Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Here it has been weeks since I have seen an XLR on the road, and now I have seen 2 in 2 days!

I was not a half-mile from my house when I saw a black 2009 model. It was a little dirty, but here is the odd thing...........it had Illinois tags on it!

Anyone from this forum happen to be in NC this week?

Nope, it wasn't me. I'm in Detroit for the Belle Isle Grand Prix. Go Team Cadillac!

Here it has been weeks since I have seen an XLR on the road, and now I have seen 2 in 2 days!

I was not a half-mile from my house when I saw a black 2009 model. It was a little dirty, but here is the odd thing...........it had Illinois tags on it!

I saw one the other day parked in grocery store parking lot. It was filthy and looked like it wasn't being taken care of. :(

I saw one the other day parked in grocery store parking lot. It was filthy and looked like it wasn't being taken care of. :(

Maybe its about to find a new owner that will lOVE it. :confused:

You know it wasn't me!! :lol: If I could find a way to clean it while I was driving it, I'd be doing it. :laugh::laugh:

You know it wasn't me!! :lol: If I could find a way to clean it while I was driving it, I'd be doing it. :laugh::laugh:

I wouldn't doubt it a bit! Some people have lifts installed in their garages, I would expect you to have a Lazer Touchless wash system in yours! :chuckle:chuckle

In our area, there are 5 XLRs counting Gameroom's - 2 Vs (both black and Coach's is always the cleanest - the idea of a No-Touch Car Wash in the garage must never be mentioned in her presence, please) one of the others is a 2009. What we saw in the mall parking lot recently was a STS-V with out of state plates. This was the first I had ever seen. Does anyone know how many were actually made?

What may be more amazing is our local Cadillac dealer service department, which has 3 XLR "trained and certified" mechanics on staff. Nice ratio. Even if all 5 of us show up at once, not a long wait to see someone who at one time knew what we drove in.:lol:

It's been several years since I searched and thought about one, but I seem to recall around 2500 or somewhere around that figure. Haven't seen one for a couple of years now.

................. Does anyone know how many were actually made?

That may be next, after I get the lift installed! That way I could clean'em two at a time! :laugh::laugh:

I wouldn't doubt it a bit! Some people have lifts installed in their garages, I would expect you to have a Lazer Touchless wash system in yours! :chuckle:chuckle

GumBall Casualties

We saw a couple of the GumBalll cars on the side of I-40, east of Flagstaff, AZ on Wednesday afternoon. Looked like at least one of them (#127?) might have had a mechanical, and the other was there helping out. I sure wish we had left on our trip to California a day earlier! We might have been passed by those gorgeous cars. Great pic's!

Tim

The Gumball 3000 Rally just passed through St Louis. Today's checkpoint was the Gateway Arch. They were supposed to start arriving at 2PM so I decided to get there early and get a good parking spot. WRONG! They were already there when I pulled in at 1230PM.

Thank God STL was only a checkpoint, heard a rumor they're partying and antics in Indy were epic. They left here for an overnight in Kansas City and will arrive in LA by Thursday. I hear two cars have been impounded, one imposter was uncovered and his car stripped, several speeding tickets have been received, and the parties are all out of control.
AMAZING CARS!!!! That would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience to see the Gumball Rally cars!! I can only imaging the partying that goes on... thanks for sharing!!

Lunch with George

George and I met for lunch at Shappero's Deli in Indy today. Always good to see you.

Bob

XLR across the block on Mecum Auto Auctions

I happened to turn on the TV this afternoon while Mecum Auto Auctions were on the Velocity Channel. About 5:00 pm Eastern, a black 2006 XLR crossed the block. The TV hosts talked it up pretty well and were wondering if the XLRs would become more collectible as time goes on.

Evidently, the high bid didn't clear the reserve. The high bid was $36,500 and it didn't sell.

It was the first time I can recall seeing an XLR cross the block during a Mecum auction.

Was it a "V" .... the last thing I remember reading was that if any of the XLR's became collectible it would be that. But it's hard to believe that with less than 20,000 of them produced that most of them wouldn't be collectable someday.

Today, I drove through a local fast food lane .... the last thing I heard after she gave me my change was "nice ride" as I drove away ... :D

Was it a "V" .... the last thing I remember reading was that if any of the XLR's became collectible it would be that. But it's hard to believe that with less than 20,000 of them produced that most of them wouldn't be collectable someday.

It did not appear to be a "V", though it appeared that it had a front grille upgrade.

Acccording to production figures posted on this site, there were less than 16,000 XLRs produced in total. I do agree that the XLR-V cars will be more collectible in general, but I also believe that all XLRs will become more collectible as time goes on.

A lot of people have never seen one and a parked one always draws attention. I have been keeping a close eye on market prices for the XLRs and those prices are just as high if not a bit higher than they were 2 years ago.

In my opinion, the real beauty of the XLR as a collectible car is that there will never be a newer body style of the XLR that makes the 2004-2009 models look "dated". Only the 2009 models look noticeably different than the others, and unlike Corvettes, there is only really one generation of XLR.

Pretty Day

An awesome day here in Central Florida! Nothing but sunshine and a light breeze.
Spruced up the XLR a little and washed up the wife's Mercedes (SL 600). Yea, I don't quite get it either... she says it has something to do with horsepower, 12 cylinders, and room for shopping bags in the jump seats behind the driver/passenger.

I always thought the lack of such space was an economy feature that made the XLR the perfect choice.... She agrees so long as I am the one driving it

Steve

In Oregon

I wish it was nice where I'm at. Left MT on Thursday... been raining EVER SINCE!!!! The XLR has never seen this much rain since I've had it; I'm afraid it will be waterloggeed if the rain doesn't stop by the time we get home this Friday...

In Texas

I would happily Trade you some Sun for a little of that Rain, MT. We are stating to fry down here. Bluehawk

Bluehawk, glad to see more XLRs in Texas.

In Lincoln City, Oregon

I would happily Trade you some Sun for a little of that Rain, MT. We are stating to fry down here. Bluehawk

I would GLADLY send some your way... it's really starting to come down now. Been raining all day; I was really hoping for some top-down time out here... supposed to clear up on Wednesday morning - when we are leaving... go figure!!! Then again, I heard it was 90 degrees back home yesterday... with my luck, it will be raining when we get there...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom