Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

San Antonio, Texas "Blue Bunny" Rally May 20--May 23, 2009

Whoa .... that's a long first driving day for a ... v-a-c-a-t-i-o-n :pat: I'm thinking at this point that we may drive SoCal to Tucson the day before and meet you all in Tucson .... But, regardless, I think we should leave Tucson no later than lunch time ... Heck, I don't know ... you guys tell me :worship: what you think the schedule should be from Tucson ... we can be there anytime.

The Holiday Inn Express is at 2635 S. Valley Dr. Rates start at $104. Tel. 575-527-9947. This is located about 1 exit further east than the La Quintas. I have never stayed at this location.

La Quinta, 1500 Hickory Dr. Rates start at about $76. This is next door to Cracker Barrel. Tel 575-523-0100.

La Quinta, 790 Avenida de Messilla. Rates start at about $71. This is virtually across the street from the other one. 575-524-0331.

I have stayed at both La Quintas several times on business. Both offer continental breakfast. Both are within a block of I-10 and the exit is about 3 miles from the intersection with I-25. If anybody has other questions, let me know and I will try to find out the answer.

I just checked out the rates on the internet and it quoted $85 to $110.00 for the 19th of May for one person. Are you getting a special rate other than what is quoted on the internet? This is the one at 1500 Hickory Dr. Maybe the cow pasture is looking better all the time even if it is a dairy. My Army training and the Boy Scouts taught me to Be Prepared at all times.

Hey First Prez,
Well I guess we have a good old fashion Mexican stand off. Why don't we let Kent choose since he has done Las Cruces many times before. (where's the best looking waitresses?)
At least we can all get on the same page...........or everyone put in their vote and we go with the majority. Seems fair to me. A pessimists would say 106 days, an optimist would say 15.4 weeks an counting.

I don't see where you think this is an old fashion Mexican stand off. I only made a suggestion and said what ever you people want is okay with me. Why are you trying to make something out of nothing?

Come on Prez, you weren't being admonished, read our post better. We are trying to make a decision and would like everyones imput and vote or leave it up to Kent. We never had this trouble going to BG for two years. We all agree to disagree will not get it done. :patriot:
I'm not going to vote for you if you get naughty.

What trouble are you having??? You say "We never had this trouble going to BG for two years." What is your problem? I only made a suggestion, I did not say we should all stay there. This is the same old crap about the hotels in San Antonio. This whole thing is about getting together with other XLR owners and having fun, joining up in caravans to reach the final destination. I just don't understand what is going on with you people.

Let us get through Tucson, how about at Kolb? I think there is a Chevron there?

I will let Ruth Ann and Bob tell us what time they are planning to leave San Diego and then we can plan times from there.

We can meet at the Triple TTT truckstop. You will exit 268 (this will put you on the outskirts of Tucson) go to the end of exit 268 turn left at stop sign continue over the overpass and turn left into Triple TTT. Easy on easy off I-10 it has clean restrooms, cafe and adequate parking. If you need gas(chevron) get it before you come to Tucson unless you want the truck stop gas (not a major brand). If you exit in Tucson (which they have a few) you WILL NOT be able to get back on I-10 without driving through the entire city and traffic is not good especially when you dont know the city. Las Cruces is approx 242 miles from Tucson.

Let's do the La Quinta next to the Cracker Barrel

La Quinta, 1500 Hickory Dr. Rates start at about $76. This is next door to Cracker Barrel. Tel 575-523-0100.

FirstRobin, between Las Cruces and El Paso there are a few cow pastures I don't think you would want to sleep in, major dairies :ugh:

I checked the La Quinta site and you need to be aware that this hotel will guarintee the room until 6pm then you will be charged for the room but will not be guarinteed it will be available. Las Cruces is 242 miles from Tucson I dont know what time you expect to arrive at Tuson but your looking at 4 to 4.5 hours drive time to Las Cruces. You may want to reconsider Holiday Inn which has no clause on arrival time on the guarinteed reservation. However, they have a cancellation policy of 30 days at Holiday Inn.

Madam & Photo Girl How much longer?:dunno:Where is our count down?:dunno:You two have been counting us down. Don't let me down ladies.

I just checked out the rates on the internet and it quoted $85 to $110.00 for the 19th of May for one person. Are you getting a special rate other than what is quoted on the internet? This is the one at 1500 Hickory Dr. Maybe the cow pasture is looking better all the time even if it is a dairy. My Army training and the Boy Scouts taught me to Be Prepared at all times.
I put in for the AARP discount. That may be why the lower rate. I got $76.50

$76.50 for us too. Senior rate .... :pat: I booked the night of the 19th and the night of the 24th .... both nights no penalty to same day cancel.

Well since this was directed at me I guess I'll answer it.
Your reading much more into these posts than what is there. I thought I was sensetive, you must be a cancer like me. Don't take this stuff so serious, you do the same thing we do and we don't get pi66ed off. You really sound mad and I'm sure no one had that intent to make anyone mad. When you all decide what place we are staying in Las Cruses, let me know. I don't want to argue with anyone, especially on this forum.
Have a nice Super Bowl Sunday.:patriot:
What trouble are you having??? You say "We never had this trouble going to BG for two years." What is your problem? I only made a suggestion, I did not say we should all stay there. This is the same old crap about the hotels in San Antonio. This whole thing is about getting together with other XLR owners and having fun, joining up in caravans to reach the final destination. I just don't understand what is going on with you people.

Kent, Did I hear
"Cracker Barrel"............Waitresses are great at CB, or was that a dream. My daughters favorite place for breakfast. Thanks for stepping up, we too will do La Quinta on the same dates as Ruthie and the slot car guy........what's his name?
Just made my reservations for the 19th and 24th at same rate at the LQ.:patriot:
Ruthie............ choose what time you want us in San Diego and where, and we will be there.

Let's do the La Quinta next to the Cracker Barrel

FirstRobin, between Las Cruces and El Paso there are a few cow pastures I don't think you would want to sleep in, major dairies :ugh:

Are you going out the back door of Vegas to I-40 and then slip down to I-25 or drop down from Flag to Phoenix? I forgot all about you. I guess I missed some posts that said you where going...........sorry. See ya at Las Cruces.
The end of an error...........what a shame!:bash:
It seems to be a good place to stop for us as well. I am a Cracker Barrel fan too (breakfast). :) So, I know which one LQ I'd like to book.

SilverX :cool:

My god Ruthie will be waiting on the side of the road for Wicked to zoom by all night. She is already packing the trunk. You becha! I guess my daughter and I will be the first ones up that morning. We are one hour from Ruthie. Yawn!
Let us get through Tucson, how about at Kolb? I think there is a Chevron there?

I will let Ruth Ann and Bob tell us what time they are planning to leave San Diego and then we can plan times from there.

Kent, Did I hear
"Cracker Barrel"............Waitresses are great at CB, or was that a dream. My daughters favorite place for breakfast. Thanks for stepping up, we too will do La Quinta on the same dates as Ruthie and the slot car guy........what's his name?
Just made my reservations for the 19th and 24th at same rate at the LQ.:patriot:
Ruthie............ choose what time you want us in San Diego and where, and we will be there.

Speedway is thinking ahead for you as well. Triple T has the best waitresses in Tucson. :rocker: That is where we are gong to meet them.

Are you going out the back door of Vegas to I-40 and then slip down to I-25 or drop down from Flag to Phoenix? I forgot all about you. I guess I missed some posts that said you where going...........sorry. See ya at Las Cruces.
The end of an error...........what a shame!:bash:
93 to Phoenix is about an hour faster than going to Flag.

Silver X, if you are planning to stop over in Phoenix on the 18th I have an extra room. You just have to like cats.

Marion - you have 15 1/2 weeks to get your suitcase packed! Don't forget your funnel! :beerchug::drink::dance::blue::twist:
Funnel has been packed since we booked our room.:drink::beerchug::chuckle

Yea, I figure it will be so early that we can slip down the 5 to the 8 or 52 to near your house. You set the time and we will be wherever.
Standby .... 'still trying to coordinate the timing with JB .... You would be traveling down to the I-8??

I just sent an email to Billy Cook in Midland, TX to let him know about RIV. He rode with me to the State Park in Kentucky, remember him, he flew in instead of driving. First Robin

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom