Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Weather Channel

Yep 11 being reported the high here on Tuesday gonna love spring this year!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Be safe everyone. There is another cold snap effecting most of us. So tuck your baby's in. So they don't get too cold

No Garage Queen here :chuckle

photo (4).jpg photo (3).jpg

Too bad I have workers here coming and going. Also to bad my cars dirty. Otherwise I would've been cruising today top down style. It's in the upper 60's to low 70's here. But then tomorrow will be cooler. Hopefully by this weekend I can have some topless driving. She needs a good bath. But with her sitting out and high pollen count. It'll just be a waste of hard earned money to get a good wash and wax on her.
ezezary2.jpg
last night when I was moving her and taking pics. That was the only time she had her top off.
2eqery4u.jpg

Last edited:
Round 2

It's -5 degrees; wind chill....who cares! IT'S COLD! BRRRR!!!

Just a bit chillier north of you! This was on my way to work this morning at about 5:30AM

photo-012814.JPG

It's -5 degrees; wind chill....who cares! IT'S COLD! BRRRR!!!

Today a high of 12d,yesterday it hit 50d,roads all white w/salt,she can't go out an play.:( AL

Now some REAL snow here - no measly 3" this time, we're talking 13"!!! :eek:

That'll probably close everything for a week ...

Now some REAL snow here - no measly 3" this time, we're talking 13"!!! :eek:

That'll probably close everything for a week ...

Well I am feeling sorry for everyone 'up north' it was sunny and gorgeous, 79F here today, out for a Harley ride. When we got back from riding I had to spend at least 15 minutes sweeping the sunshine off the patio! :cool:

If it is any consolation to you, I unfortunately do not have my XLR down here.
:(

You should've brought it down. Oh well at least u have a motorcycle.

If it is any consolation to you, I unfortunately do not have my XLR down here. :(

:p Yes, it makes me feel 100% better that I have my XLR here with me, so I can go out in the garage & look at it. :p I might even open the door & sit in it - inbetween trying to convince the dogs "yes, you CAN go outside in that stuff."

Actually folks farther up north have it way worse & I'm spoiled - but I still want to complain!

It snowed about an inch up on our mountain this afternoon. Just enough to look nice.

Interestingly enough, the further EAST you go, the more snow was expected. It is usually the opposite and the further WEST (towards the mountains) you go, the more snowfall is received.

We got lucky up here in PA it's still cold but woke up to a dusting from the same coastal storm but we just got clipped from it, so Roxy home tuck away in the warm garage today! Warm up now on its way if you call 40's warm??? Lol

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Yah but here in Chicago we have at least another month ta two of this:willy_nilly:It's not even February :willy_nilly:

Snow on the mountain

Man you own your own mountain too.

Well, we don't own the whole mountain.

Here's a photo from the last time it snowed here. This is the road heading up.

Snow is a rarity here. We usually get just a little about every other year. Maybe a good 4 to 6 inches about every 5 years.

My office and shop are located in the lower level of my house, so bad weather just means "office day" for me.

Attachments

• DSC00434.jpg
    DSC00434.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 245
Mike & I spent 2 1/2 ours together shoveling snow today. :pat: That's probably more than I've done in my whole life, as growing up we had a fun snow blower and a blade attachment for the lawn mower that eliminated the need for shoveling.

Also got to watch two young guys out playing in their pick up truck spin out in our cul-de-sac. As I walked away hoping not to get run over, one of them rolled down the window & said, "It's only a two wheel drive, ma'am." I gave the only response possible - "Then why are you out here???!" :dunno: Idiots . . . :bash: Haven't even managed to get the interstates cleared this time around, much less my neighborhood.

I'm glad you all got the snow blast this time while we did have a dusting this morning too from this same storm!
Awe and you probably going to feel the effects of all that shoveling tomorrow Ha Ha!! Enjoy the beautiful look of white while it last, that's one thing I have always enjoyed after a good snow and it seems to filter out the air and feel so crisp clean after a Big Snow!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I'm glad you all got the snow blast this time while we did have a dusting this morning too from this same storm!
Awe and you probably going to feel the effects of all that shoveling tomorrow Ha Ha!! Enjoy the beautiful look of white while it last, that's one thing I have always enjoyed after a good snow and it seems to filter out the air and feel so crisp clean after a Big Snow!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

You are right, I felt that shoveling & I sure slept well & deep last night!

And from all this Mike just informed me "I" am the proud new owner of a snow blower that he just ordered, although he wouldn't spring the extra bucks for heated handles (which I didn't even know existed). Not sure I really want to be tagged as the owner of that...

We had that real neat post-snow semi cloudy sky yesterday that I can't even begin to describe, then it was bluer than blue today. Looks like a bright new world out there - but a cold one! The quiet went away, lots of beeping from snow plows etc.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom