Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool!

That must have been a lot of fun. Great days like this really make you glad to be an XLR owner.

A car friend sent this to me. Thought I'd share it here with you all.

This will keep you occupied for a while

OLD CAR MOVIES
NOTE: You will never see an email like this, keep it in your document file
and watch the many old car movies, this is a classic
GREETINGS
YOU ARE A CAR BUFF
THIS IS EXTRAORDINARY....
YOU WILL SPEND HOURS GOING OVER THIS..
NO MATTER WHAT BRAND OF CAR YOU ENJOYED,
IT'S REFERENCED IN THIS LINE UP.
ONCE YOU START WATCHING THIS,
IT IS LIKE A DRUG...A GOOD ONE...
HAVE FUN...
KEEP SMILING...
Enjoy, click on the video camera next to each item to view.
TVRAACA Old Car Movies

So I go to take my keys out of my pocket and am surprised. My key fob isn't connected with my other keys. So I dug deeper in my pocket and found out. The hook that holds the key ring broke off. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440450973.043227.jpg. So I called my dealer and asked if they have just the rubber case. My service guy said they probably do but need to bring in the remote for a match.
The other way is find one on eBay and then he said I could have the insides put in the remote instead of having to buy a brand new one.
Glad I have 2 fobs.

BobW's Trifecta!

Our fellow member and good friend BobW had a Trifecta Saturday August 22, 2015. Bob is much too modest to post this so I will. I wish I had photos.

He entered his 2009 XLR in a Car Show in Dallas, NC and he had it looking sharp as usual. He was parked between a 2014 Corvette and a beautiful original 1967 Corvette Coupe.

He won two plaques and a trophy - 3 awards in all! I know that one was "Ladies Choice", but I don't remember what the other two were.

Due to demands of business, I was unable to be at the show early enough to enter a car. On my way home, I stopped by just before they announced the winners, so I stuck around for the awards ceremony. Bob said he was embarassed to win 3 awards.

I told him that if I had been able to enter Crimson Pearl, I might have been able to save him some of his embarrassment! :lol:

Last edited:
Bowling Green Assembly Plant Postcard

I don't know how many of you have one of these or have seen one, so i thought you might enjoy seeing it here.

Attachments

• Bowling Green Postcard front.jpg
    Bowling Green Postcard front.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 177
....The other way is find one on eBay and then he said I could have the insides put in the remote instead of having to buy a brand new one.

I swapped the guts from my original FOB into a new case I bought off eBay. Took 30 seconds...no worries.

My parts guy had a extra non programable one. So he replaced the back of mine and gave me a new battery. The best part was no out of pocket. Just waited like 4 min or less to swap out.

Been taking the XLR-V out much more since it got new tires & pushing it a little bit harder every time to get a feel for how it reacts - got gun shy when I pushed it on the original tires & almost got sideways ... in an intersection ... with cars all around me. :eek: It's got way more horsepower & torque than anything I'm used to. Anyway, today got to the point where I pushed enough to get the baffles open, the jet roar going (courtesy of BB Fusion exhaust), & go into flight. THAT was FUN! :D :D :D

Since the baffles don't open until 3k RPM, all the playing I've been doing has been under that & that car has still kicked fanny. If I've gotten much past 50% throttle I'd be surprised & it just goes (& I have no problem going pedal to the floor in everything else I drive :thumbsup). I'm sure there's bigger, badder, faster cars but still, what a great ride! :rocker:

(although I still love Beauty the best...)

Don't know if this was already shared or not. But here is time lapse of the new sky dome at the corvette museum
https://youtu.be/cHqwi7Vwxl4

So I decided at the last minute to go to the Car Show hosted by the local Chevy dealer. Coughlin Chevrolet sells the most Corvettes of any other dealer in Ohio. More than 300 Corvettes at the show. The C7s are gorgeous. Went with my neighbor who has a nice C4, 1986 Pace Car Edition 'Vette. I had to leave early, but found out today I earned a little hardware. I liked the old fashioned gas pump theme for the trophies.
dd7129a28f8db082bc340cf38e0dd44a.jpg

I was the only XLR there.
Tim

Beside our shows with the groupies here.... I have never had another XLR join me at a car show either!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Beside our shows with the groupies here.... I have never had another XLR join me at a car show either!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Dan I tried one time at a cruise in. But other then that afternoon cruise in. None have joined me again. Tried several times to get another to join me for the big car show next month. One says he will be there but not as a participant. The other night if he's in town.

Mileage milestone. ...and... What's Sconnie???

Returning from the Carmel show, THE BARBIE CAR hit 50,000 miles!!! We got our '07-V in 2008 with 3,000 miles on it. First thing we did was drive it from Wisconsin to Rendezvous III in Bowling Green, where we were introduced to the group that would take on the (well-deserved) name "Midwest Marauders." From that time on, every mile we've driven to join up with the group has been well worth it! Bowling Green; Madison IN; San Antonio; Colorado Springs; Outer Banks; ALMS & Cadillac races in Ohio, Florida, Georgia and Wisconsin; Spring Drives; Fall Drives; and just "let's meet up and party" [Bobfest, Cubby's, George's] Drives! The friendships that have come because of this car are precious and real - and seems like every time we get together, new and amazing folks join the crew.

I'm sad when I see XLRs with such low miles - their owners are missing soooo much fun. So, "Happy 50K, to The Barbie Car" - every mile has brought a smile! Thank you! Now, please continue to be trouble-free for another 50,000!

On another note:
We've had some discussions/questions about "What's Sconnie?"
Well, some of you received your Sconnie shirts when you came up to Road America... but Sconnie is more than a nickname for someone from Wisconsin - it's kind of a lifestyle. We aren't exactly rednecks, but there are some things that set Sconnies apart. Here's the blurb from the SconnieNation website:

Anyone from Wisconsin, who attends school in Wisconsin, or just loves the dairy state in general can identify with Sconnie. Sconnie is anything of or relating to Wisconsin. Sconnie is an identity. It can be used as a noun ("I am a Sconnie") or an adjective ("Look at that Sconnie truck"). You don't have to be from Wisconsin to appreciate the Sconnie movement. It's all about embracing and celebrating this genuinely Wisconsinesque environment we call home. Sconnie is tailgating, bowling, bubblers, washing cheese curds down with a beer, having a tractor-shaped mailbox, or eating a cream puff. If you like eating a brat and cheering for the Pack, you know what we're talking about.

I now have some physical evidence that will TOTALLY explain SCONNIE:

Hannah and Julia, my daughters, ran a half-marathon in Madison a couple of weeks ago. They asked me to pick them up when they were done, but they told me that it'd actually be awhile AFTER they finished because beer was being served at the finish line. (That's SCONNIE). When they proudly showed off their medals, they pointed out a practical added feature - the medals were bottle openers (That's VERY SCONNIE)!!! I've attached a picture - notice that the commemorative beer cup lists the University of Wisconsin Health Department as a sponsor. (Oh, of the 'running part' not the 'drinking part' I'm almost sure!)

IMG_2136.JPG

Anyway... Happy Labor Day to you all. Some of us already are beginning to see the leaves changing UP NORT HERE HEY (actually that's more like Minnesota talk, but oh well) and we know that before long our sexy cars will be put to bed for the winter and the flannel all-wheel drive cars will come out. But - that doesn't mean we might not see each other until Spring - hope not, anyway! Enjoy the Fall - MMs: where are we going next???

~Quinn

wisconsin XLRs rule

Never enjoyed folks as much as I appreciate my Wisconsin XLR folks.
You all are so the best! 50,000 miles on an XLR are nothing with a joy machine that like that.
Started driving mine with only 2,000 miles and well below 50,000 right now. If there are better
owners or others of high quality car XLR owners on this planet I would appreciate the introduction.

So appreciate you all!

Respectfully Always!

Oh, the mushroom cheese explains all this.....

Steve

Returning from the Carmel show, THE BARBIE CAR hit 50,000 miles!!! We got our '07-V in 2008 with 3,000 miles on it. First thing we did was drive it from Wisconsin to Rendezvous III in Bowling Green, where we were introduced to the group that would take on the (well-deserved) name "Midwest Marauders." From that time on, every mile we've driven to join up with the group has been well worth it! Bowling Green; Madison IN; San Antonio; Colorado Springs; Outer Banks; ALMS & Cadillac races in Ohio, Florida, Georgia and Wisconsin; Spring Drives; Fall Drives; and just "let's meet up and party" [Bobfest, Cubby's, George's] Drives! The friendships that have come because of this car are precious and real - and seems like every time we get together, new and amazing folks join the crew.

I'm sad when I see XLRs with such low miles - their owners are missing soooo much fun. So, "Happy 50K, to The Barbie Car" - every mile has brought a smile! Thank you! Now, please continue to be trouble-free for another 50,000!

On another note:
We've had some discussions/questions about "What's Sconnie?"
Well, some of you received your Sconnie shirts when you came up to Road America... but Sconnie is more than a nickname for someone from Wisconsin - it's kind of a lifestyle. We aren't exactly rednecks, but there are some things that set Sconnies apart. Here's the blurb from the SconnieNation website:

Anyone from Wisconsin, who attends school in Wisconsin, or just loves the dairy state in general can identify with Sconnie. Sconnie is anything of or relating to Wisconsin. Sconnie is an identity. It can be used as a noun ("I am a Sconnie") or an adjective ("Look at that Sconnie truck"). You don't have to be from Wisconsin to appreciate the Sconnie movement. It's all about embracing and celebrating this genuinely Wisconsinesque environment we call home. Sconnie is tailgating, bowling, bubblers, washing cheese curds down with a beer, having a tractor-shaped mailbox, or eating a cream puff. If you like eating a brat and cheering for the Pack, you know what we're talking about.

I now have some physical evidence that will TOTALLY explain SCONNIE:

Hannah and Julia, my daughters, ran a half-marathon in Madison a couple of weeks ago. They asked me to pick them up when they were done, but they told me that it'd actually be awhile AFTER they finished because beer was being served at the finish line. (That's SCONNIE). When they proudly showed off their medals, they pointed out a practical added feature - the medals were bottle openers (That's VERY SCONNIE)!!! I've attached a picture - notice that the commemorative beer cup lists the University of Wisconsin Health Department as a sponsor. (Oh, of the 'running part' not the 'drinking part' I'm almost sure!)

View attachment 5703

Anyway... Happy Labor Day to you all. Some of us already are beginning to see the leaves changing UP NORT HERE HEY (actually that's more like Minnesota talk, but oh well) and we know that before long our sexy cars will be put to bed for the winter and the flannel all-wheel drive cars will come out. But - that doesn't mean we might not see each other until Spring - hope not, anyway! Enjoy the Fall - MMs: where are we going next???

~Quinn

Just thought about this..... on our way out to Carmel IN we flipped over 90k! She goes faster now she getting broke in...... Lol

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

In good company!

Here's a photo from my favorite car show held at a local church close to me.

Attachments

• Robinson 3 XLRs June 13 2015.jpg
    Robinson 3 XLRs June 13 2015.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 162

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics