Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Third Time Charm, I HOPE!

Have an appointment for "Little Bugger" Thursday morning @ 8:30 for a rear end overhaul. The fluids have been changed twice so the bulliten states the third time the clutches need to be changed out. Sure hope it works, I am tired of being shaken up when turning into a parking space. Will be bringing home a CTS Wagon while the repairs are being done. Sorry to say the wagon does not have heated and cooled seats nor a remote start. I inquired today if I could order a V Wagon with all the great features I have on the DTS, you know, auto headlight dimer, front parking assist, heated/cooled seats, massaging lumbar seats, remote start, heated steering wheel and so forth only to be told NO. I remember when I special ordered my 1969 Grand Prix, I got the things I wanted, granted it took over six weeks but I didn't mind the wait. The good old days are gone forever. With only 23,000 miles on the XLR and 9,700 on the DTS I will probably just keep them for a few more years.

See's candies

We received a box of See's Candies in the mail...Thanks Ray & Ruth Ann. They won't last long with Kathy around.:lol:

We drove to Las Vegas today and went over the new fly over bridge which by-passes the dam. The new road is great, 4 lane all the way and it cuts 30 to 45 minutes off the drive from Kingman. The California rains were in Arizona, but were gone by noon in Las Vegas.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas.

On Sunday we will stopping in Phoenix on the way back to Albuquerque and will be having lunch with Jetboy.

Merry Christmas, Jim & Jean--hope you win big!!

We drove to Las Vegas today and went over the new fly over bridge which by-passes the dam. The new road is great, 4 lane all the way and it cuts 30 to 45 minutes off the drive from Kingman. The California rains were in Arizona, but were gone by noon in Las Vegas.

On Sunday we will stopping in Phoenix on the way back to Albuquerque and will be having lunch with Jetboy.

Cubby & Supa

I would like to publicly and formally thank Chicago Dave once again for all his work on the XLR "forum name" golf shirts. I received mine last week, and in the hustle and bustle of the season have only today gotten around to thanking him.

I boxed and wrapped 5AM's up, put it with the other Christmas presents and told her that she's gotta explain it to the whole extended family when she opens it. She has no idea what it is. :naughty: (I figured with all the kids, parents and grandparents there we'd need a little levity)

Thanks again, the quality, fit, and embroidery is outstanding!

I would like to publicly and formally thank Chicago Dave once again for all his work on the XLR "forum name" golf shirts. I received mine last week, and in the hustle and bustle of the season have only today gotten around to thanking him.

I boxed and wrapped 5AM's up, put it with the other Christmas presents and told her that she's gotta explain it to the whole extended family when she opens it. She has no idea what it is. :naughty: (I figured with all the kids, parents and grandparents there we'd need a little levity)

Thanks again, the quality, fit, and embroidery is outstanding!

Wow .... I just asked about those last week ... didn't want to seem pushy but wondered if they were in the works ... glad to hear they are ... let me know CD ... !!!

We are exhausted after 3 solid days of being on the go .... house to house to house ... We're kickin' back watching the Charger's play the Bengals .... yeah, even me.​

We've been watching the news and of course because we are nearing the end of the year the news teams are covering 2010 highlights ... so many events from here and around the world. It is amazing. Maybe it's a good thing that we cannot see into the future!:willy_nilly:

From our home to yours .... We wish you a very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year! May this be the year that all of your dreams come true. One of ours will when me meet again in July.​

Happy New New!
:party

Ray & Ruth Ann​

We are exhausted after 3 solid days of being on the go .... house to house to house ... We're kickin' back watching the Charger's play the Bengals .... yeah,

Also watching the Bengals (now) winning against the Chargers with my youngest Son; a hugh Cincinnati fan (I know, it's sad and unexplainable)
Watching them Bengals march toward victory yet to arrive, most likely at an inevitable loss. The fun never ends!

I ate way too much yesterday, I'm still full 24 hours later. And way, way, way tooooo much desserts!
fat-man-2.gif

I ate way too much yesterday, I'm still full 24 hours later. And way, way, way tooooo much desserts!
fat-man-2.gif

I hear you Gizmo. I don't thnk I'll need to eat for a week right now. :dunno:

It was good to see you both again. Love that purse Jean got in Vegas :rocker:

So where are the pictures of the new critter?:dunno:

Jean should post them soon. He is actually about the size of a chipmunk at 8 weeks old.

I know we have talked about this before. Is anyone else still having problems with the site? I don't have problems with any other sites but when I get on this site it lets me post one time and then I can't go anywhere else on the site. :confused:

I know we have talked about this before. Is anyone else still having problems with the site? I don't have problems with any other sites but when I get on this site it lets me post one time and then I can't go anywhere else on the site. :confused:

Having the same problems, just tried to post an answer to this post and Internet Explorer could not connect with the forum. STRANGE

Thanks guys at least I know it's not me. I thought I was doing something wrong. I do not have computer savvy. I was getting ready to throw my computer out of my office. :chuckle

I guess Christmas is going to be a few days late or my birthday is going to come a few days early. Just received a phone call from the negotiator on the Gilbert property, said if I will amend my purchase contract for $1,000.00 more, the sellar has already agreed to coff up $2,500.00 to the bank, we should have an approved contract, by Friday or at the very latest Monday. This is what the bank that services the current mortgage on the house wants and has agreed to. Short sales take a while but I guess in the end are worth it. It has now been 37 days since my contract was submitted. Out of nearly 10,000 homes for sale in the Phoenix metro area, this is the only one so far that suits my needs and/or wants. Of course I probably only looked at less than 100 when I found this one. Will keep you posted.

I guess Christmas is going to be a few days late or my birthday is going to come a few days early. Just received a phone call from the negotiator on the Gilbert property, said if I will amend my purchase contract for $1,000.00 more, the sellar has already agreed to coff up $2,500.00 to the bank, we should have an approved contract, by Friday or at the very latest Monday. This is what the bank that services the current mortgage on the house wants and has agreed to. Short sales take a while but I guess in the end are worth it. It has now been 37 days since my contract was submitted. Out of nearly 10,000 homes for sale in the Phoenix metro area, this is the only one so far that suits my needs and/or wants. Of course I probably only looked at less than 100 when I found this one. Will keep you posted.

Congrats FR. Will keep my fingers crossed for you. Hope it all works out.

Robert,
I hope it all goes well for you and I will have our fingers crossed as well.
Jean

Thirsty and I have been at my sisters house in Vancouver, British Columbia since Boxing Day, and will be here until the New Year. It is nice to get away from the cold temps even it will only be for a week. Have been popping in once in awhile to see how everyone has been doing. I have been helping my brother in law with the restoration of his 65 Marlin. If I get a chance I'll post photos. Two days ago I was polishing the the rings that hold the headlights in place using a bench grinder set up with polishing wheels. The ring got away from me and I wound up having to get a few stiches,but oh well that is how things go sometimes. Other than that Thirsty and I are having a break and wish you all the best.

OUCH, sorry to hear about your finger, hope it doesn't interfer with your typeing. How much warmer is British Columbia than where you live? Glad you have the time to take a break.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom