Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Weather Channel

Tennessee Snow

For all my friends up North that don't think us down South get any, I thought you'd enjoy seeing the photo below I took a couple of weeks ago. I had just purchased the skis and didn't have time to put them in the garage before we got hammered. Now they are saying we may get more tomorrow.

For a place that usually doesn't see snow every year, we've had our share this year. It's hard to believe I may get to use these soon, well maybe a little later.

XLR KEN

Ken, it does make me feel better to see you guys down south are suffering with the snow too.:lol: I hope you get to use the new toys real soon.

Ken! Good to hear from you! Those ski's ... that's too much! Do you and Ann still have your XLR?

We are having 'real' rain tonight - you know the kind where you don't want to go outside because it's cold and wet and just plain nasty. Even my dog looks up at me with big sad eyes every time he needs to go "out" ... poor thing.

This morning I hear on Regis & Kelly that New York is getting a NorEaster (?) did I spell that right? Anyone know what this is and why it's different than the blizzard conditions that the MidWest had?

Ken! Good to hear from you! Those ski's ... that's too much! Do you and Ann still have your XLR?

We are having 'real' rain tonight - you know the kind where you don't want to go outside because it's cold and wet and just plain nasty. Even my dog looks up at me with big sad eyes every time he needs to go "out" ... poor thing.

This morning I hear on Regis & Kelly that New York is getting a NorEaster (?) did I spell that right? Anyone know what this is and why it's different than the blizzard conditions that the MidWest had?

Ruth Ann, you know better than that. The wife would get rid of me before the XLR. We still have it safe and sound in the garage with the jet skis. Sad thing is I gave my famous, limited edition "XLR trailer hitch" to Cadillac Tech at Rendevous III so I won't be pulling the jet skis with it. :pat:

I did buy the wife a SRX last Saturday to pull the jet skis except they haven't released the tow package yet.........I hope they'll have one before it gets warm enough to go to the lake.

XLR KEN

RA,

I'll do my best to explain the Nor'easter, but I'm sure someone there will do a better job. Strong winds come across the East Coast in a counterclockwise manner producing northeast winds that also gather cold air mass from the arctic mass to the north. If this is just off the coast line it can produce huge snow totals as it moves across the warmer water of the Atlantic. There can also be coastal flooding and beach erosion. Similar to the Lake effect snows we get from Lake Michigan.

On another note: Our snow has stopped, but the winds continue--blowing and drifting snow now. We also were awakened this morning around 4:00AM CST by a 4.3 magnatude earthquake northwest of Chicago--near Dekalb, IL (home of Northern Illinois University.) I'll bet those Haitian refugees in Chicago thought they were back home.:lol::lol:

cubby, you are correct.
What a noreaster also does is that rotate counter clockwise up the east coast gathering hugh amounts of moisture from the Atlantic and sometimes stalls over the states dumping snowfalls as far inland as Western Pennsylvania and the Great lakes up into Maine

Saturday we had 20" , last night overnight we picked up an additional 6" and now with the noreaster we may get another 6"-8" today

Sorry to pass on more bad weather but were going to get hammered today and tomorrow. They say will have snow at 3000 elevation thats at my level doesnt happen that often. But unfortunately this is all headed your way I would think you will get it by Saturday. I feel for all you because you guys have really had and are having the terrible weather.

The good news is by Saturday are temps are going up to the 70's which is almost normal for this time of the year.

I listen to the Discovery Channel all the time on Global Warming and they have predicted these dramatic changes in the Winter as well as summer. I guess these scientist do know what there talking about after all. We need to pay more attention to our enviroment around the world.

Fred:wave:

Help, I thought Virginia was part of the South? I'm in the DC area, and after 27" we are now in the middle of a blizzard. Expecting another 11 - 18 inches. I just finished digging out, here we go again. You think chains will work on an XLR? :D

I'm sure a plow on front would cause codes from the Mass Air Sensor and a Service Vehicle Soon message.

Guess she'll enjoy the garage for a while.

Help, I thought Virginia was part of the South? I'm in the DC area, and after 27" we are now in the middle of a blizzard. Expecting another 11 - 18 inches. I just finished digging out, here we go again. You think chains will work on an XLR? :D

I'm sure a plow on front would cause codes from the Mass Air Sensor and a Service Vehicle Soon message.

Guess she'll enjoy the garage for a while.
We got hit yesterday. We are suppose to get more this weekend. So, hold on there might be more coming your way by the weekend. :D

Mar ... it's just more global warming... ;)
I happy to see others are seeing how this global warming is a problem. The Discovery Channel and Planet Earth have some very interesting programs on this how it effects the winters as well as summers. In the beginning I was aganist this CAP AND TRADE but I now see that it will be nessicary for us to begin this process and make the sacrafices for our granchildren. Good to see your on board RA. The nice thing about this is its Science has nothing at all to do with politics so it should get support from both Parties.:blinzel:

Fred:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Northern Virginia reporting, it finally stopped and the sun is out. Final total here is 38 inches. My XLR remains cozy inside the garage, not so for my friends 2001 Corvette pictured below, hope his car cover does its job.

a few winter pictures

Jan-Feb2010147.jpg

Jan-Feb2010175.jpg

Jan-Feb2010042.jpg

Jan-Feb2010193.jpg

Jan-Feb2010214.jpg

OMG ... the pictures are beautiful ... like print art ... the red birds against the snow ... perfect.

Nice pictures Bruce brought back a lot of memories of when I lived in the Midwest. The Cardinal picture is out of site Photo Girl or was it you that took that?:D

Fred:wave:

Photo Girl took those this past week. She went out early yesterday and got some @ sunrise. It appears we will get more snow this week along with cold temps. I hope spring gets here soon.:)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom