Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018

Insane?

Yep, so I'm either brilliant (because I have a back up), or completely insane (because of having 2 cars for which there's no parts or insurance or teleporters or or or :eek: :eek:). Or maybe I'm both! :laugh:

Think XLR parts are hard to find? Even worse for The Eldorado Convertible. Yup, two vehicles with next to no (0) sufficient parts availability. So "insane" does apply.

Ditto ! : )

I know I am very new here but…. I have to concur with nerkpowers. I think the Corvette owners that want to attend would have no ill feelings toward an XLR. I think in actuality these two vehicles are like siblings, the XLR just dresses a whole lot better. LoL :lol:

For those Corvette owners that snub the XLRs, so what, it is their loss. Let’s just all have fun and enjoy some comradeship with all those that want to attend.

I like Corvettes, I just like the XLR better, that doesn’t mean I would snub Corvette owners at a car show, XLRs are more refined to act like that. ;)

The Corvette is a unique car but the XLR is not just unique they are more, they one of kind. Let’s not forget they don’t build XLRs anymore but they still build Corvettes, so many that they are almost like a dime a dozen. I see Corvettes all the time at car shows, etc. I very rarely see an XLR.

I think a few Corvettes hanging out with us will just show the world how much more unique we are, I am sure the public will spend more time looking at our XLRs than any Corvette… I see them every day on the road. I am surprised with joy when I see an XLR.

Oh well that is my 2 cents, I just hope everyone can be friendly (be it XLR or Corvette) and enjoy this trip/homecoming/reunion.
We are all family; we all walk upright and have the same chassis… wink ;) wink ;)

Dave :thumbsup
:blinzel:

Yet my wife says my knuckles drag on the ground when I walk. :cool: Chauvinist? Me?

No Corvette Plant tours

Hi everyone,
Sorry to disappoint but as of July 2017 announcement their will be no corvette plant tours for 18 months.

Tell your Mom she is great! I am reviewing these plans with the boss right. She and I are discussing it right now. Me to her; do you want to go? Her answer? YES. Sign us up. So as I read this thread I'm trying to figure our where we say, "Yes, we are in!" ;) --- The Elvis/Graceland suggestion clinched it for my wife. She is an Elvis Fan Nut Case! :thumbsup

I will hit Chad up on the sign up posting to for him to ad us to the list. I'm trying to convince the boss to let T.J. (Tigger) come too. She says she doesn't want him in her lap the whole trip slobbering on her with his tongue hanging out with his head out the window with the 'stuff' flying back onto her. --- Hmmm? How unreasonable. :rolleyes: I told her to keep paper toweling handy, and that he is so darn cute in his Doggles and baseball cap he'd ad additional excitement to the trip. --- This discussion will be on-going for awhile I think. I'll probably lose this one.

Anyhow, Graceland? YES GREAT GREAT IDEA!

Yes thanks. I want to take the xlr but my mom doesn’t because she says it’s to uncomfortable for long trips. I chatted with a ex Xlr owner on our travel plans. She said she really doesn’t recommend taking the xlr into Memphis because that area isn’t a great area except for Graceland for parking the Xlr in. So I duno. Mom has her van but if we ride in that then I wouldn’t feel at home without my car. The only other thing I can think of is having a transporter that I know deliver it up to bowling green and back home. But idk what the price on that would be. Oh I could just have her drive the van and I would just wear my convertible life Xlr shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See You There!

Hey guys (and girls), just so you know, I look forward to meeting any or all of you at the reunion (Corvette Owners, Caddy Owners and any of your family members or friends).

My wife and I have never been to the factory in Bowling Green, so we're excited about the whole event.

I'm not a "race" guy, so I'm not interested in an all day "track day" although I would gladly pay whatever it cost to "drive" the caddy once around the track (if it's possible). Other than that, just seeing all the other XLR's will be worth the trip

Other than that, if you ever need to reach me quickly just email jgregdevlin@gmail.com or call 321-223-3685.

PS If you're ever in the Central Florida Area (Orlando, Daytona, Melbourne, Titusville, Cocoa etc.) touch base with me and we'll get together for lunch or dinner.

Take Care
Greg (Tikiman100)

My advice? Do what your Mom wants to do. : )

Yes thanks. I want to take the xlr but my mom doesn’t because she says it’s to uncomfortable for long trips. I chatted with a ex Xlr owner on our travel plans. She said she really doesn’t recommend taking the xlr into Memphis because that area isn’t a great area except for Graceland for parking the Xlr in. So I duno. Mom has her van but if we ride in that then I wouldn’t feel at home without my car. The only other thing I can think of is having a transporter that I know deliver it up to bowling green and back home. But idk what the price on that would be. Oh I could just have her drive the van and I would just wear my convertible life Xlr shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Hawkeye, we all know you own an XLR. So my 2 cents worth? Do what your Mom wants to do, wear your XLR Shirt, travel together and relax, visit together in the van, and save the money. ;)

Yet, sounds like this whole deal may now be kaput as a result of the post here from our Supporting Member in Bowling Green. --- Says no plant tour allowed next 18 months???? My guess? G.M. Vette Division has new Vette Production stuff inside they don't want anyone to see??? Maybe we could promise not to look, or loan them some sheets or something?

More info required I think?

Totally Agree With Your Assesment!

Perhaps there's a bit of envy ...the XLR is aesthetically far more attractive and pleasing to look at than most contemporary sports cars; and, owing to its limited production numbers and rarity, it receives so much more "p;ublic" attention from total strangers than most cars. When I was driving an Allante 20 years ago, I received a similar reaction from strangers..."It's so beautiful," and sometimes, " I didn't know Cadillac made a two seater roadster." I don't think it has much to do with the brand or who's driving the car... it's simply a standout , rare, and a gorgeous automobile. Happy day, James

When the boss finally gave me clearance three years ago to get a 'Sports Car' I was considering a Corvette Convert, or Mercedes SL Convert. Her advice? "Get an XLR." --- "Why do you want to drive something like this that you see hundreds of, if not thousands of, and everywhere? Go for comfort and unique."

I can guarantee, there will be NO assembly plant tours when we are there. When they say they are shutting down tours for a specific time they mean it. With the possibility of the mid engine Corvette and new C8 model in the works, you may not even find out what color options will be available until there is a press release.

When the boss finally gave me clearance three years ago to get a 'Sports Car' I was considering a Corvette Convert, or Mercedes SL Convert. Her advice? "Get an XLR." --- "Why do you want to drive something like this that you see hundreds of, if not thousands of, and everywhere? Go for comfort and unique."

No Doubt.

I can guarantee, there will be NO assembly plant tours when we are there. When they say they are shutting down tours for a specific time they mean it. With the possibility of the mid engine Corvette and new C8 model in the works, you may not even find out what color options will be available until there is a press release.

Hi Cubby,

I'm sure you are correct in your assessment. I suggested to Chad that we do the Rally anyhow, and include part of the trip to include their car museum? Maybe we can get a smidgen of involvement/acceptance from The G.M. folks in Bowling Green?

I got a private message about what is the schedule for this event. I'm sticking to everything in post #133! Sometimes you just have to go back and look at all the old posts!

Last edited:
Getting Friday Sept. 28 nailed down!! Talked to Debbie at the NCM today. Here's what we're doing Friday!

Chad,
Here is the suggested itinerary.

9:30 Arrive and tour the National Corvette Museum
11:00 Box Lunch (Assorted Wraps)
12:00 Depart for RC Components
12:30 Tour RC Components
1:30 Depart for Chaney’s
1:45 Chaney’s Farm Tour & Ice Cream
3:15 Depart for ???

Remember this $29/head. We get a box lunch at NCM and ice cream at Chaney's. We'll have a lead car to take us to RC Components and I think to Chaney's also. Someone messaged me about touring the Holley Carb plant that is in BG. I asked Debbie, not going to happen, they stopped doing tours there.

15th Year reunion

I am still in , I haven't searched the thread
Is there a host hotel for this event ?

Thanks for the info, I did find a hotel after searching the thread, but was unsure of what hotel everyone will be staying. I'm looking forward to meeting and making New friends.

Please Add Me to the List

Hi All,
Good morning. Just another sunny day in Paradise and only 60 days til Spring. Please add Catcottf plus 1 to the list.
Thanks and I look forward to meeting everyone.
Fred

Hi All,
Good morning. Just another sunny day in Paradise and only 60 days til Spring. Please add Catcottf plus 1 to the list.
Thanks and I look forward to meeting everyone.
Fred

Done. You're on the roster.

Have not been on the forum for quite some time, but recently were notified of the 2018 Rendezvous in Bowling Green.

We were involved in the organization of the 2007 and 2008 Rendezvous and were proud XLR owners, having owned a total of 6 different ones. We currently own Corvettes and sadly no longer have an XLR.

Will keep monitoring the thread and have not determined if it would be possible to attend the Rendezvous, although no longer XLR owners. Will have to see if we are able to make it.

Jim and Jean Stokes
Las Vegas, NV

Hope you can make it, Jim! It would be great to see you & Jean again. Haven't seen you since San Antonio!

Have not been on the forum for quite some time, but recently were notified of the 2018 Rendezvous in Bowling Green.

We were involved in the organization of the 2007 and 2008 Rendezvous and were proud XLR owners, having owned a total of 6 different ones. We currently own Corvettes and sadly no longer have an XLR.

Will keep monitoring the thread and have not determined if it would be possible to attend the Rendezvous, although no longer XLR owners. Will have to see if we are able to make it.

Jim and Jean Stokes
Las Vegas, NV

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry