Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Advice on wind restrictor...

C

CADXLR-V

The folks at dynamicautoconcepts.com made a custom design for me (see below). It's difficult for me to tell just how it will look once it's engraved, but thought I would ask for opinions/comments from the members here. Also, to those who have purchased or seen one of these in person, is getting the add-on to make it light up worth it or does it look kind of cheesy? Thanks!

supercharged_V_small.jpg

I think the design would look AWESOME!! I personally don't have a restrictor as of yet, but am planning one as my next purchase. From what I have seen, the lights are pretty cool, making the design quite noticeable at night as well as in the daylight.

I think your design looks great. My wife and I both have windrestrictors on our XLR, with the light feature. I think that they work great. The light up feature doesn't do much in the daylight, but when parked at an evening car show or cruise night, the light up feature is great.

OK, thanks for the advice. I guess I'll get it done with the red lights.

I think your design looks great. My wife and I both have windrestrictors on our XLR, with the light feature. I think that they work great. The light up feature doesn't do much in the daylight, but when parked at an evening car show or cruise night, the light up feature is great.

I saw a 09 platinum edition in the showroom at my caddy dealer. Really sweet! Have you posted pics somewhere on here?

Haven't gotten around to it yet. I currently have an 09 Platinum edition in Black Cherry with cashmere interior. I really enjoy the upgrades from the prior years models. I can relate to the changes because we had one or two of each years models except 07, and I don't think they made any changes that year.

Uh-oh .... I think all of the windrestrictor pictures were posted on the old forum .... I'd like to see them again here ... :blinzel:

Here's ours for Lola ....

jpg.gif

That's a great design! Wish I've came up with it! I'm jealous.... Back to the drawing board for me! Gotta come up with something else!

Chad

That's a great design! Wish I've came up with it! I'm jealous.... Back to the drawing board for me! Gotta come up with something else!

Chad

No patent on the design... You are welcome to use it if you want. I'm adding a small Cadillac crest to each side that will be centered behind the seat headrests. Can't take credit for adding the crest, I stole the idea from fellow member "suitntie". :cool:

So you can get an idea of what the V badge looks like, here is two pics to check out.
IMG_0744_2.jpg

Daywindscreen.jpg

Red is best because of legal DMV laws for other colors in the rear.

No patent on the design... You are welcome to use it if you want. I'm adding a small Cadillac crest to each side that will be centered behind the seat headrests. Can't take credit for adding the crest, I stole the idea from fellow member "suitntie". :cool:

So you can get an idea of what the V badge looks like, here is two pics to check out.
IMG_0744_2.jpg

Daywindscreen.jpg

Red is best because of legal DMV laws for other colors in the rear.

Very nice! I placed the order for mine this afternoon. Thanks!

I finally placed the order for my "windrestrictor". Not sure what their turn around time is, but I'm in no hurry. Any install advice I should know that may not be covered in the install instructions? I got the battery pack and the headlight/breaklight connections, but not sure if I will connect them. Gonna play around with it using the battery pack and see if I want to hard wire it or not.

I personally know Steven who owns Windrestrictor and your dealing with the best type of people anywhere and that includes church.
Just follow the instructions and it should take about a half hour to bolt it on. The wiring will take a little longer but well worth the looks you get at night. The 9 Volt battery will not last very long, so I would suggest hooking the unit up the way it is intended to be, plus your wasting a lot of money by not hooking it up.
Steven or his crew (family)will help you with any problems of installation.
I finally placed the order for my "windrestrictor". Not sure what their turn around time is, but I'm in no hurry. Any install advice I should know that may not be covered in the install instructions? I got the battery pack and the headlight/breaklight connections, but not sure if I will connect them. Gonna play around with it using the battery pack and see if I want to hard wire it or not.

Cubby istalled ours himself. He said it wasn't hard to do. If you have any questions PM him. :D

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom