ... when Santee was considered 'in the sticks' ...

I wouldn't even know where to send someone for cuisine here ... we just like to go where we're by the water ... you get so mesmerized by the sea that everything tastes good .. :lol:

Early Christmas Gift

Last Saturday Santa Claus, :santa454:(aka Kathy & Bruce) while I was at the hairdressers, surprised me with a 42 in. flat screen TV....I was delighted to say the least....Bruce & I watched Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood on Thanksgiving day and my TV was dark, I thought it was supposed to be like that, Bruce said no, not that dark, so the next thing I know I have a new TV for Christmas...I love it, and will enjoy it for a long time, this is only one of the nice things they do for me, it doesn't stop there...they are great kids.....I don't know what I would do with out them... Just wanted to tell you and tell them Thanks again...you're the best..love ya....:angel

I know about a dozen people who are finding it hard to rise & shine this morning .... :laugh: .... Happy Birthday Quinny and CD's wifey.

We are up long enought to have a cup of tea (cough-cough) and then going back to bed .... it's too freaking early to be starting the day .... :(

You all drive safe and have a great day .... hey! Who's cooking breakfast???

Supa & I are hard at it this morning. Waiting for the gang to arrive....10AM; we let them sleep in this morning. Depending on schedules, we may go see the Frank Lloyd Wright prairie house in Kankakee (his first one) and then to the County Museum for the Gallery of Trees!! Hope everyone has a great day!!!

p.s. Get Well, RA!!

I know about a dozen people who are finding it hard to rise & shine this morning .... :laugh: .... Happy Birthday Quinny and CD's wifey.

We are up long enought to have a cup of tea (cough-cough) and then going back to bed .... it's too freaking early to be starting the day .... :(

You all drive safe and have a great day .... hey! Who's cooking breakfast???

Really nice of you guys to open your home to everyone .... Got Vodka for that o.j.??? 'Cannot believe you are out in the snow .... if your weather looks like what we are seeing on TV - brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ....... and it looks like there's a lot of cars slip-slidin' around .... :ugh: Well, you know the media .... they thrive on showing drama.

Thanks for the good wishes ..... We are going to miss our son in law's birthday party tonight and I am bummmmmmmmmmed out.

Really nice of you guys to open your home to everyone .... Got Vodka for that o.j.??? 'Cannot believe you are out in the snow .... if your weather looks like what we are seeing on TV - brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ....... and it looks like there's a lot of cars slip-slidin' around .... :ugh: Well, you know the media .... they thrive on showing drama.

Thanks for the good wishes ..... We are going to miss our son in law's birthday party tonight and I am bummmmmmmmmmed out.

We arrived home safely a little while ago from a great weekend @ Cubby & Supa's house. It was nice to get to spend time with wonderful friends. We enjoyed meeting Chicago Dave's wife Cindy, who was celebrating her birthday along with Quinn. A Big Thank You to Cubby & Supa for opening up their home to all of us and being great hosts. They even prepared breakfast for us this morning.:rocker: It was so nice, we had a real hard time leaving.

The roads were all clear and didn't hinder our travel on the way up or on the return trip home.

We arrived home safely a little while ago from a great weekend @ Cubby & Supa's house. It was nice to get to spend time with wonderful friends. We enjoyed meeting Chicago Dave's wife Cindy, who was celebrating her birthday along with Quinn. A Big Thank You to Cubby & Supa for opening up their home to all of us and being great hosts. They even prepared breakfast for us this morning.:rocker: It was so nice, we had a real hard time leaving.

The roads were all clear and didn't hinder our travel on the way up or on the return trip home.

Supa cooked???? How does she do that and hold her beer at the same time?? :laugh::laugh:She really is SUPA!

Apparently the news media thrives on creating interest showing 'News at 10' by showing snow falling, piles of snow everywhere and hazardous driving conditions .... :willy_nilly: They make it look like travel should be done by dog sled only.

I love the hospitality that the midwesterner's are so famous for .... the big houses, big driveways .... BIGGER HEARTS. :love:

So .... is it Chicago Cindy or has she been christened with a new forum name yet?

I am stuck in the house today and on top of it all I am watching the Raiders beat the c#ap out of my Chargers ... :pat:

Glad you are home safe and sound.

Thank you Cubby & Supa for your hospitality this past weekend! We had a great time!!

That's a neat "new" picture on your posts RA!!! Ahhhhh the memories,,,

That's a neat "new" picture on your posts RA!!! Ahhhhh the memories,,,

After talking to the MM's this weekend, I realized that this forum has grown so much over the past year and that there are so many new members are traveling together that I have yet to meet - it's hard to put names to pictures, but easy to put memories to everyone. It will be such a good time going back to KY where all of us can finally reunite and all of the newer members will be joining in too. Kathy will have to break out the wide-angle, tripod and timer! The only group picture that I have of Rendezvous 3 was the one the "pros" took from the crane and they still left out a few cars. Anyway ... I love this picture .... and I just noticed that I had a wine glass in my hand.... where did I get that? Or don't I ever put one down? :blinzel:

Pearl Harbor

Today is the anniversary of Pearl Harbor, also the 32nd anniversary of my own Pearl Harbor when a metal commercial rain gutter full of ice that weighed 350 pounds fell from a store building and landed on top of my head. We have already celebrated Thanksgiving Day but today I give thanks that I survived and am still able to enjoy a good life. I will admit it has been a long strugel and many operations.

I cook very well with beer in hand. :D

Just installed a new modem and upgraded my internet speed. Have an entire new homepage layout so will have to get used to it. Had my ultrasound on the aorta this afternoon. Busy day.

Just installed a new modem and upgraded my internet speed. Have an entire new homepage layout so will have to get used to it. Had my ultrasound on the aorta this afternoon. Busy day.
Good luck with everything hope your ultrasound comes back okay.

Good luck with everything hope your ultrasound comes back okay.

Thanks, I watched the screen while they did the ultrasound. The tech was comparing it to the ctscan from 2 years ago instead of last years. The anurisym is growing but at a pretty slow rate. My new vascular surgeon likes doing ultrasound rather then ctscan as the scan gives off way too much radiation and I agree with him 100 percent. Who wants to glow in the dark? NOT ME!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom