Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR Brick @ NCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
I think it would be nice to have an XLR brick on display @ The National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY. This would be a group purchase. The bricks are 24"x24" ($2,600) or 12"x 12" ($650) with a design of our choosing. You can also get the 4"x8" bricks ($125) done with your info on it & have them put around the larger brick. Here are links with more information; http://www.corvettemuseum.com/brick/index.shtml
http://store.corvettemuseum.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=55
Let me know if you are interested.

XLR Recognition Brick Fund being set up

Bruce and I have spoken to Megan Meredith at the Corvette Museum this week and she is going to set up a fund for our brick, right there at the museum. Here are some good points about the fund:

* All donations to the brick are TAX DEDUCTIBLE - the NCM is a non-profit organization. So go ahead and up those pledges. ;)

* You can send money directly to Megan at the National Corvette Museum - directing your money toward the XLR Recognition brick. Please put Megan's name with your check in the memo line and put attention brick services on the envelope when mailing to the NCM.

* Any money donated toward the brick fund must stay with the NCM for a brick. If, by some chance, we cannot raise enought for a 24x24 brick, they can just select a brick that is appropriate with how much we have raised. But I don't think that will be a problem.

* Megan will have Bruce and myself as contact people regarding the brick, if anyone has any questions, feel free to post (Megan has been watching this thread) or feel free to PM Bruce or myself.

* If you so incline, Megan also says we can donate on-line and use a credit card (I will go through that process and update the thread when I have a good understanding of how it works). You can also call into the NCM and ask for Megan directly and she can take your credit card over the phone.

There are many means to donate and you can donate as often as you would like.

Megan did mention a couple of things, that she noticed on the thread:
- The wreath and crest will be difficult to "sandblast" onto the brick - it is very detailed, and small. It would be better to keep the "quality" of the design by keeping in mind, the limitations of the sandblasting technique. The Cadillac script and silhouette should be fine.
-copyright is not an issue. Since this is a donation, and none of us are receiving anything tangible/physical and only acknowledging the group with art, we are fine.

She mentioned that if people will be wanting to put smaller 4x8 bricks next to the XLR brick, then the museum will make sure the larger brick will have enough room for several smaller bricks around it.

I will post when the fund is officially set up (should be early next week).

Megan's contact information:

Megan Meredith
Corvette Blvd Brick Program
350 Corvette Drive
Bowling Green, KY 42101
270.781.7973 ext 136

Checks Payable to: National Corvette Museum

THANK YOU EVERYONE, for your continued support for this endeavor. :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!