Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018

BG Plant

Chad,
Being they are getting ready for C8 and possible mid engine Corvette,I say there is no way in *ell you're getting into the plant for a tour. You might as well plan on doing something else. Hopefully we can get on the NCM track.

Dave C., said that even Will can't get into the plant!

Ate lunch at Mariah's. Website listed in earlier posts somewhere. We're definitely eating there as a group! Parking in the baseball field parking garage.

Road trip? Yes.

What would everyone think of a "road trip" on the road trip to BG? Today Rogene and I went to the Maker's Mark distillery. It's a 4+ hour and 215 mile round trip drive. Neat place! And with a café, we could eat lunch there. And, yes we had a sample drink! $12pp for the tour. What da' think?
Tomorrow, we'll go to the NCM and see what they can / will do, and also to the Mammouth cave. The cave is about 35 miles up I-65.

I definitely am in favor of a road trip (or two) while there. Would really enjoy driving some of those squiggly country roads, especially if we do different routes going and coming to see a greater variety.

NCM track

Back from BG! Here's what the flyer says about the track. "Hot Lap Rides", guests are a passenger in a Z06 driven by their drivers. $100, 2 laps, which I think is 3.15 miles. "Touring Laps", participants drive their own car in a lead-follow format, 4 laps, 3.15 miles a lap, $45. "Corvette Touring", drive their vette with a lead-follow format, 4 laps, $199. "Corvette Experience", three 20 minute on track sessions and three classroom sessions (alternating). a half day program inculdes lunch and VIP NCM tour, $599. They also have a kart group activities. Maybe we could get a group of people to do the class / track 1/2 day thing the day before everyone else comes (?).

NCM does have a tour set up that we can do. It includes: tour the NCM, box lunch, tour a place called R/C Componets which makes wheels I was told, and they said this place was featured on Orange County Choppers show. And tour Chaney's Dairy Barn (I can see the eyes rolling!), BUT, we get ice cream in this tour!! $29ppl.

More to type up later!!

Chad

Rough draft

Here's what I'm thinking about what we're going to do in BG next year. Working backwards:
Saturday: BG assembly club car show. Night dinner at Mariah's. Last day. figured we all be heading back to our homes Sunday.

Friday: The tour that the NCM has set up for us. Remember $29ppl. Maybe dinner at Rafferty's.

Wednesday / Thursday: These days we could go to the Mammoth caves, Makers Mark distillery ( 4 hours round trip), nice place, and you get small samples to drink! (strong stuff!!).

Tuesday: Maybe if enough of us want to take the NCM driving coarse ($599), we could all do it this day, and then the people that don't want the coarse can drive in on Wednesday. Or we could schedule some driving time on the track ($45). Which ever is the first night, Tuesday or Wednesday, when everyone gets there, we have dinner at Montana Grill, short walk from the hotel.

I'm short a couple of places to eat!! And I'm not thinking about lunch, only the night dinners. Maybe everyone could do their on thing for lunch. I know when I'm scheduled for lunch and dinners both, I feel like all I'm doing is eating!! And I eat way too much!!

I'm getting E-mails from the NCM about the track time schedule we want. They're already scheduling 2018 stuff. So we better get our time in NOW!! Give me your opinion everyone! We got to get the track done!

Chad

Ok, I'm dumb - do you have a link for the NCM driving course? Looked on NCM & the track sites, couldn't find any $599 course??? Lots of other stuff though. Wanted details because most of the stuff we've looked at in the past for NCM requires you to use your own car. Not interested in dinging a XLR!

Plan looks good, thanks for all the work Chad!

Here's the web site for the NCM track:

http://motorsportspark.org/

Maybe,,, operated by some other company?

Edit: Now that I've seen the web site. Look at the HPDI classes. Use your own car, last almost all day $225. What do we think about this?

another edit: Maybe we need an instructor for this.

Last edited:
So, I'd like to start publicizing this event a little more - on the home page of the site as well as on Facebook. Do we have:

1. Official name for the event? Is this another "Rendezvous" or something else?

2. Has an official date(s) been established?

3. Has a hotel been locked down?

4. Has an itinerary been created yet?

Sorry Rob!!! i'm a little slow here.

Look at post #104. So far it's the closest thing we got to a schedule. Haven't locked down anything on running on the NCM track yet, nobody's has replied yet on that. For now, I've been calling it "15 year Bowling Green Homecoming", unless someone has something better! It is going to be on the last week of September 2018. No hotel yet, I was looking at hotels when I was out there, but they won't book anything further out than a year. I haven't gotten any commitments (or comments) on if people want to do everything that I listed in post #104. If we want track or driving coarse time we need to know now because they are scheduling for 2018 now.

Reply to Popbigguy

The itinerary you laid out sounds reasonable to me. Thanks for doing it.
Doug

Here's what I'm thinking about what we're going to do in BG next year. Working backwards:
Saturday: BG assembly club car show. Night dinner at Mariah's. Last day. figured we all be heading back to our homes Sunday.

Friday: The tour that the NCM has set up for us. Remember $29ppl. Maybe dinner at Rafferty's.

Wednesday / Thursday: These days we could go to the Mammoth caves, Makers Mark distillery ( 4 hours round trip), nice place, and you get small samples to drink! (strong stuff!!).

Tuesday: Maybe if enough of us want to take the NCM driving coarse ($599), we could all do it this day, and then the people that don't want the coarse can drive in on Wednesday. Or we could schedule some driving time on the track ($45). Which ever is the first night, Tuesday or Wednesday, when everyone gets there, we have dinner at Montana Grill, short walk from the hotel.

I'm short a couple of places to eat!! And I'm not thinking about lunch, only the night dinners. Maybe everyone could do their on thing for lunch. I know when I'm scheduled for lunch and dinners both, I feel like all I'm doing is eating!! And I eat way too much!!

I'm getting E-mails from the NCM about the track time schedule we want. They're already scheduling 2018 stuff. So we better get our time in NOW!! Give me your opinion everyone! We got to get the track done!

Chad

I am new to the Forum, having just purchased my XLR this year, but we are interested in the 15th reunion idea at Bowling green. Thanks.
Ron

I don't post often, but I'd love to meet all of you and attend the Bowling Green Event

Hey Gang, while I don't post much on here, I'm glad to hear about this reunion. I'm very interested in attending this event. I have a 2007 XLR-V with 86,000 miles on it. If you ever want to reach me quicker just email me at r4tikis@aol.com Thanks! "Greg"

Bowling Green 15 year reunion

Count Barbara and I in for this event, Long time Corvette owner, Long time NCM Member, Have done many NCM tours with the Grand Sport Registry that were set up with the NCM, Makers Mark tour was far and away the best. Looking forward to meeting some other XLR owners.
Hank

All these folks signing up, this is getting to be a party!!!! :party

As I said b4. Count me in. But I’ll be arriving with my mom. The reason is she’s a Elvis fan and wants to go to Memphis. So we might head that way after the reunion. But I think she wants to take her van because she says the van rides better then my xlr. But I want to have the xlr there. So it’ll be a surprise on who wins. If she takes the van I can’t help her drive. I have adaptions on mine. Left foot accelerator that has a bar going over to the right if we take the xlr I could help her drive. Other option is to call a company to trailer the xlr up but then I would have to have someone here at the house in Florida to receive the car on Monday when we r in Memphis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am new to the Forum, having just purchased my XLR this year, but we are interested in the 15th reunion idea at Bowling green. Thanks.
Ron

Do I put you on the attendance roster list?

Chad

Hey Gang, while I don't post much on here, I'm glad to hear about this reunion. I'm very interested in attending this event. I have a 2007 XLR-V with 86,000 miles on it. If you ever want to reach me quicker just email me at r4tikis@aol.com Thanks! "Greg"

And should I put you on the roster list? And guest, Wife, GF included? Great year car by the way!

Chad

Hey Chad
Please pencil Wendy and I in for the the 2 of us!
As long as she can get approved for vacation time off at her work, we will be attending! They will not approve any vacation time off now.... it’s to far away on time off calendar!
Thx Dan

Sent from Grand Daddy iPhone using Tapatalk

so the last week of September.....

I really want to do this again, had fun at the 10th anniversary and would love to tour some local facilities, natural attractions and lots of local roads.

I take it you are talking about the last week of September, the first day I see mentioned is Tuesday - so Tuesday September 25th?!?

......SO for me that is the charity event I am 'immersed' in but heck I could leave the next morning stupid early and arrive around dinner time Wednesday!

Count us in! Graytoad: Sandy & Steve Gray (or as Steve sometimes refers to himself as 'Mr. Sandy'!)

Can I suggest someone figure out how to add the date in at the beginning of this thread? Took forever to figure out when this is planned for....

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom