Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018

I'm still working on the payment to NCM for the tour and bag lunch. I thought I could pay down 1/2 of it. and then NCM would charge everyone and we'd settle up later. But NO,, their computer system can't do that (dang). And I think keeping track of who has payed and who hasn't and check names off as we go would be a nightmare! So I'm thinking of paying the whole thing myself, and when you get the wrist bands (i think we'll get wrist bands) at NCM getting the money then from everyone. As some of you know, our meets are kind of a disorganize ciaos! :chuckle I know a lot of people has said that they can pay me now (and I thank you!!) but keeping track of names is tough, hopefully I can do it this way.

I really want to do this again, had fun at the 10th anniversary and would love to tour some local facilities, natural attractions and lots of local roads.

I take it you are talking about the last week of September, the first day I see mentioned is Tuesday - so Tuesday September 25th?!?

......SO for me that is the charity event I am 'immersed' in but heck I could leave the next morning stupid early and arrive around dinner time Wednesday!

Count us in! Graytoad: Sandy & Steve Gray (or as Steve sometimes refers to himself as 'Mr. Sandy'!)

Can I suggest someone figure out how to add the date in at the beginning of this thread? Took forever to figure out when this is planned for....
my mom and I just booked hotel Hilton gardens
group dinner where and when
friday 28th museum where and time
dinnwr where and when
sat 29th car show where but attending show but not driving the xlr😞
sunday 30 th morning breakfast where and time

Ok just made hotel reservations at Hilton gardens inn bowling green. But before heading to bowling green mom and I will be heading to visit Graceland on the 24th-26th or 27th. She wants to go stay in the all new guest house at Graceland. My mom wants to also stop in tupilo where Elvis grew up. After the Graceland adventure we will Then head up to bowling green to see all the xlr owners. So all in all mom and I will be gone probably a week. Looking forward to finally meeting everyone that I’ve been chatting with either on this site or on Facebook. Unfortunately I will not be taking the Xlr up because if 2 reasons. One because mom says it’s uncomfortable for long distances (she’s used to her van) the other is I heard from a x Xlr owner saying be careful around the Memphis area with the Xlr. Some parts of Memphis are not good areas for a flashy car like the XLR.
B02AFEFA-D56E-4CEC-97CC-18C898BFE577.jpg

I would beg to differ on that remark! There were five of us that stayed in Memphis, a block from Beale St. on our way back from our trip to San Antonio in 2009. We never had one problem.

...........the other is I heard from a x Xlr owner saying be careful around the Memphis area with the Xlr. Some parts of Memphis are not good areas for a flashy car like the XLR.
View attachment 7961

It's a bit of a Jaunt. So maybe not for us?

Ok just made hotel reservations at Hilton gardens inn bowling green. But before heading to bowling green mom and I will be heading to visit Graceland on the 24th-26th or 27th. She wants to go stay in the all new guest house at Graceland. My mom wants to also stop in tupilo where Elvis grew up. After the Graceland adventure we will Then head up to bowling green to see all the xlr owners. So all in all mom and I will be gone probably a week. Looking forward to finally meeting everyone that I’ve been chatting with either on this site or on Facebook. Unfortunately I will not be taking the Xlr up because if 2 reasons. One because mom says it’s uncomfortable for long distances (she’s used to her van) the other is I heard from a x Xlr owner saying be careful around the Memphis area with the Xlr. Some parts of Memphis are not good areas for a flashy car like the XLR.
View attachment 7961[/QUOTE

Hi Hawkeye,
Sounds like a plan for you and your Mom. ;) We mapped the drive from Bowling Green the other day on Rand McNally. They say it is 4 hours each way from Bowling Green to Memphis. Which would mean we'd have to take two days out of the Bowling Green trip and stay overnight in Memphis with The XLR parked outside, unless we also did a similar leave early deal. Based on your comments, with which I agree, simply not worth the risk with our XLR. So our prior thoughts on a Graceland visit for this occasion are Kaput. - FYI.
:wave:

Where is the event daily planner?

Finally got around to booking the hotel. Unfortunately we wont arrive until Wednesday afternoon/evening as this once again is the same week of my big charity Chili Fest fundraiser which is on Tuesday, late day. I will be packed and ready to go so we can head out real early Wednesday morning. :burnout:It is just over 10 hours for us: barring any delay at the US/Canada border.

Anyway, I am trying to find the posting with the event daily planner: wondering what I am going to miss Wednesday and what is planned on the Saturday/Sunday? Is there a 'car show' on Saturday like there was on the 10th anniversary? Is check out Sunday? unless we decide to stay longer......OR are any others thinking about possible post event return excursions? (I know Hawkeye is doing a 'pre-event' trip to Graceland)

Thanks!

Last edited:
All Y’all. Do not have my XLR any more however, heard of the reunion from BobW and Crimson Pearl. Plan on making an appearance however not sure how long I will be in town.
Chad and Rogene; thank you for taking on this monumental task. Let me know if I can help.

New folks; last I heard all are welcome so please do not derail this thread with obscure side issues. It works best when you are either confirming your attendance or offering assistance as requested.

Great hearing from you, Dave. Looking forward to seeing you in Bowling Green. :cool:

Thank you for your words of wisdom. :rocker:

Roundtable discussion

I've got one night that I don't have a meal planned yet. I was thinking of a "pizza night". At one of other meets, we just gathered in the hotel lobby, everyone pitched in a few $'s and we had pizzas delivered (and BYOB), remember that Cubby? It was fun! Have the round table then. What'd think?

I believe that would work fine!

What do others think?

Made Reservations

Just made our reservations at the Courtyard Marriot. See you on the 26th. Keeping an eye out for the daily itinerary.

Ready to go!

Victor-V & Beauty are tucked in for a practice load in the trailer Mike got (not just to use for BG either!). Originally it was just bare plywood, he painted it, wired up lights, installed a winch, & I don’t know what all else. We hope to take a lot of trips to car shows etc.

Attachments

• 85F6A37F-DDE4-48B3-BB6C-B52BA49C92E6.jpg
    85F6A37F-DDE4-48B3-BB6C-B52BA49C92E6.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 314
With that big of a trailer, Mike probably had to get a Ford to pull it! :laugh::lol::laugh::lol::chuckle:chuckle

I need one of those! I have a baby one, that will haul one car. Also have the winch and carpeted floors.

Mike probably had to get a Ford to pull it! :laugh::lol::laugh::lol::chuckle:chuckle

You’re actually right Cubby - he did get a Ford to pull it! He wants to take the GT500 to Ford events, said he was less likely to get beat up by GM folks for having a Ford, than getting beat up by Mustang owners for having something else! :chuckle:laugh:

From 2015

I came across this note I posted here three years ago! I think it pretty much sums up the fact that the cars are secondary to the friendships made because of them. Chicago Dave has The Barbie Car now, and she's undergone a "change" but I know she/he? is loved and appreciated! Dave even bought her/us a brick at the museum!

Anyway, DD and I may come to Bowling Green with his Grand Sport. We don't need to be in any parades - just wanna see our friends!
Here's what I wrote back then and it's still true! I hope the new generation of XLR owners can have the experiences and appreciation of the 'soul' of the XLR we've had. :grouphug:

~Quinn

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Verdana; color: #222222; -webkit-text-stroke: #222222}span.s1 {font-kerning: none; background-color: #ffffff}span.s2 {font-kerning: none}</style>
Returning from the Carmel show, THE BARBIE CAR hit 50,000 miles!!! We got our '07-V in 2008 with 3,000 miles on it. First thing we did was drive it from Wisconsin to Rendezvous III in Bowling Green, where we were introduced to the group that would take on the (well-deserved) name "Midwest Marauders." From that time on, every mile we've driven to join up with the group has been well worth it! Bowling Green; Madison IN; San Antonio; Colorado Springs; Outer Banks; ALMS & Cadillac races in Ohio, Florida, Georgia and Wisconsin; Spring Drives; Fall Drives; and just "let's meet up and party" [Bobfest, Cubby's, George's] Drives! The friendships that have come because of this car are precious and real - and seems like every time we get together, new and amazing folks join the crew.

I'm sad when I see XLRs with such low miles - their owners are missing soooo much fun. So, "Happy 50K, to The Barbie Car" - every mile has brought a smile! Thank you! Now, please continue to be trouble-free for another 50,000!

Quinn -

Sure hope you guys can come! Would love to see you & was hoping just because Barbie left you for Chicago Dave wouldn’t mean you would leave us. And we need an “encore” from your Dave, should be more room for the guitar!

She will always be Barbie car

I came across this note I posted here three years ago! I think it pretty much sums up the fact that the cars are secondary to the friendships made because of them. Chicago Dave has The Barbie Car now, and she's undergone a "change" but I know she/he? is loved and appreciated! Dave even bought her/us a brick at the museum!

Anyway, DD and I may come to Bowling Green with his Grand Sport. We don't need to be in any parades - just wanna see our friends!
Here's what I wrote back then and it's still true! I hope the new generation of XLR owners can have the experiences and appreciation of the 'soul' of the XLR we've had. :grouphug:

~Quinn

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Verdana; color: #222222; -webkit-text-stroke: #222222}span.s1 {font-kerning: none; background-color: #ffffff}span.s2 {font-kerning: none}</style>
Returning from the Carmel show, THE BARBIE CAR hit 50,000 miles!!! We got our '07-V in 2008 with 3,000 miles on it. First thing we did was drive it from Wisconsin to Rendezvous III in Bowling Green, where we were introduced to the group that would take on the (well-deserved) name "Midwest Marauders." From that time on, every mile we've driven to join up with the group has been well worth it! Bowling Green; Madison IN; San Antonio; Colorado Springs; Outer Banks; ALMS & Cadillac races in Ohio, Florida, Georgia and Wisconsin; Spring Drives; Fall Drives; and just "let's meet up and party" [Bobfest, Cubby's, George's] Drives! The friendships that have come because of this car are precious and real - and seems like every time we get together, new and amazing folks join the crew.

I'm sad when I see XLRs with such low miles - their owners are missing soooo much fun. So, "Happy 50K, to The Barbie Car" - every mile has brought a smile! Thank you! Now, please continue to be trouble-free for another 50,000!
Such nice words, Quinny. You are so right about the friendships gained with the XLR. I can't believe how blessed i am to have each of you i call friends - and looking forward to meeting new ones in Bowling Green this September. Sure hope you and Dave show up. 😎 Barbie car misses you. 😊

Meeting up with Friends

Quinn,
We can have our own two car caravan down to BG. Supa & I are still planning on attending the event in September, even though Scarlett-V is in a new home in Central Michigan. I talked to the gentleman that bought her and it sounds like she is in great place. He is an exotic car collector and has always wanted an XLR. His friend at the dealership I traded her in at, called him as soon as I unloaded her from the trailer!

We are going to see all the friends we made over the years and hopefully make more! Don't forget to bring your MM shirts!

Quinn, Dave, I hope you two can make the trip!! We need some entertainment for the nights!! Dave, brush up on the songs!! And don't forget our "theme song", Sweet Caroline!

Thanks Chad

Roxy has 2k to the 100,000 mile day“

~Quinn

Roxy loves to roll, while out on a beautiful top down stroll this past Sunday evening she rolled over 98k, but she still looks very close to brand new!

Last edited:
All Y’all. Do not have my XLR any more however, heard of the reunion from BobW and Crimson Pearl. Plan on making an appearance however not sure how long I will be in town.
Chad and Rogene; thank you for taking on this monumental task. Let me know if I can help.

New folks; last I heard all are welcome so please do not derail this thread with obscure side issues. It works best when you are either confirming your attendance or offering assistance as requested.

Hey Dave, hope you can make it..... long time..... no see! WOW It may of been Gettysburg Event!

Our FREE HILTON Room is booked

Hi ya’ll....Wendy and I are booked at Hilton next door to Marriott. We could not resist the free stay with HH Honors Points, If we can leave earlier enough Wedsenday, we may arrive that evening, if not will be arriving early Thursday afternoon, of course depending on traffic. So Chad is there a dinner setup for these evening’s and Chad could you please post the newest updated plans for the whole week event? Can’t wait to see our past XLR Friends and meet our new ones. The past events that we, was lucky enough to get to attend, made for such great memories and with so many good times too. Quinn and Dave if you do decide to come please do throw the ole guitar in with the luggage for some good sing along jam time!!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom