Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

GM News Cadillac Expands to Become Separate Business Unit, Adds New York Headquarters

Cadillac Expands to Become Separate Business Unit, Adds New York Headquarters

2014-09-23
    GM Media

NEW YORK – As part of the continued expansion of Cadillac, General Motors today announced a strategic realignment that will establish the flagship brand as a separate business unit. In addition, the new Cadillac organization will expand to New York with a new global headquarters opening in 2015.

The realignment affirms Cadillac’s importance to GM’s strategy. Creating a new Cadillac business unit enables it to pursue growing opportunities in the luxury automotive market with more focus and clarity.

“With the relentless upward repositioning of successive new-generation Cadillac products, the next logical step is to provide Cadillac more freedom to cultivate the brand in pursuit of further global growth,” said GM President Dan Ammann.

“Cadillac’s mission is to reinstate the brand to a pre-eminent position among global luxury brands, a bold challenge requiring a distinct and focused new organization,” Ammann said. “More than a division or brand, Cadillac is becoming a center of excellence for our company.”

Full Release: Cadillac Expands to Become Separate Business Unit, Adds New York Headquarters | Cadillac XLR Net

Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator

Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    Torque About It
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Light Platinum XLR

I guess GM figured it wasn't already spending enough money. As tho' opening a NYC office would result in enough sales increase to warrant blowing the scarce resources on high-price office space. This is disgusting.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)

Surprised they did that - apparently all they need to do is add heated seats to improve sales - Ellinghaus mentions that not once, but twice in this article: Cadillac, amid U.S. sales slump, mulls more features to hold luxury prices

I don't understand deleting the STS, then making the CTS the same size & price as the STS (actually more). Seems to be getting the same sales result the STS did; seems "C" is not a magic letter. Their overall model lineup just seems overpriced.

yep, I drive a hybrid - a V8 bred for high speed!

2006 Infrared XLR
    Corsa exhaust
    XLR-V sway bar
    Powder coated calipers
    Drilled & slotted rotors
    Custom engine cover
    Custom hood & trunk liner
    Zaino polish

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

05 xlr satin nickle

Quote Originally Posted by XLRATING View Post
    Surprised they did that - apparently all they need to do is add heated seats to improve sales - Ellinghaus mentions that not once, but twice in this article: Cadillac, amid U.S. sales slump, mulls more features to hold luxury prices

I don't understand deleting the STS, then making the CTS the same size & price as the STS (actually more). Seems to be getting the same sales result the STS did; seems "C" is not a magic letter. Their overall model lineup just seems overpriced.
    To add to what you're saying, GM added $8k to the price of the cts when it came out.it's starting to get pricey?? I know it's was upgraded for 14 but that seems a big price jump in one year AL
    AL

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)

Quote Originally Posted by ald42 View Post
    To add to what you're saying, GM added $8k to the price of the cts when it came out.it's starting to get pricey?? I know it's was upgraded for 14 but that seems a big price jump in one year AL
    Yep, I bought a '13 CTS & I'm glad I didn't wait for the new version as that price is beyond what I would pay. Seems the sales pitch for folks like me is "we have the ATS," but that is way smaller than my CTS & smaller than I want. Probably most "old style" CTS owners feel that way, so not really a great marketing ploy.

yep, I drive a hybrid - a V8 bred for high speed!

2006 Infrared XLR
    Corsa exhaust
    XLR-V sway bar
    Powder coated calipers
    Drilled & slotted rotors
    Custom engine cover
    Custom hood & trunk liner
    Zaino polish

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Infared XLR-V

New York.... Really, or GM could be planning on spinning off Cadillac before GM goes bankrupt with all of it's other problems.

2006 Infared XLR-V built 4/2006, Sold new 8/24/2006 @ 36 miles. Purchased as second owner 7/22/09 @ 40,151 miles, as of 3/2018 81,862 miles
    Ligenfelter Varimax PWM Intercooler Coolant Pump, D3 Stage 1 & 2 Intake, Wait4me tune, Texas Mile 154.6 MPH 10/26/2012
    Other Caddys: 1990 Red Allante 154,000 miles

Member of Allante' XLR Houston Club:
    www.allanteclubofamerica.com/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=179768&module_id=5 322
    Facebook page: Allante XLR Texas