Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Wheel well push pins

boydavid

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Black Base
Is there a way to remove the black pushpins that secure the plastic housing in the wheel wells without destroying the pushpins so I can reuse them?

Thanks.

Is there a way to remove the black pushpins that secure the plastic housing in the wheel wells without destroying the pushpins so I can reuse them?

Thanks.

You can pull them out sometimes without damaging them but there no guarantee that you will not have to replace some of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to Amazon, you can buy a bag of them fairly cheaply before you start your task. Invariably, you'll break at least one as they get quite brittle with age

thanks

Go to Amazon, you can buy a bag of them fairly cheaply before you start your task. Invariably, you'll break at least one as they get quite brittle with age

thanks. I wasn't sure I could pull them straight out until I found a video on youtube. It was easy and they were re-useable. Thanks.

thanks. I wasn't sure I could pull them straight out until I found a video on youtube. It was easy and they were re-useable. Thanks.

I bought some to keep on hand. I'm not sure if they are all the same size but I've had my trunk lid inside cover off a few times and they break after awhile and need replaced.... BTW if ever need to replace a or want to switch out bulbs on the trunk lid area you will need to remove the inner lid cover! Have a nice weekend!

I bought some to keep on hand. I'm not sure if they are all the same size but I've had my trunk lid inside cover off a few times and they break after awhile and need replaced.... BTW if ever need to replace a or want to switch out bulbs on the trunk lid area you will need to remove the inner lid cover! Have a nice weekend!

I replaced the third brake light bar couple of months ago. That also entails removing the trunk lid liner. Glad I had some extra pins on hand because I had several of the old ones break off

For future reference, the rear decklid liner push pin (retainer) P/Ns are : 11519949 They are used in other locations as well.

CC :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back