Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Arthritis Car Show & Shawshank Redemption Trail - July 5-9

For anyone who might be interested. I have reserved an extra room at the Columbus Marriott Northwest. PM me if you are interested in coming to the Arthritis show and can't find a room.
Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staying one night at B&B

Cindy and I are going to make it to the Bed and Breakfast for only Wednesday (Cindy couldn't get Tuesday off). We are in for the RRHOF trip on Thursday. Devin will meet us in Dublin on Thursday (Jared will stay home with the pets - no parties). We will have the CTX Wagon and the XLR at the shows. Looking forward to seeing all our XLR friends. :)

Hey everybody! Can't make the B&B or Mansville Reformatory but we will meet you at the Rock Hall and continue the rest of the trip. Anxious to see you all.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Nils, Dave,
Fantastic that you will be joining us for the Rock and Roll HOF part of the trip, and the Arthritis Show show, too.

Chicago Dave, Nils and anyone else who would like to join us, Fireduck, Cubby, myself and our wives are still doing the B&B, Shawshank Redemption trail on Wednesday & Thursday. It would be great to have other XLRs join us. Here is a tentative itinerary for the week.

Tuesday July 5th - Arrive at B&B in Ohio Amish Country. Dinner - Raven's Glen Winery, Coshocton.

Wednesday July 6th - Tour of Mansfield Reformatory - Location of the Shawshank Redemption filming. Lunch, tour Ohio Amish Country. Dinner - Millersburg Brewery

Thursday July 7th - Group vote here. Choose between Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland or NFL Football Hall of Fame, Canton. Bob, Cubby and anyone else interested in joining us, please reply with your choice. After the HOF tour, drive to Columbus, Check into Hotel.
Dinner - Hofbrauhaus Columbus. (1 of 12 in the world, original in Munich).

Friday - Cruise In. We need to arrive no later than 10AM as there are no designated parking areas, so arriving early means we get the best places to park. Dinner - LaScala's. We had such a great time two years ago, I thought we should do it again.

Saturday - Arthritis Foundation Car Show. Registration 7:30 - 11:00. Judging, 11:30 - 3:30. Award Ceremony - 5:30PM.
Dinner - Please reply with your preference - Steak/Seafood restaurant or Informal/Tavern restaurant.

If anyone is still interested in either part of the trip and is having difficulty with a hotel please PM me. While I was not able to block rooms, I have a few rooms reserved at the Columbus Marriott Northwest.

Tim

Looks like an AWESOME event! :thumbsup Have fun & be safe :wave:

update?

Just curious, who all is coming to this event? I have lost track! :burnout:

Sandy, thanks for the reminder. I've been meaning to post the latest

Attendees - Amish Country B&B, Shawshank & Rock & Roll HOF

Gray toad (Sandy & Steve)
Cubby (Kevin & Marion)
Chicago Dave (Dave & Cindy)
Fireduck (Bob & Marianne)
Nerkpowers (Tim & Beth)

Nils ( Nils & Elise) will meet us at the R&R Hall of Fame and proceed with us to Columbus.

Joining us Thursday
Tiffiny's Dad ( Mark and Kris)
Devin and brother

Possible
Beepen ( Boyd & daughters)
Cadillac Tech (Bruce & Kathy)

Need ideas for apparel this year. What do folks think? Black shirts with Red XLR logo or white hats w/ red/black XLR logo?? I wish we could do the Cadillac logo, I have a really good design that I could use (no can do, Copyright issues).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi Everybody!
Whoohoo, time's flying. We up north wait forever for summer and, BOOM! It's halfway through. Since we haven't seen any comments about shirts or hats, we'll put in our 2 cents. We both prefer shirts to hats but not picky about the color. Black and red sounds swell. (Slimming! Ha!). Wondering if there was any word about special parking at the Rock Hall. We drove down there the other day and otherwise the closest is all meter parking on the street, unless we missed something. (of course garage parking, $$$) Also, we checked on their cafe and they are in the process of changing vendors. It has always been a burger and fries kind of place but nobody could tell us if that was changing or what. Lots of other great places around town or we could eat on the way to Dublin. We have friends, Bob and Tina, in a Corvette who are going to meet up with us on the ride down. Okay, that's about it. Boy, we may not comment on the forum often but when we do, you can't shut us up. (I say 'us' but if you know us, you know this is Elise.)

Looking forward to seeing new and old friends,
Nils and Elise

P.S. Keep in mind that you will be most likely hitting some notorious rush hour traffic if you're heading North on I71.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Nils,
I plan on updating a final itinerary this weekend. I'm out of town all week and will do when I have more time, that way it sounds more coherent (at least compared to my normal diatribes).

The short answer to your question is, they couldn't set aside a special area, but the Manager at the R&R Hall gave me a place to park that would allow us to park together as a group. A surface lot just east of 9th on Marginal Rd. Final details to come on Fri/Saturday.
Tim

Tim, I love the shirts you did for last years cruises, so I'm good with shirts. Black would be different.

Black shirts!

I'm in on the shirts! Black is my second favorite color after Red! One men's medium please. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!!

Just put new shoes on Scarlett-V, so she's ready to run hard and leave some of that new rubber in Ohio.

Well - black IS my favorite color. :)

Tim - I will take a 2XL for myself. And an XL for Devin. (two shirts total)

We are really looking forward to this trip - so glad you are doing shirts again ... my favorite XLR shirts are all of the ones that you have done for various events (and my "Chicago Dave" one).

Thanks again. Can't wait to see the gang again.

Dave :cool:

I'm in on the shirts! Black is my second favorite color after Red! One men's medium please. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!!

Just put new shoes on Scarlett-V, so she's ready to run hard and leave some of that new rubber in Ohio.

This is the final update for the Shawshank/Rock &Roll Tour

Attendees

Cubby & Supa
Fireduck (& Marianne)
Gray toad (& Steve)
Nerkpowers (&Beth)
Chicago Dave (&Cindy)
Nils (&Elise)
Tiffany's Dad (&Kris)
Devin & Jared

I have exchanged messages with Beepen and he will join us for some of the festivities. If you haven't registered for the show, yet, the link is provided below

https://www.kintera.org/AutoGen/Reg...I6MUJlIPI7ONLiJXI6PVKlISJ7PQJkJRJ9OULhISJdP6E

Itinerary

Tuesday - Arrive at The White Oak Inn B&B.
Dinner - Ravens Glen Winery, Coshocton. It is a 1/2 hour drive thru Amish Country

Wednesday - Mansfield Reformatory/Shawshank Redemption Tour
Leave B&B at 8:45 to arrive in Mansfield at 10AM
I have arranged a Tour Guide for our group. It will cost more, but we should get an excellent tour through the old penitentiary. I expect the tour to last 2 1/2 hours.
Lunch - Mrs. Yoder's Kitchen, Mt. Hope
Other points of interest Homestead Furniture (locally Amish made furniture), Hershberger Bakery, Troyers Country Market - Local cheese, sausages and bulk food store. Downtown Berlin - heart of Ohio Amish Country. I'll have addresses printed out in case we get separated.
Dinner - Millersburg Brewery

Thursday
Leave for Cleveland/Rock & Roll Hall of Fame @ 8:45AM. Takes 1 1/2 hrs to get there.
I have been in touch with the General Manager. They were not able to guarantee us parking together, but he said no issue on a Wednesday. He suggests the surface lot just east of 9th on Marginal. . He also gave me tips on which floors to visit first and so on.
We will meet Nils & Elise and their Corvette friends at the parking area. We will do lunch on the fly. We should plan to leave no later than 3PM, that will get us back to Columbus about 5-5:30.
Dinner - 7PM, Haufbrauhaus Columbus. We will meet at the Marriott Northwest (5605 Blazer Pkwy, Dublin)and caravan from there. We will be in the room upstairs. They said that on a Thursday, if we park on top of the parking garage, we should be able to park together.

Friday - Arthritis Foundation Cruise In.
Go to the Hilton Garden Inn on the Metro Place North, Dublin to pick up your packets for the Cruise-In and Car Show. We will meet at the Marriott Columbus Northwest at 9:00 and drive together from there. I have a canopy and I think Mark does,too. Parking spots are first come first serve, therefore the early start. Awards are at 8:30PM, but we usually wrap up about 5PM to get cleaned up for dinner.
Dinner - LaScala's, 6:30 PM. I made reservations for 17 people. Meet at Marriott NW and caravan there or just meet there at 6:30.

Saturday - Arthritis Foundation Car Show.
Registration 7:30-11:00AM. Show begins at 10:00 AM. Judging is 11:30 to 3:30. There is a designated area for the Cadillac Roasters, there will be a map I your packet. Everyone just goes to the designated area before 11:00. Awards Ceremony at 5:30.
Dinner - The Blarney Stone Pub & Restaurant. 7PM

I have made reservations for each night (17 for Thurs, Fri and Sat) so if you think you might join us and aren't on the list, please let me know
As soon a s possible so I can adjust the reservations. Any question, post them here or PM me. If I'm missing anything, chime in. We are one week away!

Last edited:
Ok, shirt orders are in.

Cubby - One Men's Med
Chicago Dave - one 2XL, one XL , both Men's
Fireduck - one Men's Large

I am going to reduce the Rock Hall logo so it is below the XLR logo, but here is the embroidery going on the shirt. I will also put the Arthritis Foundation Car Show on the sleeve. If anyone else is interested, we can get Ladies styles as well.

I'll need orders by Wednesday night if anyone is still interested.
f9f54adb691b7239f0a683d19e712b93.jpg
951e6dfa0daaac64ce3a5de26c6453e1.jpg

The shirts will be black, this is just a picture of the style of shirt.
Tim

Hi :wave: all........ sounds like a great time, but we will be missing out on a exciting event! Wendy & I are going to miss seeing everyone again on this event gathering, It's always so much fun when we get together. We would like to say say hi to everyone and hope you are all doing well. House painting and new metal roofing is stealing all the funds this year.......LOL
Tim can you shipped the shirts and what is the price? If so I'd might be interested in ordering 2 XLG Mens
Thanks have awesome and safe trip everyone!

Last edited:
Dan,
Sent you a text message. Shirts are $22.00 each. Contact Beth, she will take care of you.

Mark,
The lot we plan to park is:

980 N Marginal Rd
Cleveland, OH 44114
United States

We plan to get there about 10AM. I'll text you to make sure we both have each other's number and I think that you have Cubby's, too. I hope you and Missy Bling can make it to Clevwland!
Tim

Mark,
The lot we plan to park is:

980 N Marginal Rd
Cleveland, OH 44114
United States

We plan to get there about 10AM. I'll text you to make sure we both have each other's number and I think that you have Cubby's, too. I hope you and Missy Bling can make it to Clevwland!
Tim

Thanks Tim.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry