Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Weather Channel

Rain started late yesterday afternoon and has been raining non-stop. I am sick of rain. Ginger even got caught in the rain. :mad:

Oh boy, rain on a new car - that would put the Detail Guy right over the edge :willy_nilly:!

We could sure use some of that rain - too much for you, too little for us ... where's the happy medium??

I do believe it's colder here right now though than it is where you are - I looked it up, because it is so damn cold I have put on slippers! It got down to 49 and it's now 51 and I don't know why the hell I am up at this time - it's still dark outside .... I'm going back to bed, where it's warm ..... and when I wake up it will be outside too.

Happily we got the winds also coming up from the Gulf and the 'winter storm' Colorado and Arizona got is just rain for us. The high today, even with the rain will be high 60s possibly low 70s. Certainly not ready for winter here--I have to finish Scarlett-V and get her over to storage!!!

Will also have to clean up Ginger as she got caught in the rain last night. I have already turned on the heated floors in the house to get ready for any cold nights--Supa hates cold feet!!!:chuckle:chuckle

I'll make you a deal RA--you send some sunshine our way; we'll send the rain :laugh::laugh:

Sunshine this morning in Colorful Colorado, my thermometer is right on 30 degrees. Arizona is sounding pretty good right now. Talked to my friend in Goodyear last night, he is a mortgage banker, said you can pick up properties for thirty cents on the dollar in the greater Phoenix area. Sounds tempting. His $675,000.00 home is now worth about $250,000.00, how sad can that be? This is also hitting the government, just like Calif., sales tax is down, property tax is down, you have to be careful what type of property you buy as the HOA dues have not been paid so it is putting a great burden on the rest of the HOA owners. Maybe the best idea would be just to rent a place for three months or so.

Happily we got the winds also coming up from the Gulf and the 'winter storm' Colorado and Arizona got is just rain for us. The high today, even with the rain will be high 60s possibly low 70s. Certainly not ready for winter here--I have to finish Scarlett-V and get her over to storage!!!

Will also have to clean up Ginger as she got caught in the rain last night. I have already turned on the heated floors in the house to get ready for any cold nights--Supa hates cold feet!!!:chuckle:chuckle

I'll make you a deal RA--you send some sunshine our way; we'll send the rain :laugh::laugh:

That's a deal - wish I could make it happen. We are so dry here, we've had something now like 130 some days with no measurable rain. That is NOT good.
New watering restrictions go into place. Watering from 10PM to 4AM - 3 days a week and for only 7 min at a time. You can see that with no rain, and the restrictions because of it, some of the really lush vegetation is starting to get very dry. Homeowners are not happy to see their green lawns brown out for the winter - and the mountains brush gets way too dry. Makes for bad fires. Mother Nature, boy, she has it all figured out. Only this year I think she's messed up ... :pat:

That's a deal - wish I could make it happen. We are so dry here, we've had something now like 130 some days with no measurable rain. That is NOT good.
New watering restrictions go into place. Watering from 10PM to 4AM - 3 days a week and for only 7 min at a time. You can see that with no rain, and the restrictions because of it, some of the really lush vegetation is starting to get very dry. Homeowners are not happy to see their green lawns brown out for the winter - and the mountains brush gets way too dry. Makes for bad fires. Mother Nature, boy, she has it all figured out. Only this year I think she's messed up ... :pat:
Did she ever!:(

Whole lot of rain in IL.

Here are some pictures of the Kankakee River. Kathy took these on Saturday while we were visiting Supa and Cubby. They sure have had a lot of rain.

October20091385.jpg

October20091378.jpg

October20091388.jpg

The pics of the river boats are usually on that river. The one where the bridge with the semi boats normally go right under that bridge. The river is so high no way a boat is going to make it under there now. At least we haven't had rain the last two days. :D

I know where that is!!!!

I crossed the Kankakee when I was visiting LinSue. It was raining a little - didn't care .... I love it there. You guys live in a gem of an area ... I can't wait to come back.

Thanks for posting the pictures .... awww, brought back that love .... :love:

Sun is out today. :D Not real cold.

On the news this morning they said that October was the wettest October in along time. Out of 31 days 26 of them was rain. Soooo glad the rain is gone for awhile I hope.

We broke a record here yesterday it was in the nineties and today and tomorrow will be the same then get back to the 80's. :blinzel:

Fred:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Yeah, but that's a nice 90's.... I know because this is the time of year I love in the desert. Warm days and cold, clear nights. :rocker:

It's been so nice here it is scary.
I hear that an El Nino is predicted for us ...

I'd like to have a few of those rainy days that you guys had, Marion.

We had excellent weather here this weekend. Scarlet V came out and played and so did Ginger. :rocker: No rain either. :D

Picture perfect

It was a beautiful weekend,perfect weather. We took a drive back down to Madison,IN today, Jeanie and Zoey joined us. What a great day!

We had rain Monday late afternoon and yesterday. Today the sun is out and is not real cold. Love the sunshine. :D

Another great day. Sun is out. Love the sun. :D

Another great day. Sun is out. Love the sun. :D

Yep, another beautiful day today here as well. Last day of my vacation. I installed my new Windrestrictor last night... LOOKS GREAT! I'm hoping the day will warm up just enough to have the top down and see how well it works. I'll add some pictures to my gallery when I get a chance.

We have rain again. It has been raining off and on here since Monday. No sun. :(

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom