Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Just had a call from the negotiator, should have final approval Friday or next Monday. That is certainly good news, am anxious to head South.

Good luck! Hope it works out for you ...

We are back from a full day of being Looky Lou's ..... I do not like this part -

We found a perfect home .... but a little more than we planned to spend ... just over 2100 sq ft ... under the oaks .... I love it. Scary things for a city girl ... on a well, and uses a septic tank .. and propane. We don't know anything about using/maintaining any of those things. :spin:

Good luck! Hope it works out for you ...

We are back from a full day of being Looky Lou's ..... I do not like this part -

We found a perfect home .... but a little more than we planned to spend ... just over 2100 sq ft ... under the oaks .... I love it. Scary things for a city girl ... on a well, and uses a septic tank .. and propane. We don't know anything about using/maintaining any of those things. :spin:

When I was growing up our home was on a septic tank and we had stove in the kitchen for cooking that was on propane. We also had a coal and wood cook stove which my mother even fired up in the summer when she canned fruit and vegtables. We had two propane bottles, when one ran out she switched over to the other one and then the gas company would come and replace the empty.

I went on realtor.com and looked at properties in Ramona, seems after looking in AZ the prices per sq ft are outragious. Too rich for my blood. Anything over 2000 sq ft is a comfortable size, the house I am buying is 2,361 sq ft. plus the 3 car garage so it will be just the right size for Digby and me. He doesn't need much room.

Good luck and happy hunting

And the good news is!

The good news is, final orders received today, utilities are now in my name, inspection to be next Wednesday, hope to close prior to January 17, 2011. Am anxious to get where it is warm.:wave::wave::wave:

Congratulations!!!!

We hope you love your new home forever ....

Thanks RA, I know once everything from this house goes in down there I will be in hog heaven. It may not be this winter but maybe before next winter I will decide to just stay there year around.:blinzel::blinzel::blinzel:

I lived in Phoenix for a few months back in 1983. It was an interesting place to live, lots to see and do.

I was working at Palo Verde. I always got a kick out of the fact that it would be 40 degrees when I went to work and 90 when I came home!

But it's a dry heat! Right.

Hope your move goes well and that you are very happy there! :)

Congratulations. Good Luck on your closing and hope all goes well and you enjoy your new home. Now when we come through Phoenix and see Jetboy we can see another friendly face.

The good news is, final orders received today, utilities are now in my name, inspection to be next Wednesday, hope to close prior to January 17, 2011. Am anxious to get where it is warm.:wave::wave::wave:

Great news, Robert!!! We do make it down to Phoenix now and then... we will have to look you up!!

Yes Robert good luck and maybe we will see you if you stop in Albuquerque on your wonderful journey to your new home.

Yes Robert good luck and maybe we will see you if you stop in Albuquerque on your wonderful journey to your new home.

Maybe we can have lunch together. When I know for sure what day I will start the trip I will get in touch with you. Sounds good ot me. Thanks Jean for the idea.

Maybe we can have lunch together. When I know for sure what day I will start the trip I will get in touch with you. Sounds good ot me. Thanks Jean for the idea.

Your welcome, just let us know when you want to do it. Look forward to seeing you again. :D

Barrett-Jackson .... now there's an ALL DAY adventure! What a fabulous, and ultimate car show .... We had such a blast with JetBoy .... wish we could make it this year, but that just doesn't look likely ...

We love those AZ Pavillion shows too .... and the little diner across the street where you can have some good ol' fashion diner food while you rest up and refuel ....

AZ winter's ...... ahhhhhh ...... so nice.

We miss those surprise visits, good food, our good friend Kent ..... We will see you - and remember San Diego is a good place to vacation during those summers .... you can become a Zonie as well!

Jean emailed me this today .... it made me laugh ..... because it is so true! I love #3 .... I'm not sure, but I don't think Mac users have this problem .....

For those of us who love the way computers enhance our lives, read on.

At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated,

'If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would be driving $25O cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon.'

In response to Bill 's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating:

Had GM developed technology like Microsoft, we would be driving cars with the following characteristics (I like this part):

1. For no reason your car would crash.........Twice a day.

2.. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car powered by the sun, very reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would be replaced by a single 'This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation' warning light.

7. The airbag system would ask 'Are you sure?' before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed the radio antenna.

9. Every time a new car was introduced, car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10. You'd have to press the 'Start' button to turn the engine off.

PS - When all else fails, you could call ' customer service ' in some foreign country and be instructed in a foreign language how to fix your car yourself!

Jean emailed me this today .... it made me laugh ..... because it is so true! I love #3 .... I'm not sure, but I don't think Mac users have this problem .....

At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated,

'If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would be driving $25O cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon.'

Had GM developed technology like Microsoft, we would be driving cars with the following characteristics (I like this part):

2.. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car powered by the sun, very reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would be replaced by a single 'This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation' warning light.

8. Occasionally, for no reason your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed the radio antenna.

9. Every time a new car was introduced, car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

PS - When all else fails, you could call ' customer service ' in some foreign country and be instructed in a foreign language how to fix your car yourself!

#3. This is what happened to the Pirius so many times. LOL
#4. I just read an article about left turns, Fed X or UPS is mapping deliveries for their drivers so they don't make left turns. Requires more fuel for left hand turns and also more time so they are saving money.

It seems #9 is happening more and more each year... everything is going to symbols for the interior controls. My parents - in their 80's - have a hard time figuring out the controls on their new Buick as opposed to the 98 Buick they had. The 98 still had words - like a/c instead of a snowflake symbol, etc.

Looks as if it will be Thursday when I start to AZ. I should know tomorrow or Tuesday for certain. I normally get an early start 5 or 6 in the morning and of course it all depends on weather.

Looks as if it will be Thursday when I start to AZ. I should know tomorrow or Tuesday for certain. I normally get an early start 5 or 6 in the morning and of course it all depends on weather.

CONGRATS!!! I KNOW you can hardly wait to get settled!!

Our weather is almost Spring-like ..... cold nights, beautiful days ... lots of visitors here from all over -
Yesterday we were out looking at different areas and neighborhoods - we saw a bunch of out of town license plates .... I think they're pretty interesting to look at and try to decipher .... some of the plates ... I think it was TN has the County the car is registered in on the plate. It took me awhile to figure out why all of the plates I saw had different names on them - at first I thought they were personalized plates with their last names on them - until I saw 2 of the same! :rolleyes:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom