Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Va. Beach/Outer Banks XLR Trip May 3-9, 2015

Thanks for sharing your pics. Looks like everyone had a great time. Let's see a couple hrs ago you had the gathering at BG corvette museum this year you made it to Virginia and North Carolina. Hopefully next fall you can go more south to Georgia (savannah sea island) or even down here to north Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobW and the Dash Plaques

I almost forgot to mention that our own BobW provided, at his expense, these wonderful dash plaques to commemorate our Virginia Beach/Outer Banks trip.

Beautiful design and so appropriate!

BobW is a class guy and his wife Gayle is a lovely and classy lady! They are always such a pleasure to have along on any trip and at any gathering. For anyone that hasn't met Bob and Gayle, you should take the first opportunity to do so. That's Bob and Gayle on the left, sitting with our hosts for this trip, Mike (Victor-V) and Amy (XLRating).

Thanks so much to BobW for being so thoughtful!

Attachments

• XLR dash plaque 2015.jpg
    XLR dash plaque 2015.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 298
  • DSC01665.jpg
    DSC01665.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 281
I almost forgot to mention that our own BobW provided, at his expense, these wonderful dash plaques to commemorate our Virginia Beach/Outer Banks trip.

Beautiful design and so appropriate!

BobW is a class guy and his wife Gayle is a lovely and classy lady! They are always such a pleasure to have along on any trip and at any gathering. For anyone that hasn't met Bob and Gayle, you should take the first opportunity to do so. That's Bob and Gayle on the left, sitting with our hosts for this trip, Mike (Victor-V) and Amy (XLRating).

Thanks so much to BobW for being so thoughtful!

Hey thanks Ken for pointing that out! And Thank You Bob & Gayle for do that! We are very appreciative of you doing that and to all of what everyone else did to make this event happen!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I thought I'd better report in! We're probably the last ones to get home. Made it home late afternoon Monday. Good to be home, but, the trip was a blast!! Thanks Mike & Amy!! Getting home did have a little bit of drama. Remember that gas Station by our hotel in OBX? Just starting home, getting gas I almost had a BIG 4-wheel drive truck with big oversize muddies back into us there :willy_nilly:. I didn't know Rogene could scream that loud! Got to the hotel in WV and we had a fire alarm (sound familiar Ken?). Got to the hotel by St Louis, they had a down pour rain storm, and the power went out at the hotel, (hotels are dark!). And then the guy who wanted to switch lanes beside me (another loud scream!). But we're HOME!! The trip was sure a lot fun!! Again thanks Mike & Amy, and I forgot to thank Bob for the plaques!!! I owe you a lunch/dinner next trip!! Hope to see everyone later!!

Chad & Rogene

Glad you made it safely home. This yr in Florida, seams like every week or so there has been a major wreck with injuries
But again glad everyone is home safe

Last edited:
I thought I'd better report in! We're probably the last ones to get home. Made it home late afternoon Monday. Good to be home, but, the trip was a blast!! Thanks Mike & Amy!! Getting home did have a little bit of drama. Remember that gas Station by our hotel in OBX? Just starting home, getting gas I almost had a BIG 4-wheel drive truck with big oversize muddies back into us there :willy_nilly:. I didn't know Rogene could scream that loud! Got to the hotel in WV and we had a fire alarm (sound familiar Ken?). Got to the hotel by St Louis, they had a down pour rain storm, and the power went out at the hotel, (hotels are dark!). And then the guy who wanted to switch lanes beside me (another loud scream!). But we're HOME!! The trip was sure a lot fun!! Again thanks Mike & Amy, and I forgot to thank Bob for the plaques!!! I owe you a lunch/dinner next trip!! Hope to see everyone later!!

Chad & Rogene

Wow! Guess we need to send you guys an award for most near crash experiences! Throat drops for Rogene maybe?

Glad you all came on the trip AND that you made it home in one piece!

Pictures

Amy and I had a great time with all the folks who joined us for Surfing the Mid-Atlantic 2015!!!

Here are the pictures from the trip. Enjoy :wave:

bknmtns's Library | Photobucket

Great pics Mike!

Great pictures Mike! Enjoyed seeing you guys having a wonderful time. The XLRs look beautiful lined up together! :wave:

Amy and I had a great time with all the folks who joined us for Surfing the Mid-Atlantic 2015!!!

Looks gook Mike you may just be a camera man after all! ..........LOL

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

There are other pictures of us out there too! - Ronda at the dealership said she was sent several while we were on our way there, one with the comment along the lines of this must be a club because they'd never seen so many XLR's before! :thumbsup

Other pics and videos

It was amazing to see all the people taking pictures of the group as we passed them along our travels. We saw three or four people taking video of us as we drove. We may have to check out Facebook or YouTube to see if we are on there!:)

I thought I'd better report in! We're probably the last ones to get home. Made it home late afternoon Monday. Good to be home, but, the trip was a blast!! Thanks Mike & Amy!! Getting home did have a little bit of drama.

Chad & Rogene

We were glad to see that you arrived home safely! I had an incident somewhat like that one time and almost had a heart attack.

It was good to see you folks again and thanks for making the long trip!

Hope to see you again next year (wherever we go).

Anyone have suggestions for 2016?

Fantastic pictures, Mike!!

Thank you so much for being so diligent with taking the time and recording all of the fun and fellowship we all enjoyed with one another. We may not all recognize how difficult it is to always be thinking of what makes a good photo and pull ourselves away from visiting, to snap a few pictures.

We sure did miss Bruce and Kathy - but now can share our wonderful trip to them and others.

Goes to show that its more the Photographer, than the camera. ;)

Great job! Photos are amazing!

Dave

I think Mike is really aiming for the coveted title of "Photo Girl but a guy"!

He surprised me today with this that he had made - a book of photos of our trip, you guys, our cars, places we went. I really love it! Here's pics of the front cover, inside, & back cover:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 452
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 381
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 410
Heard "Lyin' Eyes" by the Eagles today - made me think of the OBX jam session w/Dave - so sorry I missed the ones in Va. Beach, glad I made that one as it was as terrific as you guys said it would be! :rocker:

Anyway, 2 months post trip we realize we have some GREAT memories, and as we come up on the July 4th holiday, hope everyone has a great one! :wave:

XLR'S really look sharp! Nice to see a dozen all lined up. This is the first time I've seen signs in a parking garage that reserved parking spots for any make of car. Great idea for large groups.

Thanks for posting the pictures. Looks like 8 out of 12 don't have front license plates. I'm required to have a front plate but I chose not to mount it. Unless you have a vanity plate I don't care to run a front plate and mess up the way the XLR looks.

Happy 4th of July

We would I like to wish all the XLR members a "HAPPY & SAFE 4TH OF JULY!" :party
coolelvis.png
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432582645.720041.jpg

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry