Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Two way radios @ group drives

sschooley

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Alpine White XLR
I have noticed that many in this group use a two way radio on our group drives. On occasion I have been kindly loaned one....so I could keep up with the rest of you.

Anyone out there that can suggest a favorite brand/model that would be helpful for such a use? A Santa in the family thinks I desperately need one to avoid getting lost and helplessly isolated. Geeze, go figure...

Steve

One of the pair that I have died this year, so I searched eBay and found 2 pair of the same Motorola units at about the same price I originally paid for the first pair. Needless to say I bought them, so I now have five. We will always have plenty to share with the group.:):)

As far as brand/model, they are all pretty much the same--they all taut several miles coverage, but I haven't seen any of them work very good past 3-4 miles or more.

I have noticed that many in this group use a two way radio on our group drives. On occasion I have been kindly loaned one....so I could keep up with the rest of you.

Anyone out there that can suggest a favorite brand/model that would be helpful for such a use? A Santa in the family thinks I desperately need one to avoid getting lost and helplessly isolated. Geeze, go figure...

Steve

Steve

Hey Steve - I originally bought a pair of Motorola T5320... Devin and I would have "static" issues when we were at the END of the pack (I know, doesn't happen too often) - but last year I bought a Cobra MicroTalk (can't find model #) - very good reception.
Good luck on getting that "special" gift. :rocker:

Schooley, I bought mine from ebay: Cobra MicroTALK, Model: PR170

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry