Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

While at a local car show today. I was told by several ppl that they heard if a new Cadillac convertible coming out by 2019. Can anyone here confirm this rumor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye 372, It is funny you should ask. A friend of mine who really likes my XLR was over the other day telling me Cadillac was going to start making our cars again. I said no way and he was emphatic about it as a friend in the know had told him. I was going to make a post like yours to see if anyone else had heard anything.
John F.

Hawkeye 372, It is funny you should ask. A friend of mine who really likes my XLR was over the other day telling me Cadillac was going to start making our cars again. I said no way and he was emphatic about it as a friend in the know had told him. I was going to make a post like yours to see if anyone else had heard anything.
John F.

This is what I found out about the 2019 candy convertible. But if anyone else has found something different than please let us know
2019 Cadillac Escala Convertible - YouTube

I haven’t seen anything about a 2019 convertible, just some mention of a 2021 convertible based on a “medium” sized coupe spin off of the ATS/CTS.

I’m still wondering if, once the mid-engine Corvette arrives, the C7 platform will be pawned off to Cadillac for its use. Otherwise it would be pretty short term use of a new platform, although that might have been affected by the bankruptcy. And I don’t really see them selling both versions of the Corvette for any length of time.

On a slightly different subject today I attended a car show. The car has been in the garage since it was detailed and waxed last Sunday. So all I really had to do when I arrived at the show grounds was use the California duster around some areas. I was one of many in my category for the best of 20 cars. Every so often I got in the car and showed some spectators how the top operates. They were amused at this point. So now with all these plaques I have. I need to rearrange the wall space in the garage.
04db6fcaf6c43e8fec0d7df540456043.jpg
d46d82f7781c287791cc058f9302bcf7.jpg
f2785b357f79bbc6b72091ff359b8fa3.jpg

The last pic shows the Bottom area of a cabinet that I had moved into the garage from my bathroom. That holds pretty much all my cleaning supplies for the car.

Ok I think I know the answer to my problem but will ask here anyway. The last couple days I’ve been hearing this low rumble sound when turning the steering wheel. Thinking it’s something to do with the steering boot seals but don’t know for sure. This just started happening when I turn the wheel when I first start the car up. So is this what what I’m thinking is the steering boot starting to wear out. I’m only 3 k (guessing) away from my next oil change. I have around 56500 miles on my mileage.
I tried to find the post under maintenance but I’m using my Tapatalk app for my phone not my computer.

951c653e1548572b91fc55ccbd859759.jpg

Took advantage of what might be our last warm, dry day for a while to get Beauty ready for winter. Cleaned the leather, put Zaino leather treatment on, washed her & put 2 coats of Zaino on then some Z-8 spray. Hard to believe she’s 11 years old & has 46k+ miles on her - she hides her age well! (my “blue bird” daily driver is in the background, newer but way more miles)

Attachments

• 448E807E-8CFE-48F2-9A37-E4E795B1ADE1.jpg
    448E807E-8CFE-48F2-9A37-E4E795B1ADE1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 332
Took advantage of what might be our last warm, dry day for a while to get Beauty ready for winter. Cleaned the leather, put Zaino leather treatment on, washed her & put 2 coats of Zaino on then some Z-8 spray. Hard to believe she’s 11 years old & has 46k+ miles on her - she hides her age well! (my “blue bird” daily driver is in the background, newer but way more miles)

Wow look at that shine.
909c6720e70eb6ab64e124d6d6acf7ea.jpg

Had to take mine out to the dealer today because of steering sound. Thought I could keep her clean for a little longer. But because of the rain we had last night and early today. Her bottom area is a little dirty. But the car is back in the garage now till Monday. Hope everyone had a nice and safe thanksgiving.

Well tomorrow is the last day for warm weather topdown driving For me. Today mom had to go to JOI (Jacksonville orthopedic institute). I hate the road that we have to travel on to get to the building. It has manhole covers all over the place that are uneven. This really is the only time she is allowed to drive my car. The reason is she gets her back shot every 6 months. And since my car has the adaptions and her van doesn’t we have to take the xlr. Well today started out heavy traffic. Then to top it off all the handicap places are taken. So she pulls into a normal space. I get out so I don’t knock my door into the next car. So while I’m out she starts to pull forward. She doesn’t judge where the curb is and only sees the fence. I hear this bang after I yell stop. So later when we arrive home as I’m wiping down the car I check the front end. All I see is minor scrape on the brackets that hold the lower curb plate under the bumper. Whew I thought it would’ve been much more involved with a new paint job on the front facade grill lower bumper. She is very lucky. I was yelling but I don’t think she heard me cussing because the windows were up.

Last edited:
Who is that man?

Any of you folks recognize the man in the photo with me?

Attachments

• HHI 1.jpg
    HHI 1.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 252
Grundy Ins Co

PJ-AM907_pjOLDA_20080729144122.jpg

Jim Jr. and his mother.... Mother Pattie pasted away last Sept

Last edited:
I’ve had a number of people over the years see my XLR and ask “is that the new Cadillac?” Today while driving my ‘13 CTS coupe (base), someone started a conversation with me about it at a stoplight. They really liked it & asked me what year it was, and when I answered, responded “oh, I thought it was one of the new Cadillacs.”

To me, the CTS coupe is the last non-V Cadillac with any pizazz to it, like a XLR. If only de Nysschen and his crew were in touch with that ... instead he’s managed to create a fleet, at the base level, of boring look-alikes a la Audi (with apologies to Audi fans). I understand they’re selling well in China, so I suppose that doesn’t matter, but one can always dream...

It would appear that I have gone from the woman no one talks to because I suffer from "resting ***** face" to the most approachable woman in Houston since I got my girl, Quinn.

I've never been spoken to by so many random people in my life. [emoji1]

For example, I was stopped in the grocery store parking lot by the sweetest elderly woman the other day. The first question she asked me was "sweet girl, am I crazy and blind or is that beautiful car of yours PINK?" I couldn't help but to laugh out loud as I assured her that my girl was most definitely pink and that she was still in her wits. She began asking about the color, the car itself, how fun was she to drive, etc...I explained about how they managed to get that particular color, about the car, and every other question she could think of. When she finally said "goodbye", we had talked for about 1/2 an hour.

I have discovered something about myself and I'm rather surprised/entertained by it. Even though I am a 100% introverted personality, I have zero trouble talking to ANYONE about my girl...lol

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Well I had planned on topping up the gas tank today, before the big chill hits here again. But plans have changed. This is why
3fb024fbc868bcbc726f82ed47a74f4a.jpg
I get in the car and see that my airbag light is staying on. So I run down to the dealership instead. The service advisor after pulling it into the service garage says to me. The service guy that deals with my car can’t look at it for about 2 hrs. They are backed up with another car that needs new tires. So I had the lady drive me home and now waiting for the “doctors” prognosis on how bad it is. Luckily I have Zurich extended Warranty.

Ok update on previous post service guy called back. Told me something I didn’t expect. I thought I had till middle of this year till my warranty expired. But he said it’s a simple but long fix. The wire harness under the seat is frayed. And to top it off the warranty expired last October. So they quoted me $820.00. Now I’m waiting on a call back to see if I can extend or renew my warranty

I was about to reply to your earlier post, to tell you it was most likely the wiring harness under the seat causing the problem, when I saw your reply. There is a TSB on this and if I'm not mistaken the repair is under warranty. You need to call your dealer back and have them check on this. You should have received this notice in the mail a couple years ago, as a registered owner. I'll search my paperwork later today and find the TSB number.

Ok update on previous post service guy called back. Told me something I didn’t expect. I thought I had till middle of this year till my warranty expired. But he said it’s a simple but long fix. The wire harness under the seat is frayed. And to top it off the warranty expired last October. So they quoted me $820.00. Now I’m waiting on a call back to see if I can extend or renew my warranty

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back