Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Winshield Rain Sensor

boilermaker

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2009 Black/Tan XLR: 2008 STS V8 AWD: 2008 SRX Premium AWD
Was getting into my XLR this morning and noticed that the "rain sensing box" was hanging down away from the interior surface of the windshield.

Appears the adhesive wasn't holding the box against the windshield.

ever happen to anyone else and if so how did you have it reattached?

is it as simple as taking it to a windshield repair shop to have new adhesive applied...or should i have a dealer do it.

It's a relatively simple job, I'd take it wherever the job can be completed cheapest, or better yet, why not fix it yourself?

If the sensor isn't damaged, (just de-bonded) cleaning the windshield and back of the coupler before applying adhesive should do the trick. You can probably do the whole job yourself by purchasing windshield grade adhesive (available at auto parts stores) and tape the sensor to the windshield while it cures.

If the unit is damaged, and you want to check it out, since it's hanging, you can de-mate the electrical connector, remove the plastic cover, and remove the moisture sensor coupler retaining clips. The coupler is the piece that adheres to the windshield.

CC :wave:

thanks CC.
i sort of thought would be the case where i could clean and reattach without going to dealer.
just wasn't sure of what type of adhesive to use on the rubber side of the unit

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back