Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Weather Channel

Very nice ride! My was giving to me about 35 years ago we pulled motor to have it rebuilt because it sat for years but back then they could not find the 6th piston, so sold that motor to a friend that had a 8' bed and now have a LS 1 & tranny setup for it when I'm ready! I'm going to change out the frame to update to new brakes and suspension, power steering....ect.
So many great choices today to choose from to build it the way you want it! I've had my eye on this this rebuild to look something similar!View attachment 6056

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

That'll look awesome. I like it especially because you don't see them at every car show you go to. Studey p/u's aren't real common! I'd sure have a chrome grille on it though - guess I'm too old school. ha ha
I've had my little p/u since about 1980. The restoration is about 25 years old but still holding up pretty well. No resto-rod though, everything on it is as Old Henry built it - but it is sure no pleasure to drive nowadays without p/s, p/b or A/C!!!

That'll look awesome. I like it especially because you don't see them at every car show you go to. Studey p/u's aren't real common! I'd sure have a chrome grille on it though - guess I'm too old school. ha ha
I've had my little p/u since about 1980. The restoration is about 25 years old but still holding up pretty well. No resto-rod though, everything on it is as Old Henry built it - but it is sure no pleasure to drive nowadays without p/s, p/b or A/C!!!

LOL....You bet cha! Back then that was the original equipment.......My Stude even had an aftermarket heat box on the passenger side because it came with no heater. Actually they were considered work trucks for many of years! And yes I'm thinking lots of chrome myself also!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

LOL....You bet cha! Back then that was the original equipment.......My Stude even had an aftermarket heat box on the passenger side because it came with no heater. Actually they were considered work trucks for many of years! And yes I'm thinking lots of chrome myself also!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Yes, in the 50's they were built/sold mostly as basic work vehicles. My truck is what is called a 5 Star Cab - the equivalent of today's F150 Platinum!! It had the following OPTIONS: radio, heater, sun visor on passenger side, door lock on passenger side and, naturally, a flat-head V8!! It is actually a pretty rare truck - not many 5 Star Cabs sold.

The weather has been..........interesting lately.

Saturday was sunny and 60 degrees.

Sunday morning at 0900 it was snowing.

By the time that the Carolina Panthers were playing the Seattle Seahawks, it was sunny and about 40 degrees.

Today was bright and sunny and maybe 38 degrees.

Variety!

I'll trade ya for our Fair 13 and Feels Like -1

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453171542.635969.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Probably like lots of other places here on the East Coast, it was warm and sunny today. I took the opportunity to wash Crimson Pearl. Hand wash, dry with the Master Blaster, wash and dry mats and vacuum.

Sure looks great when fresh washed!

The GreaT One has been going to all the car shows the last year, so it's about time that Crimson Pearl gets to go to the next one.

It's been a rainy week here in north Florida. Watching disturbance #9 in the gulf. [emoji1317] that all of the xlrs are safely stored and out of harms way.

It's been a rainy week here in north Florida. Watching disturbance #9 in the gulf. [emoji1317] that all of the xlrs are safely stored and out of harms way.

Hawkeye,
I hope you and your Mom are OK. It looks like you got the worst of Matthew. Did you have to evacuate? Thinking of you guys and hope you made out OK.
Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did your area and/or home have any storm damage?

Hawkeye,
I hope you and your Mom are OK. It looks like you got the worst of Matthew. Did you have to evacuate? Thinking of you guys and hope you made out OK.
Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah we evacuated to Texas. But the worst was in old town. Totally flooded and beach area

No but old town St Augustine and the beaches area has extensive damage. My mom nephew dog and myself evacuated. Really didn't have to but my mom was scarred. It could've been a whole lot worse. No one else in our neighborhood evacuated that I know of. Xlr has the company of plants and some outdoor furniture. But the car is safe. Turned the power off to the garage door and moved the door lock over so it can't be opened.

Beautiful day with a last shot at top down for a while. After leaving a store while I was out & about...

Look at jealousy,
Parked next to me! :chuckle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 357
Cold front rolling down on us right now! Yes that blue is snow... it was 67 degrees earlier.
6b6a684da2e6dd8b551771b2d0263776.png

Cold front came through!

I took the GreaT One to this show today. Weather was very nice, high of about 58.......until about 1:00 pm. Cold front came through like opening the refrigerator door. Clouds came over, breeze picked up and temperature dropped. In just a bit, clouds cleared, sun shined but temp. was lower. Supposed to drop to around freezing overnight!

BTW, LOTS of nice cars there, almost 400! No XLRs however.

Attachments

• Hendrick Shriners 2016.jpg
    Hendrick Shriners 2016.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 327
Sunny but cooler in Florida

Beautiful sunny day here in North Port Florida but it was cooler: needed a light jacket in the XLR as it only got up to the high 60's. Drove up to S Sarasota today on a errand then came back via Casey Key, along the ocean thru an area of beautiful (but very pricey) homes - or should I say mansions. All the smaller homes are being flattened and 4-5,000 sq ft monsters are replacing them.

I was being chauffered by my hubby Steve - as seen in the photo. Lately if I don't get to the garage first - he hops in the drivers seat. I hope he is not getting too attached to my baby - 'cause he can't have it. I am really enjoying having the XLR here in Florida this winter: we usually have a classic car here but a change is good!

Anyway, it is going to be cool for the next few days but the seasonal temps should be back in time for the weekend: Headed to Daytona for the Turkey Run!
:cool:

Attachments

• DSCN2830.jpg
    DSCN2830.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 287
Beautiful sunny day here in North Port Florida but it was cooler: needed a light jacket in the XLR as it only got up to the high 60's. Drove up to S Sarasota today on a errand then came back via Casey Key, along the ocean thru an area of beautiful (but very pricey) homes - or should I say mansions. All the smaller homes are being flattened and 4-5,000 sq ft monsters are replacing them.

I was being chauffered by my hubby Steve - as seen in the photo. Lately if I don't get to the garage first - he hops in the drivers seat. I hope he is not getting too attached to my baby - 'cause he can't have it. I am really enjoying having the XLR here in Florida this winter: we usually have a classic car here but a change is good!

Anyway, it is going to be cool for the next few days but the seasonal temps should be back in time for the weekend: Headed to Daytona for the Turkey Run!

Looks Awesome
We'd A taken them high 60's over 43 with gale force winds today felt like upper 20's

Last edited:

Have fun at the turkey run hopefully by Thursday the top will be down again for me. Right now the xlr is in the garage waiting for a simi warm day.

Hmmm... Not looking good for the XLR's getting out to play.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 270
Be careful out on the roads this weekend

Silly me, apparently the XLR could have gone out to play, based on this picture from my local paper.

Not sure what kind of idiot thought taking a Corvette out in the ice & snow would be a good idea ... I would have called a cab, Uber, friend whatever if that was my only transportation & I had to get out!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 301

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics