Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

After market parts!!! Let us know!!!!

JCP

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Gold Mist XLR
Hey guys me again.

Alright so we had this great car we spent all that money on and like any car enthusiast we think....how much more can I spend in upgrades!!! Ha ha ha

So let us know which sits or parts you know about that we can upgrade our XLR's with. I personally like this site.

http://www.d3cadillac.com/

Has some basic upgrades for the XLR and XLR-V models. Such as intakes CPU flashes and many supercharger upgrades. More for the XLR-V then XLR

Has anyone seen any upgrades for the body? Oh and man does that new 09 XLR exhaust look awesome. I got a quote for $1800 for the muffles and tips... I think it’s a little much. But he did mention it will lower as of next year.

OK...post them and let us have a brief description on what on the site!

These cars don't have the aftermarket support like the Corvettes. That could be good or bad, but there are many tasteful accessories available to us. You'll see and hear about them here.
Bruce

Upgrades

The only upgrades for the base XLR that I beleive give you something for the money are Air Intake upgrades and K&N filters; changing the exhaust system to a less restrictive system i.e. Corsa Exhaust system. I don't beleive there are any chip upgrades, but I could be wrong.

XLR ECMs must be reprogrammed or flashed (along with all GM vehicles from'96). There aren't "chips" anymore.

Bruce :)

Upgrades

I have added the K&N filters and changed the exhaust system to a less restrictive system i.e. Corsa Exhaust system. Gas milage only increased about 1.5 MPG. It does seem to have more get up. I plan to have it put on a DYNO next weekend just to see if it did make a differance.

Thx.

Tony :)

I added the Lund cat back exhaust, Lund intake, racing pedals, had the interior done intwo tone, added the chrome grill and had the OEM wheels chromed. The previous owner had done the mudflaps.

Attachments

• intake.jpg
    intake.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 453
When you guys add exhaust, filters, air intakes your not going to notice anything unless you have your vehicles computer flashed, so take it to a speed shop and dyno it, have them flash it and then dyno again. I have the sheets that I could put into photobucket and then put them up here so you can see them but the flash line is in yellow while the first dyno was in red and it would be hard to see.
When you start adding HP to this car you need to drop the shift points about 200 RPM's to make the shift points better.
The flashing on my car didn't add but about 30 hp but then again they found my car was running very hot HP on the first dyno and they couldn't improve on it much.
I posted the numbers but some of you may not have seen them.
What D3 Design in Signal Hill, CA called wicked is what my car is. 445 at the rear wheels and 565 at the fly wheel. They have no answer why, but I was told if I decided to trade it in, they wanted it to find out why this V is so much hotter from the factory than any other they have worked on.They swore I had it to another speed shop.
I have added the K&N filters and changed the exhaust system to a less restrictive system i.e. Corsa Exhaust system. Gas milage only increased about 1.5 MPG. It does seem to have more get up. I plan to have it put on a DYNO next weekend just to see if it did make a differance.

Thx.

Tony :)

I would caution against air intakes and exhaust changes that significantly increase air flow - to the point the factory ECM/MAF cannot compensate, creating a very lean, dangerous situation for your motor. Many of today's automobiles operate from the factory with fuel economy as their primary goal. When altered, they lean out pretty quickly. I have installed K&N filters in almost every car I have ever owned without issue and they have them for the GT500 - but dyno testing has shown they provide just enough extra air they lean the mix too far. Without a new tune, they are not worth the risk.

Just a word of caution!

Doesn't the flashing take care of the changes? If not why did I spend $650 to get it dyno tuned and flashed?
Bob, If D3 did you flash then I would think you are good to go. they know their stuff. The concern would be if someone that was not familiar with the cars came up with his own map to flash.

Doesn't the flashing take care of the changes? If not why did I spend $650 to get it dyno tuned and flashed?

When they dyno-tuned your car they re-aligned the fuel/air mixture, maximizing power gains while assuring safe operation. Well-worth the cost as you have already discovered. :beerchug:
What I was referencing earlier was the installation of intakes without any turning or even checking to see how the new part is affecting air/fuel mixtures.

Just got mine finished last week (dyno-tuned) after installing a JLT CAI. :naughty: My exhaust system will not be here until next week. Then they will re-tune it again.

True, every time you add something you have to get it flashed again to take advantage of the items you installed. D3 drops their price to $200 after the first dyno and flash if they do more work. After December 6th when D3 and I go to Fontana drag strip to gets some numbers, which I will put up on photobucket and drop in a thread. They want to play with it to see if they can get more, but they or I don't think so. Guess we will find out in about one week just what this puppy will do.
Long time since I've seen that Christmas tree, but luckily I'm not racing anyone. I'm just going for the
0-60 and 1/4. numbers.

Does anyone have the Lambo style doors? How do they work?

Has anyone seen any body kits or add ons? Something to further compliment the body’s styling or add to the aerodynamics? There has to be something... Fill us in folks!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom