Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

RIV Agenda

After looking at xlr05's itinerary which is great, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday would be a great spot to put in the Alamo, The Cadillac bar and other very short stops or tips, and let's not forget Hooters or I will die a thousand deaths.
I believe we should try to add these things into xlr 05's itinerary list.
What do you all think?
I will try to find a good restaurant on the gulf at Corpus Cristi with a nice view and maybe make reservations for our lunch party, but will need to know how many will make the trip, So darlin Ruthie, would you start a list for the gulf trip? Maybe a nice ten mile ride along the beach would be nice too before we head back.:pat: My god so little time all of a sudden.:patriot:

I already started the list .... go the the link. I have not moved it to Thursday as I am waiting to hear from the Professor what his time schedule is ... he has already rented a room for the ceremony, and since he is the brains behind this Rendezvous I'd like to afford him that courtesy .... that's my thought. If those of you that want to go to the Gulf on Thursday still wish to do so, I will gladly start a list for that day .... otherwise, I'd sort of like to wait and give him the opportunity .... :blinzel:

Ruthie, Jaimie and I for the other trip (loop)
Haha .... which schedule, Bruce? :confused: Gulf trip on Thursday or Saturday????

Again, I think all of the R4 posts / comments, etc .... need to be moved over to the other thread .... this is way too confusing for me. :willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

I know you guys have just gotten back from Sebring .... but has Kathy got a chance to check out the Cadillac's drive? That's a can't miss for me. :rocker:

Haha .... which schedule, Bruce? :confused: Gulf trip on Thursday or Saturday????

Again, I think all of the R4 posts / comments, etc .... need to be moved over to the other thread .... this is way too confusing for me. :willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

I know you guys have just gotten back from Sebring .... but has Kathy got a chance to check out the Cadillac's drive? That's a can't miss for me. :rocker:

The schedule on post #16. The Cadillac Bar is something that could be done on Saturday for lunch if we are in SA.

I'm glad that people like the agenda. Once we hear back from the Professor I agree to be the agenda keeper. If Lola's mom would please keep the names of participants to keep a tally of people interested in the events. :)

The Fredericksburg Loop trip my intension is to give everyone a driving route sheet with points of interest along the way. If anyone would like to stop to smell the roses they can.
For example some people say that the Lyndon B. Johnson State Park and Historic site is great. But I know others would careless about it. :( Or maybe some people would like to spend more time in the wine shops. :rocker:

This way we can all do what interest us and still meet in Fredericksburg for site seeing, shopping, maybe dinner and the ride back to SA.

I will be checking on restaurants in Gruene for lunch and Fredericksburg for dinner to see what they have available.

Will keep everyone posted :patriot:

That trip sounds great.
The trip to Corpus Christi, AKA from now on as CC the gulf doesn't have much time for sight seeing other than a short trip along the gulf to show off our cars and the convoy atmosphere driving nice and easy to let everyone see our machines.
I will also have map handouts for everyone just in case some make a wrong turn.
One sand box break coming and going so everyone can stop for munchies, gas or water, etc...............and I will be driving the speed limit so everyone can enjoy the scenery, (rolling hills).
I would like to here from as many people as possible to decide which restaurant you would like, so I can get in touch with the most popular among our group.
My choice so far would be Blackbeard's because they probably could accommodate more for lunch and have the full menu to choose from.
I'm glad that people like the agenda. Once we hear back from the Professor I agree to be the agenda keeper. If Lola's mom would please keep the names of participants to keep a tally of people interested in the events. :)

The Fredericksburg Loop trip my intension is to give everyone a driving route sheet with points of interest along the way. If anyone would like to stop to smell the roses they can.
For example some people say that the Lyndon B. Johnson State Park and Historic site is great. But I know others would careless about it. :( Or maybe some people would like to spend more time in the wine shops. :rocker:

This way we can all do what interest us and still meet in Fredericksburg for site seeing, shopping, maybe dinner and the ride back to SA.

I will be checking on restaurants in Gruene for lunch and Fredericksburg for dinner to see what they have available.

Great! The Agenda is all yours! :blinzel: Whew! Here's a couple of suggestions ..... PM The Professor for his input and times .... and add this thread link to your signature so that those that are attending the Rendezvous have a quick reference to finding the agenda quickly! I will add the names to the drives as I see them appear .... it would be nice though if we could get all of these posts on one thread.:willy_nilly:

I am in process of contacting the professor on the agenda details. Mostly the time and agenda for Wednesday and Thursday nights.
I will keep a running post of the agenda in the “Rendezvous IV- San Antonio,Tx –May 20-24,2009” link when I hear back from him.

Until this time reference the agenda is as posted above in post #16.

Standby and I may keep this Link going to discuss trip options. When the agenda items are finalized then I will update the post in the “Rendezvous IV- San Antonio,Tx –May 20-24,2009” link.
Maybe this could help with the confusion of what are agenda/ trip options and want is a finalized schedule.
We will see how this approach will go. :willy_nilly:

Okay .... I removed all event information except for the trip rosters and provided a link to this thread ... :blinzel: :)

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I have been checking on couple of places in San Antonio for beer time. :bar00:[/FONT]

There was some interest in the Cadillac Bar and Restaurant for Saturday afternoon.
They were very excited to have a bunch of Cadillac's show up at there place. :rocker:
They are open for lunch Monday- Friday and can order off the main menu with a small group. On Saturday their hours are 4:00PM-2:00AM for lunch they would give us a private room with a buffet menu.
Buffet prices would range from $8.50 - $16.00 PP based on menu selections of taco platter to Barbecue platter.

They were more than willing to rope off the parking lot. :worship: I think that they were very excited to be able to take pictures of a row of XLR's at their place.

At this time they do have a room available upstairs. There is a $200.00 deposit that is applied to the meal cost. She said that rooms are filling due to graduations!
Full Bar will be open.
The Cadillac Bar phone number is 210-223-5533 (last big gathering?)

One of the hot spots on the upper part of the riverwalk is Howl at the Moon.

This two level place has comedy routines while playing dueling pianos. We have been there a few times it has always been a HOOT.

Tables of 4 can be reserved for a fee, included in the fee is no waiting, cover and the first round of drinks. The tables are reserved until 9:00 to keep them after that there is a charge of $50 for the first hour then more $$ after 2 hour. :pukeface:
Tables prices range from 1st thru 3rd rows. Sun - Thur $100 - $80, Friday $120 - $100, Sat $150 - $130. There is also three + rows on the second level, these are waiting line first come first serve.

The times we went we did a walk-up and was on the second floor. These seats are not bad if you are in front row, but you can have problems seeing from the back.
There can be long waiting lines on weekends or special conventions
The phone number is 210-212-4770.
http://www.howlatthemoon.com/

Let me know if there is any interest or questions
later

Cadillac's sounds great .... ! :cool:

I don't think we need our own room for a quick lunch, do we???

I agree :)

I suggested that at the time that we prefer normal seating and order off the menu. They were insistent on a room and having a buffet meal. (probably due to the fact that it is a sure event with the deposit)

Like Stand-by said, it's all in the numbers. If we could bring 27 cars and 50-55 people they may change their mind.

Now that they had a chance to think about all the XLRs coming to their place, they may work with me a little. I'll call and talk to the owner tomorrow. When I called I talked to the reservations manager. She wanted me to call back and talk to the owner. So I will! :talk:

I'll let you know if I find out anything

I to agree,
Much better to order off the menu so people can have what they want for lunch. Just let him know to gear up for a big crowd on top of his normal routine and he will catch on if he knows how to run a restaurant.
This is why I hate weddings and planned events for food because you stuck with two items to choose from.
No no no!

We too don't want a buffet or a planned lunch ... this is just supposed to be a spontaneous drive and a stop for lunch ...... isn't it???? If he wants to park our cars, that's great ... but probably not everyone will want to do this lunch just like everyone isn't doing every other thing together.
Well .... hmmmm, that's my thought .... :blinzel:
I don't understand their reasoning, and I've never heard of a restaurant insisting on customers going into their own room and insisting on what kind of lunch they could have.

We too don't want a buffet or a planned lunch ... this is just supposed to be a spontaneous drive and a stop for lunch ...... isn't it???? If he wants to park our cars, that's great ... but probably not everyone will want to do this lunch just like everyone isn't doing every other thing together.
Well .... hmmmm, that's my thought .... :blinzel:
I don't understand their reasoning, and I've never heard of a restaurant insisting on customers going into their own room and insisting on what kind of lunch they could have.

Well.....it is because they are closed until 4:00 on Saturday with the exception of the banquet area.
If you want to be spontaneous it will have to after 4:00.

XLR05

Like RA said not everyone can or will be able to do everything planned. We will all just have to wait and see as things progress as we get there.

Like RA said not everyone can or will be able to do everything planned. We will all just have to wait and see as things progress as we get there.

I'm okay with a 4PM early dinner or late lunch .... :blinzel: Then we can leave and go back to the Riverwalk where we can safely stagger around .... :laugh:
Anyone else??

Blackbeards in CC

Hi Everyone,
Joe and & I are coming down from Dallas on Friday, so we can not go to CC with you, however, I have eaten at Blackbeards and the food was decent. Their "claim to fame" is the resident ghost!

Pam

I'm okay with a 4PM early dinner or late lunch .... :blinzel: Then we can leave and go back to the Riverwalk where we can safely stagger around .... :laugh:
Anyone else??
I am always up for a stagger. :D

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry