Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! New thread - Colorado Event

Will that be the Midwest Caravan? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

What do you think of "The Grand Colorado Springs Event" That is pretty exciting just ttping it. Thats why we need to get this done so everyone and get really excited about going and have nothing but exciting treads to read.:blinzel:

Fred:patriot:

Fred,

I think you are the one confused.....Robert is talking about the actual race track; Pikes Peak International Speedway--not you.:pat::pat:

I havent been trying Pikes Peak International with any car clubs you must have me confused with someone else. I am signed up with most everyone else at CMR. Once we get the date and place selected then Ruth Ann can then get her post updated with that info I am sure more people will sign up. I know from past experience that a lot of people just dont like to vote on anything but will come. Reference the Breakfast there are sites where CMR is including breakfast with a reservation. As you have stated the hositality room cannot be set up with our bar so as big as this resort is there should be many places for us to meet. I would suggest you ask him to trade off the Hosp room for Breakfast Buffet just a thought.;)

Fred:patriot:

Fred,

I think you are the one confused.....Robert is talking about the actual race track; Pikes Peak International Speedway--not you.:pat::pat:

Well, I'll be danged ... got me too ;) - I never put the two together ... duh. :blinzel:

Fred,

Hey Cubby you and FR are correct I misunderstood.

Fred:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Hi Jean -
I'd be happy to give a shirt design a try. I've done a lot of logo design, so if you give me some parameters, I'll see if I can come up with something that will work for embroidery. You used 3 colors of thread on the last one, right?
Cathy

Cathy,
I was wondering how your coming on the logo, or if it has a name yet? :confused::dunno: I haven't had the time to read much of anything. I just picked up a new account when I bought my new car on Monday and I've picked up doing the embroidery for a more cars as well. :willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly: Just let me know what happens, please.
Jean

The poll has closed for the dates for this event. The date wil be May 23-May 29. Please get your vacation times in for these dates. Now we need to start our list for hotel information. Thus far this is the list of people interested in staying at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort (CMR). If there is other people interested in the CMR please PM Little Women so we can add your name to the list. If you haven't looked at the resort yet here is the link http://www.cheyennemountain.com/Abou...r_location.asp. Please look at it. First Robin is trying to get the price negiotated. If you have any questions or opinions please post.

Kent(Jetboy)
RuthAnn & Ray (Lola's Mom & Detail Guy)
Fred & Ingrid (Speedway)
Bruce & Kathy (Cadillac Tech & Photo Girl)
Kris & Marc (Missy Bling & Tiffany's Dad)
Kevin & Marion (Cubby & Supa Freak)
Cathy & David (Quinn& DD)

Hopefully, by next week we will have at the least 8 CMR rooms committed right off the bat - and we are still 10 months out from the event.

Now that the date is set, I am ready to make my reservation at the CMResort. The price might be a little less at The Rodeway, but I think in this case you will get what you pay for. Huge, huge difference between the CMR and The Rodeway.

I think that Lee is wanting our business - Good job, Robert - now he has once again dropped the price. Now the room is actually the same as the AARP rate for everyone. :blinzel:

If there are attendees who would like to have a list kept of those staying at The Rodeway, I'll post it too. Just let me know your preference.

Our group will discuss the lodging choices this weekend in WI.

People should stay where they feel the most comfortable.

Bruce :wave:

I think you are correct, there may be two or more places for people to stay. The cost will be a huge factor and we all will want to get the most for our money. Thanks again for your involvement.

Bruce :patriot:

As always with a big group it is hard to please everybody. Not everybody wants to go and do the same things since the choices will be unlimited. As long as we can settle together in the evenings for dinner or just hang out and relive the adventures is fine. Just my 2 cents.

More food for thought.

I have received several emails from other forum member's who have been looking at different hotels and doing some of their own online research about the CMR and The Rodeway Inn, as well as looking for a hotel they might be interested in staying at other than those. After reading some of the reviews and looking at the websites, it seemed only right that I pass the information along as "food for thought" -

Robert, definitely I am not asking you to do anymore than you have done. And, you are right, this group needs to make their own decisions as to what, where and how each person wants to spend their 5 night stay and if cost is a factor, or not a factor, in their decision. Personally, it is not a factor for me - I want to stay in a nice place, with my friends, at a great car event - if it means that I have to save another $30 a month for the next 10 months then I will. I cannot thank you enough for what the time you have put into this on your own. I believe, like you do, that you will never please everyone and that this is only going to resolved on an individual basis. I do not believe for a minute that you would think anyone was "stepping on your toes!" ... :D

I was all set to book at the CMR until I read these reviews - now I am not so sure. I am rather disappointed with the ratings - they are very current. But the reviews are what they are. Frankly, I think Robert will be glad that we have them to consider.

Anyway, here they are for everyone to look at and since it seems that other's are still looking, I'd also be interested in seeing the websites that others are looking at being posted.

I don't think that Robert will be offended that other hotels might be considered. (if I haven't offended him yet, no one will! ;) :chuckle) Like he has said more than once, he has no vested interest in where we stay (he gets to sleep in his own bed and no profit in his pocket!), he just wanted us to have an informed direction to go in. :blinzel: So, post away, y'all!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33364-d82870-Reviews-Cheyenne_Mount

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...ites_Restaurant-Manitou_Springs_Colorado.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...gs_World_Arena-Colorado_Springs_Colorado.html

Also, someone shared an Embassy Suites link with me, but I can't find it. It looked nice too.

Thanks RA for the information. I think it is great that people are looking @ all options for themselves and the group. We are lucky we have a little bit of time and a lot of options on where to stay. I hope everyone takes some time and checks out these other locations,it is your money and your time,spend them wisely. Don't feel like you have to stay somewhere or do something just because others in the group are doing it,do what works best for you.

Bruce :)

I have received several emails from other forum member's who have been looking at different hotels and doing some of their own online research about the CMR and The Rodeway Inn, as well as looking for a hotel they might be interested in staying at other than those. After reading some of the reviews and looking at the websites, it seemed only right that I pass the information along as "food for thought" -

Robert, definitely I am not asking you to do anymore than you have done. And, you are right, this group needs to make their own decisions as to what, where and how each person wants to spend their 5 night stay and if cost is a factor, or not a factor, in their decision. Personally, it is not a factor for me - I want to stay in a nice place, with my friends, at a great car event - if it means that I have to save another $30 a month for the next 10 months then I will. I cannot thank you enough for what the time you have put into this on your own. I believe, like you do, that you will never please everyone and that this is only going to resolved on an individual basis. I do not believe for a minute that you would think anyone was "stepping on your toes!" ... :D

I was all set to book at the CMR until I read these reviews - now I am not so sure. I am rather disappointed with the ratings - they are very current. But the reviews are what they are. Frankly, I think Robert will be glad that we have them to consider.

Anyway, here they are for everyone to look at and since it seems that other's are still looking, I'd also be interested in seeing the websites that others are looking at being posted.

I don't think that Robert will be offended that other hotels might be considered. (if I haven't offended him yet, no one will! ;) :chuckle) Like he has said more than once, he has no vested interest in where we stay (he gets to sleep in his own bed and no profit in his pocket!), he just wanted us to have an informed direction to go in. :blinzel: So, post away, y'all!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33364-d82870-Reviews-Cheyenne_Mount

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...ites_Restaurant-Manitou_Springs_Colorado.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...gs_World_Arena-Colorado_Springs_Colorado.html

Also, someone shared an Embassy Suites link with me, but I can't find it. It looked nice too.
I looked at embassey suites and it is a very nice place problem is the 23 thru 29 they our booked. Thank you Ruth Ann for all this valuable information and everyone else who found it.:wave:

Fred

I looked at embassey suites and it is a very nice place problem is the 23 thru 29 they our booked. Thank you Ruth Ann for all this valuable information and everyone else who found it.:wave:

Fred

This is a mutual admiration society!
BTW, if in your searching around, if you come up with something you think is pretty special, please post the link.

One of my favorite restaurants in town has ratings that are HORRIBLE online. Many people never post their good (or great) experiences, but will peck at a keyboard regularly to voice their disapproval.

I feel the same way about movie reviews - if the critics hate it, I love it! Come to think about it, I feel the same way about cars and car critics!

The CMR place looks fantastic, though I'll stay wherever everyone else does.

And many thanks to all (especially Silver Fox) for their work and investigations!

Well .... anyone got any other suggestions?? If not, I guess we would book at the CMR.... :blinzel:

Any more thoughts on this??

Well .... anyone got any other suggestions?? If not, I guess we would book at the CMR.... :blinzel:

Any more thoughts on this??

Some what difficult choice to make but this Cheyenne Mountain Resort still looks like the best place for the buck and down time activities that they have available we will be there 7 days I know Ingrid and I will not be going constantly during this entire period.:wave:

Fred

Some what difficult choice to make but this Cheyenne Mountain Resort still looks like the best place for the buck and down time activities that they have available we will be there 7 days I know Ingrid and I will not be going constantly during this entire period.:wave:

Fred
People should stay where it is best for them. It sounds like the CMR will be the best place for you and Ingrid if your not going to be going all the time. :D

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom