Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! What ever happend to XLR stuff

JT112673

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Silver XLR-V (SOLD FEB 2012)
I'm frustrated with all the random posts... Would one of the administrators let me know how I can limit my required viewing to actual XLR or XLR owner posts... I'm tired of reading crap about stuff that has nothing to do with the purpose of my membership. And I'm okay with the very few posts that are for those of the group who like to just keep up with each other, I just have NO interest in NASCAR until Cadillac has a car in NASCAR...

signed: close to bailing out...

I'm frustrated with all the random posts... Would one of the administrators let me know how I can limit my required viewing to actual XLR or XLR owner posts... I'm tired of reading crap about stuff that has nothing to do with the purpose of my membership. And I'm okay with the very few posts that are for those of the group who like to just keep up with each other, I just have NO interest in NASCAR until Cadillac has a car in NASCAR...

signed: close to bailing out...
Oh no .... don't go.....!
Have bourbon #5 and just make use of the "ignore" feature .... ;)

I know the frustration. I log on, click "New Posts" and then decide if I need to read them or not. There is a wealth of information here, don't let the drivel drive you away.
Bruce

JT,

Just stay within the Main Topic area and you won't see the useless posts and links. As b pappy stated, there is a lot of great information on this site. If you can't find something your looking for, ask in a post and we'll try and help. Cadillac Tech is a great source of knowledge and there are a few of us here who have the service manuals on the XLR's. There aren't many XLR sites out there and this one seems to be the best, in my opinion.

I for one like our SITE and see nothing wrong with posting on here. Rob, has made this SITE available for all interest. He has even broken down independent areas so you know where to look. if you do not like the post you certainly have every right to avoid it. Presently the Stats show we currently have 443 MEMBERS 2291 Threads and 24,809 Post. What may not interest one member certainly cannot be lumped into saying its not good for any MEMBER.

Lets use the Speedway HOT LINKS as an example if it were true that Members are not interested there would not be over 2000 views of the materials within it.

The information on this SITE pertaining to the XLR is enormous and would take months to read and digest. If a member desires to particapate and add POST's concerning the XLR great everyone would welcome it. I know of no member ever being on here that has not recieved help with a question or information on a problem ever.

In fact, I would challenge anyone to go on the internet and find material concerning the Cadillac XLR thats not already been posted on this SITE.

Speedway

JT, this forum used to be mainly about our XLR's, there is the New Wives Club where members post about things other than cars, then along came the daily chat and the weather. I have learned a lot about my XLR on here that I never learned from any dealership, having never been a shade tree mechanic I appreciate all the information I can get.

I enjoy keeping in touch with the friends I have made by attending the various functions. However I do agree with you that in the past year there has been a lot of crap posted that has nothing to do with Cadillac/XLR's. Some people probably read that junk but there have been very few replies to any of it. Too bad we don't have a delete button but as has been mentioned we do have an ignore button and it comes in real handy.

Don't give up, maybe soon all of the crap will cease.:dunno::dunno::dunno: I feel any post about vehicles should pertain to the XLR or at least limited to Cadillac's. That is just my humble opinion.

I do have a suggestion that might help, if the person that is starting so many new threads would start them where they should be, so the administrator doesn't have to move them, it would keep the site less cluttered of postings by one person.

JT, this forum used to be mainly about our XLR's, there is the New Wives Club where members post about things other than cars, then along came the daily chat and the weather. I have learned a lot about my XLR on here that I never learned from any dealership, having never been a shade tree mechanic I appreciate all the information I can get.

I enjoy keeping in touch with the friends I have made by attending the various functions. However I do agree with you that in the past year there has been a lot of crap posted that has nothing to do with Cadillac/XLR's. Some people probably read that junk but there have been very few replies to any of it. Too bad we don't have a delete button but as has been mentioned we do have an ignore button and it comes in real handy.

Don't give up, maybe soon all of the crap will cease.:dunno::dunno::dunno: I feel any post about vehicles should pertain to the XLR or at least limited to Cadillac's. That is just my humble opinion.

I do have a suggestion that might help, if the person that is starting so many new threads would start them where they should be, so the administrator doesn't have to move them, it would keep the site less cluttered of postings by one person.
I dont agree I have been trying to understand how we got on this thread "THANK YOU SANTA" in General Discussion. The Threat "GENERAL DISCUSSION IS SUPPOSE TO BE ABOUT THE CADILLAC XLR". Its clearly posted that way. If you have negative comments then it should apply to everyone not just trying "AGAIN" to single one indiviual out. :( You know we have Members who do not have XLR's everyone has always welcomed them so when you see OFF TOPIC POST it means what it implies OFF TOPIC.

We need to be more inclusive and promote posting by members for the betterment and enjoyment of the Site which will only result in more members when the word gets out throughout the Internet about how much fun it is on XLR NET. Look at the STATS we now have 443 MEMBERS I believe this is a wonderful accomplishment. THANKS ROB FOR ALL THE HARD WORK YOU HAVE PUT INTO THIS SITE.

Speedway:rocker:

I am sorry by bourbon got away from me last night... I've now learned to stay out of the main homepage and look for new posts in the specific forums that are of interest to me.

I appreciate the friendships that I've seen among many of the members and I'm sorry for being offensive in any way.

Please accept this as my public apology to SPEEDWAY and anyone else I may have offended with my comments.

I am sorry by bourbon got away from me last night... I've now learned to stay out of the main homepage and look for new posts in the specific forums that are of interest to me.

I appreciate the friendships that I've seen among many of the members and I'm sorry for being offensive in any way.

Please accept this as my public apology to SPEEDWAY and anyone else I may have offended with my comments.

No reason to apologize ....
Well, maybe if you really want to you can show up in Bowling Green and I'll buy you a bourban .... ;) :laugh:

No reason to apologize ....
Well, maybe if you really want to you can show up in Bowling Green and I'll buy you a bourban .... ;) :laugh:

I buy the second one...
beer-drinker.gif

Just for you I'll be starting a few new threads on my journies through Mod Hell.
dragster.gif

I think I've finally got all the parts together to start and I have to be finished by 9 Apr for the Spring drive. Should prove quite entertaining. Stay tuned.

You dont owe me an apology. If you research whats on this Site I am sure you will be pleased with what you find. If you have a problem and cant find the solution just make a new post with your problem someone on here will help they always have. We have cadillac Tech and he is extremely familar with the XLR. Enjoy the Site and have fun with your XLR.:rocker:

Speedway:wave::wave::wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back