Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Weather Channel

Lola's Mom

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven
Yay ... Hurrah .... :party!!

Fall is finally here!

After a high of 90 degrees yesterday, I just woke up and it is only 59 outside right now! I am so excited .... It is cool and thought I could shut the windows and doors but I'm not going to because I LOVE THIS! :rocker:

It's probably as hard for some of you to understand as it is for me to understand snow, but it's NICE to be able to wear socks and sweats for a couple of months of the year - it will only get into the high 70's today. Sort of overcast right now .... makes me feel like singing!

See? We do have a change of season's ... just takes a little longer!

BTW, any of you that are planning trips, or living in AZ and NV right now - I know that it must be awesome there right now ... this is when those areas steal the spotlight across the nation. I love those warm days and COLD nights when you wake up and everything is sparkly. I bet the Snow Birds are already on their way. :)

We have a alaska storm headed our way whens gusting over 40 miles per hour possible rain snow in mountains and it will get down in the high 30's the next 2 days with a high in the 50's. I hate to tell you midwesterns this bad news but it will all come your way and I suppose this will be one you wont like very much. Will only have 2 days then back up to high 70's and low 80's.:)

Fred:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! I want it to stay HERE! :pat: It was cool and cloudy all day today - I loved it!

We have a alaska storm headed our way whens gusting over 40 miles per hour possible rain snow in mountains and it will get down in the high 30's the next 2 days with a high in the 50's. I hate to tell you midwesterns this bad news but it will all come your way and I suppose this will be one you wont like very much. Will only have 2 days then back up to high 70's and low 80's.:)

Fred:wave::wave::wave::wave:
Please don't tell us Midwesterns that. That is part of my problem with this cold the weather. We have had soooo much rain I can't take it anymore. :(

You have it all and we're on water rationing ... :willy_nilly: We can only water our lawns every other day, and many people are letting their yards die and replacing the green landscaping with rock and stuff that don't need watering because the water prices are getting ridiculous. Yes, even during the winter we have to water our yards. It is very depressing because as much as I like visiting AZ I don't want CA to start looking like it. :(

You are correct, your weather is headed our way.
The big storm will be tonight in the city we have freeze warnings. Last night on Mt Lemmon (located in Tucson) which is 11000 elevation had winds of 80 miles per hour which are headed your way. :(

Fred:wave:

The big storm will be tonight in the city we have freeze warnings. Last night on Mt Lemmon (located in Tucson) which is 11000 elevation had winds of 80 miles per hour which are headed your way. :(

The winds that are coming your way are the ones that start in California and sweep down through the mountains and are ones we call the Santa Ana Winds - or Devil Winds. If it is warm, they are the ones that drive the fires in California, always during this time of the year. Well, I guess because the moutains are so dry from lack of rain, if a fire got started the winds could do the same thing. The winds die down as they near the coastlines ... but sometimes I will go outside and the lighter weight patio stuff will be moved around. So far we haven't gotten the winds, but we are getting the colder nights. Humidity drops even lower so everyone complains about chapped lips! (I tell them to just wet them with more wine) ....
We did not shut the doors last night and when I got up it was 61 in the house. It felt wonderful - gooooooood sleeping weather.
You know, you all must think I'm nuts, but since your lifestyles are so different from mine, I love reading about what it's like. Because I think to a degree that we live our lives around the elements.
Have you guys had to "winterize" the XLR's yet?

The winds that are coming your way are the ones that start in California and sweep down through the mountains and are ones we call the Santa Ana Winds - or Devil Winds. If it is warm, they are the ones that drive the fires in California, always during this time of the year. Well, I guess because the moutains are so dry from lack of rain, if a fire got started the winds could do the same thing. The winds die down as they near the coastlines ... but sometimes I will go outside and the lighter weight patio stuff will be moved around. So far we haven't gotten the winds, but we are getting the colder nights. Humidity drops even lower so everyone complains about chapped lips! (I tell them to just wet them with more wine) ....
We did not shut the doors last night and when I got up it was 61 in the house. It felt wonderful - gooooooood sleeping weather.
You know, you all must think I'm nuts, but since your lifestyles are so different from mine, I love reading about what it's like. Because I think to a degree that we live our lives around the elements.
Cubby started last weekend. He still has to finish Scarlete V. He takes off her wheels gets her cleaned really good, and polishes her wheels. He did put her cover on but he will finish her up before it gets too cold or the snow starts.

Nop, this storm is caused from the Jet stream dropping from alaska and it is headed east. The winds your talkng about come here in the spring.

Nop, this storm is caused from the Jet stream dropping from alaska and it is headed east. The winds your talkng about come here in the spring.

Nope .. Here is a quote from the 'net:

"...i t might get interesting. The National Weather Service is expecting a moderate to strong offshore event. It should be called a Santa Ana, although many people won't think of it as such because it probably won't be warm.
But forecaster Steve Vanderburg said it could be the strongest Santa Ana of the season, depending on how everything plays out. And before the wind comes, there might even be some rain in it for us, although that's more of a longshot. The one thing we can count on is, it will be cooler.

This is when San Diego gets the winds, this is our fire season, and those winds drive them. October HERE always has these winds. A few years back we were evacuated from our home because of the fires, and 2 years ago we had one that got my cousin's house - and sometimes the wind comes it's colder and sometimes it's hot winds.

I don't know about the winds that blow through where you guys are - you're pretty far from us. Today the winds kicked up dust and sand, all the way from Modesto down to Yuma - I even heard that some of the driver's were describing the condition as looking like fog it was so thick.

Anyway, since nothing lasts for more than 2 days in a row here, at least we have been enjoying the cooler weather!

So, the car goes up on blocks, huh?
Yes she doesn't know what snow looks like. She usually doesn't get back out till around April. Unless we get an Indian summer which we haven't had in forever.

Yes she doesn't know what snow looks like. She usually doesn't get back out till around April. Unless we get an Indian summer which we haven't had in forever.

What exactly is an Indian Summer? Is that a late summer or an early one?

Nope .. Here is a quote from the 'net:

"...i t might get interesting. The National Weather Service is expecting a moderate to strong offshore event. It should be called a Santa Ana, although many people won't think of it as such because it probably won't be warm.
But forecaster Steve Vanderburg said it could be the strongest Santa Ana of the season, depending on how everything plays out. And before the wind comes, there might even be some rain in it for us, although that's more of a longshot. The one thing we can count on is, it will be cooler.

This is when San Diego gets the winds, this is our fire season, and those winds drive them. October HERE always has these winds. A few years back we were evacuated from our home because of the fires, and 2 years ago we had one that got my cousin's house - and sometimes the wind comes it's colder and sometimes it's hot winds.

I don't know about the winds that blow through where you guys are - you're pretty far from us. Today the winds kicked up dust and sand, all the way from Modesto down to Yuma - I even heard that some of the driver's were describing the condition as looking like fog it was so thick.

Anyway, since nothing lasts for more than 2 days in a row here, at least we have been enjoying the cooler weather!
The winds have gone and our on there way to the midwest. Its very cold here tonight. Ingrid and I will have to snuggle if the dog will let us.:lol:

Fred:naughty:

The generally accepted use of the term "Indian Summer" is when the weather is sunny and clear, and above 21°C (70°F), and all of the leaves of the trees have turned but before the first snow has fallen; a period normally associated with mid-October to late-November in the northern states of the U.S. Traditionally, Indian summer can only be a true Indian summer after the first killing frost of the season.

Speaking of weather, I hope First Robin (and out other Colorado members) are doing okay. Some areas of Colorado got 28" of snow yesterday!

Thanks Rich, I am not going out, the roads are once more covered with Black Ice with snow on top. Lots of wind, I am sure it is blowing your way. I love Indian Summers, we didn't have one this year. Lots of schools and business are closed again today. The good news is we should be getting back to normal tomorrow and the sun will come out and melt it all away. This will make all the skiers happy, Salida where I used to live got 24 inches yesterday.

All we have here lately is rain. I guess I would rather have it rain than the snow your getting FR.

All we have here lately is rain. I guess I would rather have it rain than the snow your getting FR.

Daylight finally, just went outside so Digby could have his smoke and my street only has a skift of snow. Most of the snow is north of me but I still plan to just stay inside today. Have one more load of summer clothes to take upstairs and then I will be finished with that job. Have a carload of clothes to take to Goodwill, this shrinking is causing a real problem with my wardrobe, am now buying 32 inseam instead of 34. Oh well, just a really good excuse to go shopping, have lots of empty hangers in my closet now.:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

The generally accepted use of the term "Indian Summer" is when the weather is sunny and clear, and above 21°C (70°F), and all of the leaves of the trees have turned but before the first snow has fallen; a period normally associated with mid-October to late-November in the northern states of the U.S. Traditionally, Indian summer can only be a true Indian summer after the first killing frost of the season.

Speaking of weather, I hope First Robin (and out other Colorado members) are doing okay. Some areas of Colorado got 28" of snow yesterday!

Ahhh, sort of like a "late" summer.
It must have gotten c-o-l-d here last night ... it was 61 IN the house - I turned on the heat for a few minutes.
You guys have no clue how much I LOVE THIS! I put on a fashionable (none are) pair of sweats and dug my Washington DC sweat shirt out of the closet, have on socks - ready to go outside. Like I said, nothing lasts more than a day or so and now the weather channel is saying "back to normal" by Halloween. That means it won't get any warmer than the low 70's today.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom