Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

RIV Agenda

Ruth Ann,

You are getting things confused--Blackbeard's is in Corpus Christi. Cadillac's is in San Antonio.

Also, Pam (Dallas Doll) suggested Black Beard's (ghosts! :willy_nilly:) for a dinner .... how about looking into that along with Cadillac's???

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:Confused???? Who me? :willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Oh ... well, I do that a lot :lol: then how about we go find a great "puffy taco" place and then Cadillacs???

That sounds like a plan--start your research:squint::squint:

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:Confused???? Who me? :willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Oh ... well, I do that a lot :lol: then how about we go find a great "puffy taco" place and then Cadillacs???

Sounds like Saturday morning would be a good time for the Alamo... then to the "Puffy Taco" place then on to Cadillac's. A friend of mine who used to live in SA told me of a "not to miss" bar called Dick's Last Front... maybe we could hit it at some point during the weekend??? Just my .02...

Ya have to go on the Gulf trip to talk to the Ghosts at Blackbeards. I don't see your name on the list for the gulf trip. Where gonna have shrimp with Bubba.
Also, Pam (Dallas Doll) suggested Black Beard's (ghosts! :willy_nilly:) for a dinner .... how about looking into that along with Cadillac's???

Ya have to go on the Gulf trip to talk to the Ghosts at Blackbeards. I don't see your name on the list for the gulf trip. Where gonna have shrimp with Bubba.

We're gonna wait and see on that ... there's still a chance that we will be heading over to Houston after the Rendezvous ... nothing set in stone yet .... but I don't want to spend everyday of our vacation in the car ... And there's a lot in and around San Antonio that I'd like to see. :cool: I've never been there.

I heard from very informed sources here in Montana that a not to miss delicacy in Fredricksburg is something called a "Sausage Cholacha"...
Anyone had one before that could testify to this?

USS Lexington

Just saw something we'd like to visit while in Corpus Christi...the USS Lexington. She's docked in the bay. We HAVE to ride the Flight Simulator!
www.usslexington.com

Kathy :patriot:

Just saw something we'd like to visit while in Corpus Christi...the USS Lexington. She's docked in the bay. We HAVE to ride the Flight Simulator!
www.usslexington.com

Kathy :patriot:

That looks real interesting any thought on leaving earlier in the morning for this cruise? That way we could work that in.

Speedway

Fred

That looks real interesting any thought on leaving earlier in the morning for this cruise? That way we could work that in.

Speedway

Fred

We were just thinking the same thing; an early start sounds like a good idea.:rocker:

Kathy

Yea Kathy! That ship and Blackbeard's ghost are really the only thing to do In CC. I will research the Lexington and make sure it's available.
We MUST do the flight simulator. I just love to crash planes, thank god when I used to fly I was a lot better in the plane than on the computer.
We where scheduling a 9:00 am leave time, so everybody up for a 7:00 am leave time?That would give us two plus hours and then lunch at Blackbeard's around noon or one and be able to get back to SA around PM.:patriot:
RA, if most agree will you change the starting time and add the USS Lexington and simulator to the Gulf Trip?
We were just thinking the same thing; an early start sounds like a good idea.:rocker:

Kathy

I'm all for the Lexington. It will bring back memories of my Navy days on the flight deck. We went by the Lexington quite a few years back while in SA for a convention but it was closed for visitors that day. I'm all for a 7 am depart time. We can sleep when we get back home. We are getting close to the trip now......

I heard from very informed sources here in Montana that a not to miss delicacy in Fredricksburg is something called a "Sausage Cholacha"...
Anyone had one before that could testify to this?

Kolaches are like a sausage roll. They also have them with various fruit fillings.
Here's more info for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolache

My hubby loves sausage, so he adores them!
The bread/roll part is tender and yummy and then pick your favorite filling.

Have you considered?

As a native Texan, you tourists are confusing me.
San Antonio is the birthplace and known for the fajitas and margaritas, why are ya'll looking for "puffy Tacos?''

Dallas Doll
who could hook ya'll up with fabulous waterholes and food if ya'll ever come to DFW.

As a native Texan, you tourists are confusing me.
San Antonio is the birthplace and known for the fajitas and margaritas, why are ya'll looking for "puffy Tacos?''

Dallas Doll
who could hook ya'll up with fabulous waterholes and food if ya'll ever come to DFW.

Being from Montana... I've never even heard of a "puffy taco", much less had one.
Believe me... this trip can't some soon enough for me. The open road... wind in the hair, it just doesn't get any better!!
Not to mention good food, good wine, and most important... GREAT FORUM FRIENDS!!!

"Puffy tacos" have been featured on the food network a couple of times ..... and they just look so d*mn good! San Diego is hugely influenced by the Mexican culture, so we eat a ton (probably literally :pat:) of tacos .... but never had a "puffy"one .... Love fajitas too (Texas beef?) .... oh, heck .... I don't care .... I'll eat anything .... well, almost. :lol:

I'm all for the Lexington. It will bring back memories of my Navy days on the flight deck. We went by the Lexington quite a few years back while in SA for a convention but it was closed for visitors that day. I'm all for a 7 am depart time. We can sleep when we get back home. We are getting close to the trip now......

Marc, Kathy thought you would enjoy visiting the Lexington. I know I'm looking forward to touring the ship. It appears they have quite a few planes on display as well.

Bruce :wave:

We where scheduling a 9:00 am leave time, so everybody up for a 7:00 am leave time?That would give us two plus hours and then lunch at Blackbeard's around noon or one and be able to get back to SA around PM.:patriot:
RA, if most agree will you change the starting time and add the USS Lexington and simulator to the Gulf Trip?
' Sorry, Bobby ..... I can't make the changes .... I don't have edit access to the agenda ..... it's being kept by XLR05 .... PM him for changes.

I do have access to edit the event attendance list .... so, anyone who thinks they want to join in .... let me know :rocker: -

Bruce .... can you leave curb rash on a simulator?? :laugh: :D

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back