Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Weather Channel

And you all LIKE this???? :confused:

It's just beyond comprehension what that must be feel like ...

I don't like it. Cubby loves driving in it, I don't. I'm sick of snow, cold, and winter all together.

Since I've lived here all my life, I guess I'm used to it. Actually, it's not really THAT bad... just put on a heavy coat. After all, I'm just in it from the house to the car... I have a garage door opener at the shop so I park inside. It's usually only this cold for a few days at a time anyway. 40 above on Monday... WOW, a heat wave :blinzel:
It would be a definite shock to the system moving here from a warmer climate.

It has been snowing here since about 2 this morning and there is more to come! My snow blower would not start so I brought it in the house for awhile. This technique has worked before.

Meanwhile, here is a photo of my front yard. In case you have trouble identifying those tracks in the drive, they are mailman tracks. LOL

It's even cold in Florida. Dad said he didn't play Tuesday because it was only 43 degrees. Oh, for 43 degrees!!!!!!!!!!

It has been snowing here since about 2 this morning and there is more to come! My snow blower would not start so I brought it in the house for awhile. This technique has worked before.

Meanwhile, here is a photo of my front yard. In case you have trouble identifying those tracks in the drive, they are mailman tracks. LOL

It's even cold in Florida. Dad said he didn't play Tuesday because it was only 43 degrees. Oh, for 43 degrees!!!!!!!!!!

Put an once or two of HEET (gas line anti-freeze) in the snowblower gas tank. Bringing the blower inside allows the gas line to thaw out.
Great picture... looks familiar :chuckle:chuckle
Can't wait to buy Florida citrus fruit this spring... $$$$$$$$$
I heard this morning on TV that in Alabama it's supposed to get down to 20 degrees; now that's cold with Alabama humidity. I'm thinking it would be worse than 20 below here, since our humidity level is almost nonexistent.

My snow blower started!
CornDog = 1
Winter Storm = 0

Why did I buy a home with so much pavement?

You're pictures are great Corn Dog (did I tell you I got a camera just like yours? Don't know how to take those great pictures though) ... I'm thinking the snow really isn't very deep - and it is picture postcard lovely. But hard for me to conceive winter when it is so Spring-like outside.

You are right Rod - you would definetly suffer culture shock - as I would. Marion, LinSue, Kris, Kathy and a few others of us have sat down and talked about how different our lives are. The biggest difference of course being winter. We live our lives outside all year 'round, so it's hard for me to imagine what you guys do INSIDE even for a couple of days. I would have to develop some kind of hobby that would occupy my time. And we eat outside, either here or at a restaurant or somewhere on a patio almost everyday, so inside meals all of the time would be different too. It's just different - to me. I know what it is like to go from the car to a bldging because that is what they do in Las Vegas and AZ during the summer ... because it's too hot to be outside. Yeah, for sure SoCal has some problems; high housing, high taxes, and the Governorator .... but like you, this is my home, and I like it and I'll pay for it :pat:.... :lol:

RA, you are so right about the So Cal weather. It may just be the best in the world! One of my best friends moved out to Long Beach a number of years ago and I just LOVE visiting. I understand what you mean about eating outside. Here, when the temperature is right you have bugs, humidity or bOTH to contend with. Also, in March and April when it is warm enough to enjoy being outside, we have rain. BUT - we work around it. I have adapted.

Like you said in an earlier post, we should start a Canon Club. Along with golf, photography is a retirement hobby. There is SO MUCH to learn and enjoy. It is great to have places like this forum and Facebook to share with friends. (Oh, I'm finding that this hobby can be just as expensive as golf.) Plus, it's so much fun taking photos of our CARS! Please share as many of your photos as you wish. I LOVE looking at all the pics. Colorado should be HEAVEN for us shutterbugs! Can't wait!

On these crappy, snowy days, I just stay in the Home Game Room! I have a new keg on tap, so life is good! I just might even get a good score on a pinball machine or two... maybe I'll go bowling and try to break 200! :chuckle

The worst part for me is that I'm working in Youngstown until the end of January. The dive home gets scarier the closer I get to Cleveland. We are one of the few places in the WORLD that get "Lake Effect" snow, which will happen until Lake Erie freezes over....if it freezes over.

We are expecting heavy snow for the forseeable future (as long as the daytime temps stay in the 20's or lower). It's no wonder I want to move SOUTH!!!!!!!

Corn Dog ... I'd love to download some pictures ... but - if you haven't guessed by now, I don't know how. My pictures always post so little and need to be clicked on to enlarge ... the rest of yours just pop up on the forum - right size - and with captions ... someone please email me your "how to" ... I think I have to download all of them to Photo Bucket - and the one time I did that everyone had access to my personal pictures ....
I love taking pictures - and have found out that the human face is what I like best - who would have thunk it? I always thought it was going to be of the cars ... weird.
Anyway .... Long Beach is AWESOME - that harbor is amazing - one of the largest ports of entry in the world. The miles of containers, the ships, the harbor itself .... beautiful. That area does have wonderful weather. I love the old downtown part. We sometimes take that route (toll road) when we go up to Los Angeles.

Rich ... what is Lake Effect?

I know you don't like the snow .... it keeps you home and when the weather is nice you are never home .... heck, I think you are out running when the temp hits the 40's. :)

After watching the reports from all over the United States this morning I am wondering what Al Gore has to say about Global Warming now. I am sure the people in Des Moines, Iowa are not agreeing with him. They have over 35 inches of snow on the ground right now which is more than their annual snowfall and winter is just getting started. It is about 18 degrees in Colorado Springs and looks like we will have sunshine all day today so maybe it will warm up.

After watching the reports from all over the United States this morning I am wondering what Al Gore has to say about Global Warming now. I am sure the people in Des Moines, Iowa are not agreeing with him. They have over 35 inches of snow on the ground right now which is more than their annual snowfall and winter is just getting started. It is about 18 degrees in Colorado Springs and looks like we will have sunshine all day today so maybe it will warm up.
I've been wondering where the global warming is. :dunno: They have stopped calling it global warming, now they are calling it climate change. :( They did that so they can still say our carbon foot print is causing all this crazy weather. :ugh:

Rich ... what is Lake Effect? :)

Ruth Ann,

We get Lake Effect snow ourselves from time to time off Lake Michigan. It happens when the winds blow across the lake--as Rich said when it is not frozen. The water is warmer than the air temp and makes picks up the moisture from the water and makes snow, which then blows wherever the wind is blowing and drops it on us!!:( We are expecting about 2-4" of lake effect snow today as there is a northeast wind coming off Lake Michigan.

Ruth Ann,

We get Lake Effect snow ourselves from time to time off Lake Michigan. It happens when the winds blow across the lake--as Rich said when it is not frozen. The water is warmer than the air temp and makes picks up the moisture from the water and makes snow, which then blows wherever the wind is blowing and drops it on us!!:( We are expecting about 2-4" of lake effect snow today as there is a northeast wind coming off Lake Michigan.

Ahhh, I get that. Your snow doesn't sound "deep" - does it accumulate or does it melt and you stay at a constant 2-4"?

a constant 2-4"

Wouldn't THAT be nice???? Although the heavier stuff does help out my business. Went to my weely breakfast meeting this morning, one guy on his way in said, "The only person smiling in this weather is Rod". What can I say... one person's misfortune is another person's fortune.

Ahhh, I get that. Your snow doesn't sound "deep" - does it accumulate or does it melt and you stay at a constant 2-4"?
It accumulates. You should really spend some time here in the Midwest during a winter season. Then you would get what we are complaining about. :D

does it accumulate?? In the Burgh I currently have a weeks worth of accumulation of approximately 16" in the yard and on the decks but those in the Cleveland / Buffalo lake effect regions
usually have more than us.

In Colorado where the Sun hits it, it does melt. It is sunny and bright and just reached the 30 degree mark. Supposed to really warm up tomorrow and Sunday. Our streets are clean and dry but I doubt I will go out with the top down anytime soon. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

It has finally stopped snowing here and the sun is out. :D Now we are expecting strong winds and frigid temperatures. With the winds blowing we will have drifting which again makes driving fun. :ugh:

Well, since it's so quiet on here, I'm going to guess that the sun is out and that means so are all of you! :wave:

The Detail Guy is out doing just that .... Lola's bath day. BTW her warranty expired yestereday, and I hope my checkbook doesn't :lol: The dealer that was going to sell me the extended warranty backed out and said that after further checking she couldn't - b.s. Any way - Lola better behave.... ;)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom